Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer Bonus 2012 Promotion Offer

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2012, 7:47 pm

I'm new to Marriott - just jumped from SPG...a little confused about this promotion business. I logged on today to see the promotion and see that they're offering me a sad max 3 nights for stays based on June - August...that's nuts! I'm Platinum bc they status matched me, and I have bookings from now until the end of December...I hope I can get this switched
Old May 15, 2012, 8:31 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by etomatoes
...I hope I can get this switched
Send Marriott Concierge a PM. You should be taken care of.
Old May 15, 2012, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Hi, reading the T&C of the Summer Megabonus 2012 for '2stays 1 night free', it states that the free night cert will be credited 3 to 5 business days after 2nd stay. I saw some senior FT here telling that those certs will only be credited after the promo ends. Did the T&C of previous Megabonus include this T&C and is there anyone has any experience about this?
The last time I received this promo, the certs were credited at the same time as the reward points for the second stay, about 5 days after check-out. I expect that this will be the case this time as well -- I have already booked the stays on which I intend to use these certs -- but I suppose anything's possible.
Old May 16, 2012, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by jsloan
The last time I received this promo, the certs were credited at the same time as the reward points for the second stay, about 5 days after check-out. I expect that this will be the case this time as well -- I have already booked the stays on which I intend to use these certs -- but I suppose anything's possible.
Thanks for your information. You said that you booked the stays on which you intend to use the certs, so in this case, your reserve the room with your credit card or you reserve the 'marriott reward redemption' room? How to attach the certificate to the reservation when you get it? Can it be done online? Thanks.
Old May 16, 2012, 2:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
go online and just make the res choosing rewards points.............before it is final, the applicable cert choice will also show, so just choose the cert and confirm.........1-2-3, done...........

How to attach the certificate to the reservation when you get it? Can it be done online? Thanks.
Old May 16, 2012, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for your information. You said that you booked the stays on which you intend to use the certs, so in this case, your reserve the room with your credit card or you reserve the 'marriott reward redemption' room? How to attach the certificate to the reservation when you get it? Can it be done online? Thanks.
When booking, you have to make sure that your point balance is insufficient to cover the cost of the room. Then, book an award stay. The system will inform you that you do not have enough points to cover the room, and will tell you that you have until 7 days before arrival to earn/purchase the necessary points, but it will allow you to make the reservation.

Note: If you have enough points to pay for your room, this won't work; one solution is to book a future stay somewhere that drains your point balance. Make sure to check the cancellation policy! Then, once you've made the reservations that you intend to cover with the certs, you can cancel this extra stay and get your points back immediately.

When you earn the certs, contact customer service to get them applied to the stays you want. It may be possible to do this through the website, but I'm not sure; when I tried this last year, it defaulted to using my points, despite the fact that I had the certificates in inventory -- I emailed customer service and they were able to refund the points and use the certs as I had requested.
Old May 16, 2012, 1:48 pm

Thanks a lot for the information, jsloan.
Old May 16, 2012, 4:42 pm

Anyone have any idea if there will be a megamiles offer, and what it might be?

Thanks
Old May 16, 2012, 6:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Exclamation The Problem I see with this Promotion

The problem I see with this promotion is the number of Cat 4 hotels. Every hotel I have looked at that I want to visit is a cat 5 or higher. 3 nights is great but limiting us to Cat 4 or below means you cant stay at some of the more strategic located or upper scale Marriott Hotels.

This being the case, I am debating switching to points by calling Marriott and giving them 20 to 25 nights. It just concerns me that 40,000 points doesnt buy a lot at Marriott and that I have to wonder what Hilton is going to be offering in Q3.
Old May 16, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by sard
Anyone have any idea if there will be a megamiles offer, and what it might be?

Thanks
Anxious waiting for the miles offer too. Hyatt is offering 2500 miles per stay. Will Marriott top that?
Old May 17, 2012, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by rickyriver
Anxious waiting for the miles offer too. Hyatt is offering 2500 miles per stay. Will Marriott top that?
Do you mean this one:
XX12S - Bonus Airline (Most) Miles - up to 24500 miles / 11 stays - 5/1-8/31/12

Thanks

Last edited by sard; May 17, 2012 at 6:49 am
Old May 17, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by sard
Do you mean this one:
XX12S - Bonus Airline (Most) Miles - up to 24500 miles / 11 stays - 5/1-8/31/12

Thanks
Yep.
Old May 19, 2012, 2:22 pm
Used to be HSDebateCoach

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat, MR Plat Premier, Hertz Presidents Circle
I am going to call Marriott when I get out of this meeting but I am still sans a summer Megabonus offer (was discussing it over lunch and just went and scouted the site and emails).

Anyone else?
Old May 20, 2012, 11:12 am

Programs: MR Platinum, Hilton Gold, Delta Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by HSDebateCoach
I am going to call Marriott when I get out of this meeting but I am still sans a summer Megabonus offer (was discussing it over lunch and just went and scouted the site and emails).

Anyone else?
Same with me, no promotions yet. Looks like Hilton may be seeing more of my business this year.
Old May 20, 2012, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Everybody is eleigible for a summer bonus offer. If you don't see one, and you want one, just call.

Or if you don't want one, just complain online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.