Rewards Questions

Old Jun 9, 12, 11:54 am
dfe
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM; *A Gold Life; CX Gold; Marriott Platinum LT; SPG Plat; HHonors Diamond
Rewards Questions

The Pattaya Marriott has a promotion for "pay 2 nights get the third free". Question is -- does the third night count as paid night for lifetime nights or is it considered a reward night? No info about this in the T&C of teh promotion.

Second question is that T&C of the deal states that you can get only one free night per stay, but if I make two seperate reservations back to back and check out after the first three days at noon and check back in at 3:00 PM same day on the second reservation does it count as two seperate stays for the 2/3 deal or will they consider it one continious stay and simply say that I am gaming the system?

MR help desk is closed until Monday and I would like to book ASAP.
Old Jun 9, 12, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
your back-to-back stays has a flaw:

Additional Information
But 2 nights consecutive at Deluxe Premier Garden View Room,
get the 3rd night free
- Maximum 1 free night per stay only.

BTW, if you just buy the ADV rate for 3-nights (or 6-nights), then ALL nights count w/o any problem, its just about the same as this 2 for 3 promo.........

Originally Posted by dfe View Post
The Pattaya Marriott has a promotion for "pay 2 nights get the third free". Question is -- does the third night count as paid night for lifetime nights or is it considered a reward night? No info about this in the T&C of teh promotion.

Second question is that T&C of the deal states that you can get only one free night per stay, but if I make two seperate reservations back to back and check out after the first three days at noon and check back in at 3:00 PM same day on the second reservation does it count as two seperate stays for the 2/3 deal or will they consider it one continious stay and simply say that I am gaming the system?

MR help desk is closed until Monday and I would like to book ASAP.

Last edited by BKKLEE; Jun 9, 12 at 12:56 pm
Old Jun 9, 12, 2:22 pm
dfe
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM; *A Gold Life; CX Gold; Marriott Platinum LT; SPG Plat; HHonors Diamond
But what is the flaw? Two seperate reservations--two different stays. I make reservation #1 today and reservation #2 tomorrow. I would check out on stay #1 at 11:00 AM and pay up. Then check back in at 3:00 PM (same day) for stay #2. There would be two seperate reservation numbers, two seperate folios. What is different about this than if I check out on stay #1 and walked up to the Hilton for a night and them came back to the Marriott the next day on stay #2.

Is there a minimum time requirement between what constitues different stays?

This is probably a trick bag and I don't want mess things up, but it seems to me that my logic is reasonably sound.

I suppose it is probably just better to reserve at the lowest regular rate (no adv. purchase available today--lowest rate is at 4300 THB) to be safe, but the difference is actually about 830 THB per night. I any event I am curious about the logic and the MR process.
Old Jun 9, 12, 2:31 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SouthWest A-List; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Discoverist
Is there a minimum time requirement between what constitues different stays?
Yes, one night.

A "stay" is defined as one or more contiguous nights regardless of check in or out activity. So to have a "different" stay, you would need to move to a different hotel for at least one night.
Old Jun 9, 12, 2:31 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, Hyatt , HH Gold, UA Silver, WN A-List Preferred, Avis 1st
Marriott considers a single to stay to be a continuous set of nights at the same hotel. No matter how many nights on how many different reservations. This is true for Plat welcome gifts and other hotel offerings.

However, if you were to check out and your friend, girlfriend, boyfriend, wife, husband, cousin, random stranger were to check in then it would not be a continuous set of nights.
Old Jun 9, 12, 2:43 pm
dfe
In memoriam
Original Poster

OK. Thanks everyone. I did not clearly understand the fine points of what is considered a stay with the required time interval between check-in, check-out and the second check-in.

Mod I think that we can flush this one.
Old Jun 9, 12, 6:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
use code ADV and rate is THB3400

I suppose it is probably just better to reserve at the lowest regular rate (no adv. purchase available today--lowest rate is at 4300 THB) to be safe, but the difference is actually about 830 THB per night. I any event I am curious about the logic and the MR process.
Old Jun 10, 12, 1:13 am

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
OK. Thanks everyone. I did not clearly understand the fine points of what is considered a stay with the required time interval between check-in, check-out and the second check-in.

Mod I think that we can flush this one.
You either need to stay at a different hotel...or on night #1 your name on the account with your rewards number, then night #2 your spouse gets credit for their stay, then on night #3 its your stay on your rewards number.

Another alternative...you set up two different rewards accounts so night #1 and #3 are booked using reward account #1 and nights 2 is using reward account #2.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: