Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer Bonus 2012 Promotion Offer

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2012, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I like the fact that the certs a good for 1 year after they are issued. Usually when I changed promo they won't award the certs until the promo finished - whereas I'm assigned to the promo I get my cert after my 2nd stay. 4

So now I've to wait for my certs to be credited into my MR account after the promo is finished and I have already finished 6 stays.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.6 MM, AA EXP, SPG Gold, MARR Plat (Premier) Lifetime, Hertz Pres Circle
Plat Premier...received the 40K bonus offer...
Old Apr 24, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Plat, got same offer as OP.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 5:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
I'm a Plat Premier, and I have received the 40K bonus offer.

I have previously had 50K for the summer promotions in recent years.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Don't have a new promotion posted yet.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Silver status...I got the 3 nights/ 6 stays. It's perfect for me since I have 6 stays scheduled this summer already. I'm going to call in for a platinum challenge as well since it will be 18 nights.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 6:29 pm

Programs: Marriot Platinum, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by kellyl
hmmm, my offer is completely different, up to 15,000 points based on how many brands I stay with - nothing to do with number of nights:

Register by June 30, 2012
Stay at two brands in the Marriott® portfolio between June 1 and August 31, 2012 - Earn 2,500 bonus points.
Stay at three brands, and earn another 2,500 points, plus an additional 10,000 points when you stay at four brands (up to 15,000 points)
I received this promotion as well, and I am baffled. I don't consider this to be particularly valuable. I've only ever stayed at FS before; I wonder why they would offer this to me, aside from randomly rolling the dice and giving this to me. Encouraging me to stay at FI, RI, etc. does not make sense...

Will be calling to either change to 6 stays -> 3 free certs, or maybe the 40k points if I can project that many nights for that time. Won't be registering for the megabonus until at least June 1!
Old Apr 24, 2012, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Stay 6 Get 3 nights sure beats SPG's offer! ^

This is even better!

An earned free night award can be redeemed for a future stay at participating Marriott Rewards category 1-4 properties for one (1) free night. Free night award will expire one (1) year after the date of issuance.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Apr 25, 2012 at 2:30 am
Old Apr 24, 2012, 7:12 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat,SW, Hertz #1 Gold, Amtrak SP, jetBlue, et al
i got this one

Earn up to three free nights with Marriott Rewards® Summer Bonus when you stay at any participating Marriott® hotel worldwide. With the world’s most distinctive array of hotel brands, you’re always on the road to something amazing.

See Details
To earn your free nights:
Stay twice at any participating hotel between June 1 and August 31, 2012
Earn one free night after every second paid stay, up to three free nights

Enjoy your free nights at any of 2,900+ category 1-4 hotels.

which makes me happier than the stay 15 get whatever....not gonna happen...at least this one i might be able to use..
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by megtravels
i got this one

Earn up to three free nights with Marriott Rewards® Summer Bonus when you stay at any participating Marriott® hotel worldwide. With the world’s most distinctive array of hotel brands, you’re always on the road to something amazing.

See Details
To earn your free nights:
Stay twice at any participating hotel between June 1 and August 31, 2012
Earn one free night after every second paid stay, up to three free nights

Enjoy your free nights at any of 2,900+ category 1-4 hotels.

which makes me happier than the stay 15 get whatever....not gonna happen...at least this one i might be able to use..

Yup, you got the 3 for 6 - 3 free nights after 6 stays.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Cool Wish they would go beyond Cat 4 Hotels

I wish marriott would get beyond limiting us to their Category 1 to 4 hotels but I dont guess we will ever see this. This is an ok promo if you can find a Category 4 hotel like the Battle house in Mobile Al to fit your needs as the certificates are good for a year. The problem is that there are not many of them around and everything I want is category 6 and up. 15K in points isn't much of a help either as thats Category 4 on points saver. This platinum member got the stay 6 get 3 nights offer.

Last edited by SimpleManToo; Apr 24, 2012 at 9:02 pm Reason: wording
Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by alc
I took the URL of T&C of my targetted 40K in 25 Nights promo and change the letter toward to end of the URL from A to Z and it look like I found all the T&C for 4 different Promo

Here are the T&C for all 4 of them for those who want to know the detail:

Max 3 Free Nights with 6 Stays

Max 40K with 25 Nights

Max 15K with 4 Different Brands

Max 15K with 3 Weekend Stays
Looks like the max 15K with 4 different brands is the best offer. Doesn't it means 4 nights for 15K? And for the 4 nights, I will need to hop through 4 different hotels brands. Near my client, there are Marriott, RI, CY and FFI right next to each other.

Last edited by rickyriver; Apr 25, 2012 at 9:18 am
Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
I wish marriott would get beyond limiting us to their Category 1 to 4 hotels but I dont guess we will ever see this. This is an ok promo if you can find a Category 4 hotel like the Battle house in Mobile Al to fit your needs as the certificates are good for a year. The problem is that there are not many of them around and everything I want is category 6 and up. 15K in points isn't much of a help either as thats Category 4 on points saver. This platinum member got the stay 6 get 3 nights offer.
or allow us to combine certs with points, e.g. 1 cat4 cert with 10K points for a cat6 hotel.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by rickyriver
or allow us to combine certs with points, e.g. 1 cat4 cert with 10K points for a cat6 hotel.
+1
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got 2 also - 3 Category 4 nights after 6 stays and 5,000 SHS points after 2 stays.

The night awards sort of force point horders to use the nights up.

Since for lifetime status, you need to reach a point total, I will probably ask them to switch me to the point based promo even though this one is equivalent to 60,000 points if spent at category 4 properties.

Is "Awards are not transferable and may not be given as a gift." normal? That is not good - I can get free nights for others using points but not these nights?

My stays are usually Mon-Fri stays at SHS. So I guess they want me to stay with them for 6 weeks, 24 nights.

Have never been offered a stay based promotion. To me, this encourages hotel hopping and is not good for the environment.

Does anyone know if switching promos has to be done before the registration deadline? Or, as long as you do it before the promo deadline, it is fine?

How do they do the switching if the nights are awareded every 2 nights? Do they just pull them at the end of the promotion and give you the points intead?

Last edited by username; Apr 24, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.