Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can I combine 5th night free and Category 1-4 free night cert on 5 night stay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2012, 1:16 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass

Hi all-

Relatively new to MR and cannot seem to find an answer in my search.

I have a free cat 1-4 certificate from the MR Chase Visa, and a 5 night stay coming up. Can I book the stay as a 5 night reward stay and effectively use 60K points (3 reward nights), the free night cat 1-4 cert, and the 5th night free?

I can't seem to figure out how the cert is treated. If it cannot be combined with the 5th night free promo, I'll save it for later - otherwise it would basically be throwing it away.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
Hi all-

Relatively new to MR and cannot seem to find an answer in my search.

I have a free cat 1-4 certificate from the MR Chase Visa, and a 5 night stay coming up. Can I book the stay as a 5 night reward stay and effectively use 60K points (3 reward nights), the free night cat 1-4 cert, and the 5th night free?

I can't seem to figure out how the cert is treated. If it cannot be combined with the 5th night free promo, I'll save it for later - otherwise it would basically be throwing it away.
My experience with the fifth night free is I book a 5 night award and am only charged 4 nights worth of points. Unless there's a more creative way to do it I think the answer is no.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 2:14 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Unfortunately, you can't use an existiing e-cert as one of your 4 "paid" nights for a 5th night free award. You have to actually order the 5 night award cert and you will only be charged for 4 nights.

You can on a 6 night stay use both a free night cert and a 5th night free award though (assuming the hotel has award inventory for all the nights of course.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.