Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott VISA Elite Nights Taking Longer to Post?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum

Hi All,

I've noticed that a few cycles ago, it seems like Marriott elite nights take longer to post than they used to. My cycle ends on the 4th, and I usually have my points around the 5th or 6th. It's the 13th, and my elite nights still haven't posted yet. Have you seen this as well? This has been the trend the past couple months for me.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
are you talking about the elite night for every $3k in purchases? if so, Chase has had a problem with under/over-reporting this bene (received a notice by snail-mail last week on this point) and is trying to correct their system......... as they work on the problem this might be a cause of your current delayed posting......

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Hi All,

I've noticed that a few cycles ago, it seems like Marriott elite nights take longer to post than they used to. My cycle ends on the 4th, and I usually have my points around the 5th or 6th. It's the 13th, and my elite nights still haven't posted yet. Have you seen this as well? This has been the trend the past couple months for me.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

Yah I'm talking about the $3K elite night. I got a notice in the mail about this as well. They just said that I had been undercredited and that my statement was up to date now. I didn't know it was an ongoing issue that affected a bunch of people. If so, then this delay makes sense.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:54 pm
Suspended

my snail-mail said under-reported and to expect additional nights to be posted during next cycle, which for me ends on the 15/16th and posts around the 20th so I'll see next week what's up..............

Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Yah I'm talking about the $3K elite night. I got a notice in the mail about this as well. They just said that I had been undercredited and that my statement was up to date now. I didn't know it was an ongoing issue that affected a bunch of people. If so, then this delay makes sense.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:09 pm
LKO

Programs: Marriott platinum
I had one night post in Jan and then nothing for several months. It should have been an additional 4-5 nights, so I called and asked them about it. They looked into it and credited some additional nights. But that was probably 4-6 weeks ago and nothing more has posted since then. I guess I'll have to call them again.

In past years my elite nights almost always posted on the 10th of the month. My statement ends on the 13th and the points post a day or two after that.

We shouldn't have to repeatedly call them and inquire about our elite nights posting. I'm not very impressed with Chase this year. I might switch to the Fidelity 2% cash back American Express card for most purchases.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: AA LT plat; Delta Gold; Marriott LT titanium; Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by LKO
We shouldn't have to repeatedly call them and inquire about our elite nights posting. I'm not very impressed with Chase this year. I might switch to the Fidelity 2% cash back American Express card for most purchases.
I have those same two cards and balance spending between them The only reason I use the Marriott Visa card much is for the elite nights to keep my Platinum status.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 1:55 pm

I was wondering the same thing. I saw on the website to allow 6-8 weeks for the elite nights to be credited after the statement. I hope it doesn't normally take this long.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Aha!

Finally got my two nights tonight .

So right now it looks like it's taking about two weeks after statement close to get any elite nights. Oh well - good to know!
Old Jul 20, 2012, 6:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott PP
I saw my extra elite nights this morning. I have a question on if the $3k rolls over at the end of the calendar year. For instance, say I spent $2500 last CY. Will I get a night credited when I spend $500 this year?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 6:53 am
Suspended

as far as I know, it's cumulative so over whatever period you finally aggregate $3k you then get an elite night posted....... so, in your hypo, yes, after you complete the $3k aggregate you should get an elite night posted

Originally Posted by trekwars2000
I saw my extra elite nights this morning. I have a question on if the $3k rolls over at the end of the calendar year. For instance, say I spent $2500 last CY. Will I get a night credited when I spend $500 this year?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 7:20 am

Programs: AA LT plat; Delta Gold; Marriott LT titanium; Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
as far as I know, it's cumulative so over whatever period you finally aggregate $3k you then get an elite night posted....... so, in your hypo, yes, after you complete the $3k aggregate you should get an elite night posted
I agree - any amounts under a multiple of 3K carry over month to month until it hits another 3K.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
Yup - this is my understanding as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.