Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confusion on Breakfast

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Confusion on Breakfast

I've searched both the Marriott web site and this forum and can't seem to get a definitive answer to this.

I'm staying at a full service Marriott outside of the US (Paris - CE) and will be there for a full week. I am staying on points for all nights. I am Platinum.

What exactly is the policy on free breakfasts? Should I expect it on weekdays? Weekends? Or never since I'm staying on points. There are three of us for the week so breakfast could add up to a decent chunk of change.

Thanks in advance for you help.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:33 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

since the Marriott Paris CE does not have a concierge lounge you will be comped breakfast in the restaurant every day including weekends (international benefit).

Oh, we were there in March, breakfast was EXCELLENT!
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
try checkin the Marriott website for this type of answer:

Guaranteed Lounge Access/Free Breakfast
Help yourself to light snacks, beverages and complimentary continental breakfast in our Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge at participating JW Marriott Hotels, the Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels and Marriott Hotels & Resorts. If your hotel doesn’t have a Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge, we invite you to enjoy complimentary continental breakfast on your weekday stays. Outside the U.S. and Canada, you are entitled to continental breakfast 7 days a week. (Not available at resort locations.) In the event that this guarantee is not met, a guest compensation of $100 USD* will be issued to Elite members. [GOLD/PLATINUM]
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/mem...s/guarantee.mi

Originally Posted by AllanAtlanta
I've searched both the Marriott web site and this forum and can't seem to get a definitive answer to this.

I'm staying at a full service Marriott outside of the US (Paris - CE) and will be there for a full week. I am staying on points for all nights. I am Platinum.

What exactly is the policy on free breakfasts? Should I expect it on weekdays? Weekends? Or never since I'm staying on points. There are three of us for the week so breakfast could add up to a decent chunk of change.

Thanks in advance for you help.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
try checkin the Marriott website for this type of answer:

Guaranteed Lounge Access/Free Breakfast
Help yourself to light snacks, beverages and complimentary continental breakfast in our Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge at participating JW Marriott Hotels, the Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels and Marriott Hotels & Resorts. If your hotel doesn’t have a Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge, we invite you to enjoy complimentary continental breakfast on your weekday stays. Outside the U.S. and Canada, you are entitled to continental breakfast 7 days a week. (Not available at resort locations.) In the event that this guarantee is not met, a guest compensation of $100 USD* will be issued to Elite members. [GOLD/PLATINUM]
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/mem...s/guarantee.mi
Yes, I found that but it doesn't seem to cover if you are staying on points, is there simply no difference how your stay is being paid for?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by AllanAtlanta
Yes, I found that but it doesn't seem to cover if you are staying on points, is there simply no difference how your stay is being paid for?
Yes, you should get your status benefits no matter how the room is being paid; cash, points, or good looks.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Note that even though it says "continental" I have never had an Asian or European hotel not serve a full hot breakfast on award or paid stays. (A major benefit over Hilton, IME where it seems to be a crapshoot on how "continental" is interpreted.)
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:56 pm

Programs: DLDime & MM - Marriott LifePlat - Hertz Prez - Hyatt Dissapointedist
Just there last month, 10 nights on points, party of three... 30 free wonderful breakfasts. Email concierge prior to arrival if it will put your mind at ease. (Plat)

P.S. I have a jpg of the fourth floor ground plan if you want to PM me for it. Might help you avoid the noisy rear wall rooms and make an upgrade play for a Champs view, or quiet atrium.

Last edited by calrick; Jul 3, 2012 at 10:12 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jul 3, 2012, 10:29 pm
Suspended

I have, if you include the UK in Europe - Marriott County Hall; Bristol/Cardiff/Leeds/Newcastle (limited to continental and charged me for my wife - and, before you ask, yes, reservation made for 2)

BTW, as to your comment about Hilton, found that Hilton Queenstown had surcharges for full (just scrambled eggs) over continental breakfast (and I was there as Diamond)

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Note that even though it says "continental" I have never had an Asian or European hotel not serve a full hot breakfast on award or paid stays. (A major benefit over Hilton, IME where it seems to be a crapshoot on how "continental" is interpreted.)
Old Jul 4, 2012, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
I have, if you include the UK in Europe - Marriott County Hall; Bristol/Cardiff/Leeds/Newcastle (limited to continental and charged me for my wife - and, before you ask, yes, reservation made for 2)
I thought County Hall's lounge was open 7 days/week? Can anyone confirm so I can update the sticky.

Technically I think the free brekkie is just for Gold/Plat member, although most (not all) properties will do it for 2 if 2 are in the room. However, not all do, as in addition to BKKLEE's experience w/ Bristol, etc, we've had some reports on domestic properties only offering up 1, which again meets the terms if not the spirit of the bennie.

To the OP's question - status bennies apply, whether paid or point stays. Haven't tried the staying on good looks part yet

Cheers.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

County Hall lounge is open 7 days, but I as I recall their hot items are limited at breakfast, it probably skirts the line between continental and full.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
County Hall lounge is open 7 days, but I as I recall their hot items are limited at breakfast, it probably skirts the line between continental and full.
Ok, will update the sticky. Thx.

Cheers.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 11:31 am
Suspended

Stayed at CH for 7-nights. Yes, VERY small lounge open 7-days/wk however no hot items offered - they didn't even have a toaster! Evening alcohol (beer/wine/hard-stuff) available as "honors" bar

Old Jul 4, 2012, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's a change, I'm almost positive they at least had bacon before.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 2:16 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
I was there (Paris CE) three weeks ago. Policy was very clear. Platinum +1 gets breakfast (continental side of buffet) every morning. For +5 Euro you get the entire buffet which includes eggs cooked to order and several other dishes.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by sbrower
I was there (Paris CE) three weeks ago. Policy was very clear. Platinum +1 gets breakfast (continental side of buffet) every morning. For +5 Euro you get the entire buffet which includes eggs cooked to order and several other dishes.
Wow, that's cheap. I thought that's the Hilton way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.