Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Harbor Beach Resort - Fort Lauderdale, FL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Harbor Beach Resort - Fort Lauderdale, FL [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2000, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
It's maybe 6 miles north of downtown, but remember that north-south travel in Ft. Lauderdale is usually VERY fast.

Bruce
Old Jul 14, 2004, 9:26 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Harbor Beach Marriott Resort for $129

$129 -- Ft. Lauderdale 4-Star Beach Resort (Reg. $219)
http://www.travelzoo.com/Top20.asp?id=102154706
Source: Harbor Beach Marriott Resort
Old Jul 14, 2004, 1:21 pm

Programs: Marriott:Plat Hilton:Diamond Starwood:Gold DL:Gold WN: Comp Pass
Question Travelzoo??? points/stays counts???

This rate is great, however, do you get the stays and MR points if booked at Travelzoo?????

This property is a 10 and 3030 restaurant on property is a 9.5.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 8:10 pm

No booked through TravelZoo

This is booked directly through Marriott just use Travel Zoo code, can book directly on their web site using TZO. I just did it. You can upgrade to Ocean Front for $159.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 1:06 am

I spoke to the in-house reservation people yesterday regarding this hotel. They stated that they are renovation and that painting and jack hammering are common between 9 and 5. Kind of worried me.
Old Jul 18, 2004, 2:49 am

Conflicting information

I just talked to them yesterday about a change to my reservation and was told that the renovations only involved repainting the exterior of the hotel and the only inconvenience would be the appearance of the scaffolding outside the front, no drilling or any noise. I sure hope not to have any jackhammers going while we are there.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 9:13 am

19 guests at Fort Lauderdale Harbor Beach

Hi all,

Over Christmas week-end, my entire family-in-law (grand parents, 3 brothers and their wives, kids, plus me, just engaged to one of said-kids) are meeting at the Harbor Beach Resort and Spa.

That's 19 people and 8 rooms total. I'm sure it's not a record, but it's quite a few rooms for an expensive week-end. My father in law is paying for most of it and gave his reward number to all reservations.

Here's the thing: as a very small thank you, I'd like to do anything I can to make sure the week-end is awesome, maybe even maximize his points and status (he doesn't have any).

He's not faithful at all (so far) when it comes to hotels, but as a serial cruiser often in FLL, I want to show him that having a great relationship with a property can be really valuable.

So, is there someone in particular I can contact over there to talk about this?
Or - is there a code/coupon I can enter in the reservations (I have access) to maximize points, or to get him an upgrade? Will he earn points on all 8 rooms anyway?

Thanks a lot! FYI - all 19 of us are getting on board Allure of the Seas on December 26th for a 7-day cruise over New Year's. Since it's my first cruise, I'm not even gonna try and modify something there.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Benjh
That's 19 people and 8 rooms total. I'm sure it's not a record, but it's quite a few rooms for an expensive week-end. My father in law is paying for most of it and gave his reward number to all reservations.
If you booked these as transient reservations he'll only receive credit for 3 rooms - typically group blocks start with a minimum of 10 rooms but might be worth a call to see if the sales department would give him credit for all of the rooms
Old Dec 18, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: CO PresPlat, UA GS, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Fairmont Premier, BA Silver, AVIS PresCircle
I've spent a lot of time at this property it's among my favorites. The pool is great for families, but the timing of your visit will probably find this part of FLorida a a bit windy and chilly for actually enjoying a lot of time at the pool.

As noted you can only get points for 3 rooms, so if others in your group have Marriott cards, go ahead and add them into the reservations at arrival so the extra points opportunities don't go to waste!

If the MR cardholder has set their account up correctly, and asked for emails etc. on line, they will get an email a few days prior to arrival to verify their room type, special requests etc. and have ability to order special ammenities. Here is where I'd mention the number of rooms and request an upgrade on one room. Marriott calls it the "Virtual Concierge". It usually send a a email rom the property specific you can then reply to to email a real person to sort out final details.

Do note that as a resort hotel, it's difficult to get early check in (heck I've had problems getting a room before 6 pm some times, even as a Platinum) as many guests stay later on departure, so be ready for this. But on another note, hotels can often be near empty around holidays so may not be issue, and may help chances for upgraded rooms.

This property does not have a concierge lounge/floor so don't expect lounge access or free breakfasts.

Not sure of you know the area, but definitely find your way to Las Olas Blvd for shopping and nice restaurants. the art museum near there is nice too.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 4:27 pm

Thanks, that's all great advice!
Old Dec 19, 2010, 4:43 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
If your father-in-law is a US resident and plans on staying at future Marriott properties, he should sign up for the Marriott Premier Visa. That will get him 5 points for every dollar spent at a Marriott, a free room certificate each year (category 1-4, and 1-5 on future years), and 15 nights elite credit each year (good towards silver and reduces amount needed for gold and platinum).
Old Dec 20, 2010, 8:50 am

dude
here is what you need to do. create marriott profiles from your daddy profile for all the other people and refer them. Have each guest alternate stay every day.
Register for the buy 2 get 1 free room promo.

In the end you will get 8 certificates(nights) for free, 18 000 marriott points,.
Also don't forget to buy the 10% marriott discounted gift cards for additional savings. Also shop around for brg and reduce the price even further. A friend of mine followed that advice, and now sits on 10 free vouchers. ; )
Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:03 pm

Platinum upgrades at Harbor Beach Ft. Lauderdale?

My wife and I, along with our daughter and 3 of her college roommates, will be staying there March 13-18 (Sun-Fri) next week. We are using points for two rooms. My wife and I stayed here several years ago and really enjoyed it. We are platinum for the 2nd year in a row. What, if any, kind of upgrades can we expect? I don't believe there is a concierge lounge there. Do they offer any breakfast options? Thanks for any help here. I thought about calling the front desk before we arrive. Any advice there? For what it's worth, I am more concerned about my wife and I having an ocean front view room so we can enjoy the balcony than the girl's having one
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:11 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Unfortunately, no breakfast for Gold/Plats. If I remember correctly, the last time a stayed there (a couple of years ago), I received either an Ocean Front or View room. I think it had a balcony, but I may be getting it mixed up with the Hollywood Marriott which we stayed at as well.

Basically, you will get your Plat amenity and hopefully a room upgrade, but that is about all I have received there. But note, I do really like the hotel, its location, the beach there, the pool, etc. It is a great resort.

When you check in, it can't hurt to ask about any breakfast coupons or discounts and/or any other Plat benefits they might give you. The hotel could have a new policy or you could get a check-in person whose willing to give you a bit more. The worst they can say is sorry, we don't provide free breakfast or whatever to elites.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by hhoope01
Unfortunately, no breakfast for Gold/Plats. If I remember correctly, the last time a stayed there (a couple of years ago), I received either an Ocean Front or View room. I think it had a balcony, but I may be getting it mixed up with the Hollywood Marriott which we stayed at as well.

Basically, you will get your Plat amenity and hopefully a room upgrade, but that is about all I have received there. But note, I do really like the hotel, its location, the beach there, the pool, etc. It is a great resort.

When you check in, it can't hurt to ask about any breakfast coupons or discounts and/or any other Plat benefits they might give you. The hotel could have a new policy or you could get a check-in person whose willing to give you a bit more. The worst they can say is sorry, we don't provide free breakfast or whatever to elites.
I was there last week. Got upgraded to an ocean view suite (with a nice balcony). No free breakfast (because it's a resort). Great property though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.