Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

London Marriott County Hall, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

Exec lounge renovation is complete. Access is elite+1. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Maximum of 2 guests per room for Lounge access. Ł80 charge for third adult and Ł40.00 for a child.

Swimming pool:

Adults: open 5:30am-11:00pm weekdays, last entry 10:15pm; 6:00am-11pm weekends, last entry 10:15pm

Children under the age of 16 may access the pool from 9am-7pm & must be accompanied by an adult
Print Wikipost

London Marriott County Hall, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2001, 1:59 pm

We stayed at the Marriott Marble Arches for a week last summer. The executive lounge was very nice, especially for breakfast which included smoked salmon.

The location was convenient for sightseeing, about a five minute walk to the Tube. We found lots of restaurants in the area, and the Wallace Collection Museum is very close and free.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions.
Old Dec 11, 2001, 4:58 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Travalot:
We stayed at the Marriott Marble Arches for a week last summer. The executive lounge was very nice, especially for breakfast which included smoked salmon.

The location was convenient for sightseeing, about a five minute walk to the Tube. We found lots of restaurants in the area, and the Wallace Collection Museum is very close and free.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions.
</font>
Welcome to FT! Thanks for your insight. It looks like we made a good choice for a stay over on the way back to YYZ.

Old Mar 23, 2002, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mileshound:
If you are flying Envoy on US they will arrange for a car to take you there. No charge.</font>
I know I'm resurrecting an old one here. Just curious if this is still true, and if it applies if you have upgraded to Envoy.
Old Mar 23, 2002, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Mileshound, what do you mean? -- In 2 weeks I'll be going CLT-LGW on US in Envoy. I hadn't heard anything about complimentary transportation. Is this just for people staying at Marriotts (I'm at the Sheraton Park Lane)...who would I contact to make that arrangement???
Old May 2, 2002, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I just called and asked for an upgrade. I'm only Silver these days w/ Marriott. They told me they'd get me a very nice room for only 25# plus tax per night. Is this worth it? The 'standard' room doesn't sound all that great.
Old May 2, 2002, 9:53 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dingo:
I know I'm resurrecting an old one here. Just curious if this is still true, and if it applies if you have upgraded to Envoy.</font>
Not true for upgraded tickets unfortunately... if your fare class indicates you upgraded (i.e. not J or C class), no gatwick express tickets, nor car service
Old May 2, 2002, 10:00 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
dingo - the County Hall is a great hotel. Your standard room will be fine but for 25 pounds, take the upgrade.

BTW, Renaissance Chancery Court is also a great property where you might be able to do better.
Old May 3, 2002, 10:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
On our last few trips, since we are a family of 4 with a moderate amount of luggage we have used a driving service. The fare is not too out of line with using public transportation once you pay for four. Compared to taxis they offered a great price. Plus they are there waiting for you.

The link is:

http://www.airport-transfers-uk.com/index.html

We found the drivers to be courteous, friendly and professional. We also hired them to drive us to and from the port of Harwich a few times. I compared the cost to other providers and this service was reasonable. Most of all we had peace of mind using them. There were no surprises and they took great care of us.
Old May 5, 2002, 5:53 pm

I stand corrected. Only paid Envoy passengers get the comp transportation. I'm note sure if they still do this post 9/11.
If you are in London for only 5 days or less here's a special ($20 roundtrip) on the Gatwick Express. I don't know if you can purchase it there - the mailing charges are high.

http://raileurope.lycos.com/us/rail/...ck_express.htm

Old May 8, 2002, 3:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
London County Hall - is the upgrade worth it?

I'm visiting London for the first time this October and picked County Hall for 6 nights, based on posts in this forum. I'm trying to decide whether to spend the extra 25 pounds/US$40 to upgrade my awards room.

I've read here that they have an excellent concierge lounge but I have also read that it was been scaled back after 9/11 - this may have been temporary.

Are the upgraded rooms larger or do they only offer a river view? Is the view worth it?

Thanks

------------------
lennon
Old May 9, 2002, 9:43 am

Some if this may depend on your status with MR - I am Platinum and may have received a better room because of that. In any case, I stayed at County Hall on award travel in March, and it was excellent. Without paying for the upgrade (I don't think it was even offered when I reserved) I got a nice king room, big desk, high-speed internet, two nice upholstered chairs, etc. No sofa or loveseat, which I would have liked, but it was a very nice room. My room was on the curve on the river that you see in the pictures, although I faced the London Eye rather than Parliament. There are rooms that are not on the curve, though, so that may require the upgrade if you're not Platinum.

The lounge was very nice - open all day, with light breafast pastry, and snacks at night - very high quality. I did make friends with another guest who had been staying there for 3 months, and he seemed very happy with the place.
Old May 9, 2002, 3:53 pm
TUFBEAR

If you want to take your chances, and don't mind looking @ a courtyard or "dipsy dumpster" for 6 days, save the $40.00 a day. If you want a guaranteed river view room, pay the extra. If you're not Platinum you're probably not going to get anything (comp's) unless you pay for it. Others probably have experiences where they've been upgraded. But,whenever we travel internationally, we don't like to be wondering for 6 months if a desk clerk will give us anything, especially in London.

Old May 12, 2002, 7:12 pm

check out my post in one of the other London Marriott threads. My wife and I just got back yesterday from upgrading at the County Hall. I'd do it again if it were me. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me via email found in my profile.
Old Feb 6, 2003, 10:22 am

Programs: Delta, AA
County Hall in London--can 4 go in one room?

I am planning a Marriott rewards stay at the Marriott County Hall in London for 2 adults and 2 kids (12, 14). Can one room accomodiate four? What bedding arrangements do they offer? I know many European hotels have 2 singles or one king/queen...is there a rollaway brought in, and if so, is there an extra charge for a rollaway (another common hotel trick, and the charge can be substancial!).

One other question--is it worth the roughly $40 surcharge a night for the "river" view vs. the "garden" view.

Any help appreciated!
Old Feb 6, 2003, 1:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I've been at County Hall a few times - my rooms have been both large (4 would be fine) & small (4 would not be). I don't know about the roll-away situation. Call & ask re: fee. River view is worth it. If you haven't done the London Eye yet (right outside CH), do. Skip the aquarium (underneath CH); not worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.