Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Can I make a reservation without paying up front?

Old Feb 27, 2024, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Hi guys,

trying to book a trip under my Marriott account, is it possible for me to reserve the rooms selected without paying up front, and settle the bill at the hotel? I went online and did a few different options clicking but they all require payment prior to reserving, can this be done?
Old Feb 27, 2024, 11:00 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Mr Market
Hi guys,

trying to book a trip under my Marriott account, is it possible for me to reserve the rooms selected without paying up front, and settle the bill at the hotel? I went online and did a few different options clicking but they all require payment prior to reserving, can this be done?
You need to give more details like what property and rough idea of dates and what type of rate you're picking. Typically hotel rates do not require advance payment or deposit. Rates that do are usually offering a discount in exchange, and may or may not also be nonrefundable.

Some properties that are in high demand, or have specific peak periods, may require deposits or full prepayment and may make rates nonrefundable due to those circumstances but it's not the norm.

You do still have to provide a credit card with bookings though.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 6:50 am

Programs: AC SE 100K MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
You need to give more details like what property and rough idea of dates and what type of rate you're picking. Typically hotel rates do not require advance payment or deposit. Rates that do are usually offering a discount in exchange, and may or may not also be nonrefundable.

Some properties that are in high demand, or have specific peak periods, may require deposits or full prepayment and may make rates nonrefundable due to those circumstances but it's not the norm.

You do still have to provide a credit card with bookings though.
Had a situation this week where I booked a stay on the App at the Excalibur in Las Vegas for Apr 15 - 17...3 days prior cancellation, not pre-paid and sure enough the property dinged my Credit Card for part of the total stay cost (approx. 50%)...not sure I've ever had that happen before or how I should go about having them reverse it.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by billdokes
Had a situation this week where I booked a stay on the App at the Excalibur in Las Vegas for Apr 15 - 17...3 days prior cancellation, not pre-paid and sure enough the property dinged my Credit Card for part of the total stay cost (approx. 50%)...not sure I've ever had that happen before or how I should go about having them reverse it.
All MGM collection properties require a one night refundable deposit. Always check Rate Details when booking.
wrldwide1 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 7:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
What property?

In some markets, deposits and fully prepaid rates are common. But throughout much of the regular Marriott system, you don't pay until you are at the hotel. There's always a cancellation policy but if you show up for the stay as scheduled they'll put a hold on your card at the start of the stay (usually room rate plus a bit for incidentals) and then charge you upon completion of the stay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.