Ritz Carlton in Marriot Rewards

Old Aug 11, 1998, 2:26 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Ritz Carlton in Marriot Rewards

Can someone tell me which Rirtz Carltons can you earn Marriot Rewards at and which ones can you redeem awards for ? Why aren't they all in the programme ?
Old Aug 11, 1998, 3:26 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
1.Marriott Rewards hotel partners include: Kaanapali Alii, participating Concorde hotels, MGM Grand Hotel, participating Ritz-Carlton hotels, Hotel New Otani Tokyo, Hotel New Otani Makuhari, Hotel New Otani Hakata and Marriott Executive Residences.

2.A member may not earn Marriott Rewards points at Kaanapali Alii, Concorde hotels, or at the MGM Grand Hotel.

3.Members will earn 10 points per dollar at participating Ritz-Carlton locations including: The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta, Georgia; The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead, Georgia; The Ritz-Carlton, Kansas City, Missouri; The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua, Hawaii; The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey, California; The Ritz-Carlton, Naples, Florida; The Ritz-Carlton Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands.

4.For Hotel New Otani Tokyo, Hotel New Otani Makuhari and Hotel New Otani Hakata stays, a member is eligible to receive 1,000 points per paid room night.

WHY THOSE ? WHY OTHERS NOT?
Old Aug 11, 1998, 1:19 pm
Commander Catcop

Rudi... I have written Marriott asking them
why they only have some Ritz Carlton's for
points some not... I'm wondering if Ritz
is a full or half partner with Marriott.

They now have the Renaissance hotels under
the Marriott banner. I doubt they'll add
Ritz or buy Ritz outright.

Ritz should start their own frequent guest
program. I know of at least five friends
who would sign up, even with membership fee.

But on a positive note... I like the MGM Grand award for Marriott, one of best hotels
in Vegas. Just wish I could earn points
too! (there are ways and I think Randy explained them before.) CATMAN
Old Aug 12, 1998, 12:38 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
somewhen last year, one of the Marriott-Holdings (if I am correct one of those where the original Marriott family holds only a minority stake) did buy a (majority?) stake in Ritz - and then they (Marriott) started to include some of the Ritz in their Reward program. Some is still better then none. More/All would be the best (for us).

I guess which ones depends on if they own or just run/license (?).
Old Aug 12, 1998, 8:49 am
pgupta011

You can earn 500 AA miles for participating stays at MGM grand.

Old Aug 24, 1998, 3:23 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks guys for all the replies. Not hugely helpful for me in Asia though that not of the Ritz carltons in the region are part of Marriot Rewards.
Old Aug 24, 1998, 3:25 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks guys for all the replies. Not hugely helpful for me in Asia though that not of the Ritz carltons in the region are part of Marriot Rewards.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 11:11 pm

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
I don't recall earning points at the Ritz Carlton. When did this end?
Old Sep 19, 2008, 7:34 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
I didn't even know it had ever been possible. I would guess though that the change would have been close to when this thread was started. I don't remember ever receiving points for any RC stays and I think it was around the 2000 timeframe was when I first stayed a few of them. So it probably changed before then.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
I remember earning points at RCs when I first started my job and that was in '95 - I don't remember when it stopped but I wish it wouldn't have. It stopped my stays at RCs
Old Sep 19, 2008, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis First
are we sure this response is accurate??

I've stayed at the RC in Maui (kapalua) twice and the RC in Dearborn and the RC in Montreal.

Although those stays have spanned over probably 4 years >> i've never been given the option to earn points.

I was always under the impression that "you can redeem MR points at the RC properties, but not earn MR points"

i'm very intrigued at this response. i'll stay tuned, because if it's true - i'd like to know when that started.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
folks this is a really old thread (over 10 years now)...yes there was a time when RZ was testing offering points at a few hotels, the decision was made for the brand NOT to join MR and ever since that time NO RZ hotels have offered points (there are many threads on this topic)
Old Sep 19, 2008, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by socrates
folks this is a really old thread (over 10 years now)...yes there was a time when RZ was testing offering points at a few hotels, the decision was made for the brand NOT to join MR and ever since that time NO RZ hotels have offered points (there are many threads on this topic)
But why?

I've never seen a satisfactory answer as to certain high-end chains do not want to participate in reward programs. Yea, I know it is sort of an image thing, and folks want to show off there; but you are losing customers.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 7:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
They probably decided that Ritz Carlton does not need a rewards program to attract enough business. These programs cost money, and the Ritz Carlton's target market is higher than the typical Marriott property.

Also, they want to make a distinction between the Ritz Carlton and the other Marriott properties.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
What about MGM? Or any other hotel in Vegas?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.