Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

New to Marriott-Points posted incorrectly , what to do?

Old May 19, 2012, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold

Just stayed at JW Marriott in Ankara Turkey.

paid $830 USD after conversion and only received 5,900 points. I believe I should have received 8,300 points.

My question what is best way to get corrected? Can I e-mail?? How long to fix??

Thanks
Old May 19, 2012, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
taxes and services charges do not earn points, but still there's a 30% difference so it must be more then that................. scan/FAX your invoice and send it to MR and ask them to review it for proper posting of points............they generally take 2-days to review it, and if needed, post corrected points

Originally Posted by san888

paid $830 USD after conversion and only received 5,900 points. I believe I should have received 8,300 points.

Thanks
Old May 20, 2012, 4:52 am

Yes, you can e-mail. Scan the portfolio/invoice, make sure your Marriott Rewards number is on it or in your cover e-mail, attach the scan and send to:

<[email protected]> (Address was posted here on FlyerTalk by Marriott Concierge a year or two back.)

Usually takes a couple days before the correction appears on your on-line account activity.
Old May 20, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
I would say that this is (unfortunately) normal. Marriott works with a much worse exchange rate than market value, so don't expect to receive points equivalent to the USD value on your credit card.

Case in point: I paid 59.50 GBP for a hotel recently. This is roughly 94 dollars but I got 806 base points, not the 940 you'd expect if you convert dollars yourself or look at your CC statement. Not quite as bad as the example you posted... but then again, your CC charge might include a 3% foreign currency charge.
Old May 20, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star

Thanks
A high percentage of my international bills are incorrectly credited with points. I've used two methods in the past.
Fastest, easiest IF the reservations agent doesn't have you fax/mail the receipt to them is to simply call reservations.
If you get 'Heismanned' on your phone call, you need to log in to you Marriott account. Go to My Account, then Account Activity. On this page, you'll find a Missing Stay Request link. Print out the form and mail or fax it. I've always gotten credit after faxing the form.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=Heismanned

How long does it take? Anywere from instantly to a week or so.
Old May 22, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I had an agent give me her email address on May 3 to correct a missing stay with points. After no response, I sent a fax with the form and documentation on May 7.

This morning I sent an email with a pdf to the address given above and hope to finally get a resolution.

Edited to say that much like the OP the stay in question was last month at the Istanbul Courtyard.

Last edited by Xeno; May 22, 2012 at 8:36 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.