Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

New targeted Marriott promotions (brand-specific)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New targeted Marriott promotions (brand-specific)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 4:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat , HH Diamond , IHG Spire
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Those of you who got one of these promotions:

How much have you been staying overall in recent months?

Was the promotion for a brand you've been staying at, or a brand you haven't been staying at (lately, at least)?

I've been staying a lot, in Fairfield, Marriott Suites, and TownePlace. (I have 24 "Nights Stayed" posted this year, plus the stay I checked out this morning hasn't posted yet, plus 3 more stays next week already booked, plus a reward stay after that.)

I presume this shows up under "New Promotions", and there mine says:
[INDENT][COLOR="Blue"]NEW PROMOTIONS

Am I correct in assuming that the people who've gotten this promo presumably have less recent activity than I do?

I got the Springhill Suites promo, I have 27 nights at Courtyards this year, havent stayed at a springhill in over a year]

Last edited by nycboyz; May 2, 2012 at 4:31 pm Reason: mistake
Old May 3, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, National Exec
I still haven't received a new promotion... I am currently in the middle of a Plat challenge, could that be why?
Old May 4, 2012, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jonas36
I still haven't received a new promotion... I am currently in the middle of a Plat challenge, could that be why?
In terms of the brand-specific promos? Not at all necessarily; a lot of us who are elites have not gotten anything.

In terms of the general (not brand-specific) June 1 onwards MegaBonus aka "Summer Bonus"? You should be seeing that if you have Gold or (provisional) Plat status already if you go to your Promotion Central while your earning preference is set to points (not miles).

(Marriott.com only shows you points promos while your earning preference is set to points, and only shows you miles promos while your earning preference is set to miles.)

Last edited by sdsearch; May 8, 2012 at 2:00 pm Reason: spelling
Old May 4, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Nope, no Mega Bonus.... I am set to earn points but all I see is:

Your earning preference is:
NEW PROMOTIONS
No new promotions.

My recent promotions still show Marriott Rewards MegaBonus 2012 and how I did, but I've got no new offer.

Edit: just realized I posted this in the wrong thread... Sorry.
Old May 4, 2012, 12:25 pm

My DH got the Fairfield Inn 7,500 point promo. He just signed up for Marriott Rewards a couple months ago.

Maggie
Old May 15, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
Why don't I EVER get a targeted promotion????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.