FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   New targeted Marriott promotions (brand-specific) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1338899-new-targeted-marriott-promotions-brand-specific.html)

Voodoo Daddy Apr 19, 2012 1:59 pm

New targeted Marriott promotions (brand-specific)

Earn 5,000 Marriott Rewards® bonus points after you enjoy two stays at Fairfield Inn & Suites® between May 1 and July 31, 2012.

See Details
We're here to help you get the job done. Now we also make it very rewarding.

Earn 5,000 Marriott Rewards bonus points after you enjoy two stays at Fairfield Inn & Suites hotels between May 1 and July 31, 2012.

Here’s how it works:

REGISTER here or call 866-921-3957.
BOOK now for stays at any of our 680+ hotels between May 1st and July 31, 2012, at fairfieldinn.com or call 877-MARRIOTT.
EARN 5,000 Marriott Rewards bonus points after your second stay!

It’s that simple.

danpeake Apr 19, 2012 2:41 pm

Link?

TvlPeach Apr 19, 2012 2:55 pm

Hubby got same thing but it was for Springhill Suites and not Fairfield. It was in the Promotions Central section of his account.

hhoope01 Apr 19, 2012 2:59 pm

Interesting. I checked my promotions list and have a "Earn 7,500 Marriott Rewards® bonus points after you enjoy two stays at Fairfield Inn & Suites® between May 1 and July 31, 2012" offer.

No registration code, but there was a "register" button to click.

Voodoo Daddy Apr 19, 2012 3:27 pm

No link. As with all Marriott promos, it's either on your promo page or it isn't. Sounds like this one isn't global.

sdsearch Apr 19, 2012 3:48 pm

Those of you who got one of these promotions:

How much have you been staying overall in recent months?

Was the promotion for a brand you've been staying at, or a brand you haven't been staying at (lately, at least)?

I've been staying a lot, in Fairfield, Marriott Suites, and TownePlace. (I have 24 "Nights Stayed" posted this year, plus the stay I checked out this morning hasn't posted yet, plus 3 more stays next week already booked, plus a reward stay after that.)

I presume this shows up under "New Promotions", and there mine says:
NEW PROMOTIONS

No new promotions.
Am I correct in assuming that the people who've gotten this promo presumably have less recent activity than I do?

Voodoo Daddy Apr 19, 2012 5:27 pm

I have stayed 8 nights so far this year, of which 2 have been at Fairfields.

Nikolaos Apr 19, 2012 5:41 pm

Got the same promotion for 7500 points!! Only stays in FIs occasionally, with the last stay a year back!!

These promos are targeted (got a courtyard promo for 5K after 2 stays like 6 months back)!

Thanx for the heads up!! ;)

twa777 Apr 19, 2012 7:30 pm

I got a Courtyard weekend-stay promotion for Q2 -- get 2500 points for one stay, or 5000 points for two stays (over Friday and/or Saturday night) from May 1 through July 31, 2012.

I guess they noticed that I've been primarily staying at FS and Ren properties for most of the past year.

docr775 Apr 19, 2012 7:33 pm

I got the 5K for Springfield Suites. I stay at one once a month, so that should be an easy 5k.

kanerf Apr 20, 2012 5:31 am

Mine is 7500 after one stay of 5 nights or more at Towne Place Suites or Residence Inn. Problem for me is that 7500 points is close to what I would lose by staying at these 5 ppd properties. At Spring Hill Suites or Fairfield Inn that earn the normal 10 ppd, I would probably go for this. I did register for it.

You can maximize this by doing a Thurs-Sun stay which is often quite discounted, at least here in the NOVA area, and then adding a Weds or Mon at a normal rate. That I might do. Most of the TPS around here are kind of frumpy, but the Sterling Dulles North one is not too bad and it is nicely located to shopping and eating and just off RT 7. Might do this here.

BTW this tells me not to look for another big promotion until August. This is just a place holder to keep us interested.

caldrich Apr 20, 2012 7:30 am

I got 5 for 2 stays at Springhill Suites. Most of my stays are at Fairfield or Courtyard, and sometimes FS/Ren.

DCA13 Apr 20, 2012 7:38 am

Me Too

Just checked - 2 stays at SHS, 5,000 bonus points. This might actually be difficult for me, as all my upcoming travel is to SHS deserts. This is definitely targeted to whatever brand you rarely stay at - I don't know if I've ever stayed at a SHS...

Voodoo Daddy Apr 20, 2012 11:03 am

Originally Posted by kanerf (Post 18428259)
Mine is 7500 after one stay of 5 nights or more at Towne Place Suites or Residence Inn. Problem for me is that 7500 points is close to what I would lose by staying at these 5 ppd properties. At Spring Hill Suites or Fairfield Inn that earn the normal 10 ppd, I would probably go for this. I did register for it.

You can maximize this by doing a Thurs-Sun stay which is often quite discounted, at least here in the NOVA area, and then adding a Weds or Mon at a normal rate. That I might do. Most of the TPS around here are kind of frumpy, but the Sterling Dulles North one is not too bad and it is nicely located to shopping and eating and just off RT 7. Might do this here.

BTW this tells me not to look for another big promotion until August. This is just a place holder to keep us interested.

I disagree. I have gotten similar side promotions in the past while Megabonus ran as usual, so I would expect the same to occur in this case.

TvlPeach Apr 21, 2012 6:41 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 18425334)
Those of you who got one of these promotions:

How much have you been staying overall in recent months?

Was the promotion for a brand you've been staying at, or a brand you haven't been staying at (lately, at least)?

I've been staying a lot, in Fairfield, Marriott Suites, and TownePlace. (I have 24 "Nights Stayed" posted this year, plus the stay I checked out this morning hasn't posted yet, plus 3 more stays next week already booked, plus a reward stay after that.)

I presume this shows up under "New Promotions", and there mine says:
NEW PROMOTIONS

No new promotions.
Am I correct in assuming that the people who've gotten this promo presumably have less recent activity than I do?

Hubby is Plat but has only been staying 2-5 nights a month so far this year and all of his stays are at Springhill. His offer is for Springhill.