Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

"Well the welcome amenity is *free* after all"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Well the welcome amenity is *free* after all"

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 11:59 am
Used to be HSDebateCoach

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat, MR Plat Premier, Hertz Presidents Circle
I can definitely believe the OP claims but I would love the name of the hotel. I have had room service bring me the wrong meal. I have had to call hours after things were supposed to be delivered. And it sounds like it was a rainy night which would slow things down. And sure all of this could happen in one night.

Name the hotel!
Old May 29, 2012, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by DillMan
His parting shot to me was - "Please understand sir that paying orders have to take precedent when we are busy and customers that are receiving free gifts or that change their order can't be our priority."

Really? You mean like the $50 overpriced steak I tried to buy? Or the $400/night average room rate I've paid over the dozens and dozens of times I've stayed at this property?

I really wonder why Marriott can't seem to understand that giving perks is only a good thing if they don't blow up in the guest's face. I'd honestly be a happier guest if the welcome points / amenity weren't promised rather than the current situation of front desk confusion, snide remarks, and points that never post. Marriott's attempt to thank us for our loyalty angers me at Marriott way more than it makes me grateful.
DillMan,

I can assure you Marriott does understand the value of your loyalty (which is why you are a plat premier)...I would encourage you to take the time to speak with customer service to relate your experience - there appears to be additional training needed.......1/2 of me wants to say thanks "I now have another story of a perfect example of what not to do"....the other half says "gosh - this isn't rock science folks...it's hospitality 101!"
Old May 29, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UAL Lifetime Gold
Dillman .. You must be having a good rest, traveling is hard. When you check back in it would be nice to share the Hotel in question.
Old May 29, 2012, 9:18 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by 4getofn
Dillman .. You must be having a good rest, traveling is hard. When you check back in it would be nice to share the Hotel in question.
Ha . . . I'm just hoping the poor fellow didn't starve. He sounds like he was pretty close to death. I hope he made it okay. Praying.

All sarcasm aside, I too call BS until the property is named.
Old May 30, 2012, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Folks,

I just feel the need to go on record here, the OP has been a long time member of FT and very active in the Marriott threads over the years.....I can't recall a time where I personally didn't respect and appreciate his/her posts....while many would appreciate to know the specific hotel involved the OP must have a reason for not posting it and only the OP knows it and we should trust his/her judgement if for no other reason than their history here on FT
Old May 30, 2012, 6:06 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Soc, WADR that is a double standard IMO. The OP should set an example for others, or not have posted. JMHO
Old May 30, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by socrates
Folks,
OP must have a reason for not posting it and only the OP knows it and we should trust his/her judgement if for no other reason than their history here on FT
It would be very easy for the OP to either post the name of the property or his reason for not doing such. Absent either one, the usual reason for not posting is to attempt to coerce the property into whatever compensation is wanted under implied threat of posting the name. Usually, this is the domain of newbies and, in my opinion, contrary to the spirit of FT. Here, we don't know because the OP hasn't come back to further elucidate us.
Old May 30, 2012, 9:28 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
May be the OP is hacked off at some of the negativity displayed to him in the thread?

I've had some sh*t happen to me in some Marriot properties, but nothing to the scale of the OP problems, and never all at the same time. But I can't imagine what would motivate someone to go to the trouble to write all this unless it was true. What would be the point?
Old May 30, 2012, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by mickeypops
But I can't imagine what would motivate someone to go to the trouble to write all this unless it was true. What would be the point?
I had the same thought. Sounds like the proverbial comedy of errors (except they weren't funny) & lousy customer service. I'm not sure why the OP omitted naming the property, but by doing so the focus became on him vs. the property itself, which is unfortunate. Hopefully he'll pop back at some point & give us the name, so the rest of us can avoid it.

Cheers.
Old May 30, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by mickeypops
But I can't imagine what would motivate someone to go to the trouble to write all this unless it was true. What would be the point?
See the post immediately above yours.
Old May 30, 2012, 12:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
In this experience you have two things on your side;
1 - Don't FS Marriott's all offer free food if they don't deliver it in under 45 minutes?
2 - Lack of welcome amenity for platinum guest = $100 (perhaps not exactly according to the T&Cs but I'm reasonably sure they would look on the request favourably in light of your commitment to Marriott and as I'd personally be very unhappy with it being delivered, by the sounds of it 4 hours late, and having to put in a bit of a fight to get it)

I'd be reminding the hotel of their obligations through a polite letter and request for perhaps $150, and with that you can just enjoy a pleasant meal elsewhere at their expense
Old May 31, 2012, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by littlevoices
In this experience you have two things on your side;
1 - Don't FS Marriott's all offer free food if they don't deliver it in under 45 minutes?
2 - Lack of welcome amenity for platinum guest = $100 (perhaps not exactly according to the T&Cs but I'm reasonably sure they would look on the request favourably in light of your commitment to Marriott and as I'd personally be very unhappy with it being delivered, by the sounds of it 4 hours late, and having to put in a bit of a fight to get it)

I'd be reminding the hotel of their obligations through a polite letter and request for perhaps $150, and with that you can just enjoy a pleasant meal elsewhere at their expense
1) no, while there are standards for delivery times there is no such guarantee (where ever you encountered it must have had a local policy about this - yes I did review the SOP manual to confirm this as I thought I might have missed a recent announcement)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.