Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer Bonus 2012 Promotion Offer

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2012, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by whirls
Darn! The megamiles bonus starts from 1st July! I've got 18 nights in June starting tomorrow!!!

I've only got the 3 free nights cert as an alternative. I was really hoping to get loads of mile with this trip. Oh well. Is there a mega bonus for points I could ask to switch to?

whirls
Make sure you do a plat challenge if you aren't already.
Old May 31, 2012, 2:26 pm

Make sure you do a plat challenge if you aren't already.
Oh yeah I've got that covered!! I'm two nights in and will easily get the challenge done in time with the upcoming stays I've got. I just got off the phone with a really friendly and helpful MR customer services lady who told me to switch to points to take advantage of the 50% extra platinum bonus and that I should pool the points for a while as they're worth more if you convert a lot of points to Avios later on, which I wasn't aware of. She said I didn't have any other options other than the 3 free nights cert though. Oh well, I should be able to stack up a good amount of points at least. Looking forward to sampling some of the Marriotts in Houston, New Mexico and Colorado!!

whirls
Old May 31, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by whirls
Darn! The megamiles bonus starts from 1st July! I've got 18 nights in June starting tomorrow!!!

I've only got the 3 free nights cert as an alternative. I was really hoping to get loads of mile with this trip. Oh well. Is there a mega bonus for points I could ask to switch to?

whirls
Hyatt has a miles promotion going right now.
500 miles for 1st stay
2000 miles for 2nd and 3rd stays
2500 miles for 4th stay and on
Old May 31, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum
So you don't get 50% bonus if you do miles?

Do you not get the 500 bonus points for platinum either?
Old May 31, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by mr_burdell

No, you don't get any kind of points if you do miles. So you stuck with amenities as platinum welcome gift.

But some experienced front desk associates would be willing to and know how to enter the bonus points for you. The bonus points must be entered in a way that not related to your stay, otherwise the points won't post to your account. There is nothing preventing them from entering the bonus points for you and it doesn't show any error afterward. But the bonus points will never go through and post to your account.

I am pretty sure this is more of a limitation in Marriott's software system than in their rules. 80% of the FDA didn't believe me when I told them I couldn't take points if I do miles. Their software doesn't allow both miles and points to be post for the same stay. There was once the bonus points went through, because that stay was on a free night certificate so there was no earned miles to post.
Old May 31, 2012, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mr_burdell

Just to expand on the above answer:

You don't earn any status-related bonus on miles. Ie, not only don't you earn a point bonus, you don't earn a status-related miles bonus either when earning miles.

Last edited by sdsearch; May 31, 2012 at 3:47 pm
Old May 31, 2012, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rickyriver
I am pretty sure this is more of a limitation in Marriott's software system than in their rules. 80% of the FDA didn't believe me when I told them I couldn't take points if I do miles. Their software doesn't allow both miles and points to be post for the same stay. There was once the bonus points went through, because that stay was on a free night certificate so there was no earned miles to post.
You can guess at attributing as you like, but for example, Priority Club has a mechanism which automatically converts points to miles (at a 1/4 or 1/5 ratio) if you try to earn some points bonuses while otherwise earning miles. But then it has other points promos which simply don't work when you earn miles. So in that case it's clearly rules, not software limitations.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jun 8, 2012 at 2:03 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by spmcmahon
According to the promotions T&Cs: A “stay” is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel.

This implies that one would need to pay for, at minimum, 4 nights in order to get 1 free. Hopefully someone has some evidence to refute this....
I haven't seen any responses, but I noticed the same thing...do one night stays not qualify for the bonus?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by jcresq
I haven't seen any responses, but I noticed the same thing...do one night stays not qualify for the bonus?
A one night stay does show up counting 1 towards this promotion.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents, UA Plat, IHG Plat, MR Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ncfinfan
A one night stay does show up counting 1 towards this promotion.
Yep, I did the hotel A-B-A-switch-a-roo this week. Monday night's stay already showed up on my progress meter.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: DL, Amex MR
Does anyone know if I book a one night stay through Expedia the night will count towards the promotion?
Old Jun 10, 2012, 7:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
the night will NOT count towards the promo.............

see, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...tt-credit.html

Originally Posted by satz
Does anyone know if I book a one night stay through Expedia the night will count towards the promotion?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 5:32 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by satz
No. And why would you do that? If the Expedia rate is lower, submit an LNF claim and Marriott will give you the same rate minus another 25%!
Old Jun 12, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jcresq
I don't know about that - I have two single one night stays and neither are showing on my promo progress bar, but have posted to my account
Old Jun 12, 2012, 3:04 pm

Hi, mdaecher, when was your 2nd night? Has the night been posted as an elite night in your account? Do let us know whether it's counted=) I think it should be, maybe some seniors would like to confirm it? Thanks=)

Originally Posted by mdaecher
I don't know about that - I have two single one night stays and neither are showing on my promo progress bar, but have posted to my account

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.