Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Fargo, ND

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Fargo, ND

I've got an upcoming trip to Fargo, ND. I didn't find anything on a search, so very simply, the Fairfield or the Courtyard? My client is right next to the airport, which is a bit nearer to the Fairfield but the CY is not too far. Any thoughts on either hotel?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, DM Silver, RR, AA, US, BA
I haven't stayed at either property. I would look at the reviews on TripAdvisor or Hotels.com

Last edited by tbaumann3; Apr 28, 2012 at 1:19 pm Reason: spelling
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:18 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
I've got an upcoming trip to Fargo, ND. I didn't find anything on a search, so very simply, the Fairfield or the Courtyard? My client is right next to the airport, which is a bit nearer to the Fairfield but the CY is not too far. Any thoughts on either hotel?

Neither are anything to brag about. Much more to do shop/eat/gamble around the Fairfield.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
Originally Posted by MSPDeltaDude
Neither are anything to brag about. Much more to do shop/eat/gamble around the Fairfield.
^+1
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Do you get a cont'l brekkie at FI? You won't get one at CY.

Cheers.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: MR Plat, HH Gold
If you are OK with staying at a non-Marriott property, the Homewood Suites across the street from the airport is very nice. A couple of years old...the rooms are in great condition and the complementary breakfast and dinner offerings are very decent. Plus Buffalo Wild Wings, Subway and an Applebees are about 100 yards away.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Residence Inn Fargo has just announced a targeted promo of 2500 points per stay through August 15, 2013.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Any recent Fargo, ND experiences? I stayed at the Delta in 2013 when it was the Ramada Plaza and recalled it being ok.,
Old Jul 14, 2019, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity
Any recent Fargo, ND experiences? I stayed at the Delta in 2013 when it was the Ramada Plaza and recalled it being ok.,
Paid Friday and Saturday night stay (yesterday), Platinum; two separate reservations. Received the room that I booked, standard king. I did not look to see if there were other room types (besides the obvious 2 queens) were available.

Seems to be a newly renovated property. Welcoming spacious lobby. Clean, comfortable renovated room, but I knew it is an older property because of the low ceiling height in the shower/tub. The property was jammed with people and there were two older elevators - long waits.

Not sure if the front desk agent was new or if they were not proactive with offering the Platinum benefits. For the first night, and only with my prompting, offered 1000 points or a $10 F&B credit. I asked her about breakfast and she told me that it was the $10 F&B credit. I took the points because that I was not sure of the benefits at Delta. I looked later in the evening, and approached the front desk again, and requested my breakfast (since there was no lounge and no 'Pantry'). Different front desk agent now. She reviewed my record and gave me a cert for the Starbucks kiosk for a drink item and a food item.

Checked back in again the next morning. 1000 points was proactive. I asked 'what about breakfast?'. (Different front desk agents from the day before.) She glanced at her partner (who appeared to be a manager) and he nodded. I just had the impression that if I wasn't asking, the property wasn't offering.

Fargo is not a big place. Hotel is about 15 minutes from the airport and the historic downtown area. The great thing about Fargo is it appears that the roads were laid out before development occurred. It is very easy to get around!

The front desk agent did say that a concierge lounge will be opening in about 30 days.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The CY is actually across the border/river in MN, not ND. Also, there had been some bad road construction around a main bridge, but it might be finished by now. Earlier this year, the north-south interstate was closed for a couple weeks due to flooding.

From legacy Starwood, west of town along the interstate, there are both element and 4Pts. Both are nice, but the 4Pts is newer. It's on the south side of the interstate, next to a hospital while the element is slightly farther west and couple blocks north of the interstate. As SPG Plat50, I had suite upgrades in both properties.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Well my stay at the Delta Fargo last week and it was disappointing. The lobby and check-in area had been remodeled since it was the Ramada Plaza and the front desk staff were fine. Housekeeping though, was atrocious.

There were no (at least on my floor) Do Not Disturb signs available so I and several neighbors were woken up by pounding on the door at 8 AM on a Saturday. I left a note the first day asking for more regular coffee (along with a $5 tip) and got more coffee packs but they didn't restock the cups, creams, or sugars. They also did not leave any washcloths. Mentioned it to the front desk the next morning. This time no re-stock again and the shower was left dirty.

Will probably try the Fairfield next time. If that's not good I may have no choice but to go back to Hilton for Fargo, as the Home2 and HGI have always been fine.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 7:07 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Stayed here on my cross-country drive from DC to Portland. I have been to some of the other Marriott options in Fargo, so figured I'd check it out, wish I hadn't. Renovated lobby is definitely a nice feel, that of a FS even. Bar and restaurant were open (during COVID). Was assigned a room on the 4th floor. The room was renovated (kind of). New paint, furniture, bathroom fixtures, but it still had a very old, and Ramada feeling whirlpool tub in it. Housekeeping was bad as well. Found several noticeable hairs in the bathroom. The worst though was the microwave. I went to heat up water for tea the next morning and the microwave was like a tomato had exploded inside. In addition, the hallways still have an odd smell, are dark, and just feels like a 70's hotel still. I'd definitely go with any of the other options in Fargo, including the brand new 4P.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.