Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Time for Marriot Visa Card Bonuses to Hit Marriot Rewards Account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles

I was recently approved for a Marriott Rewards Visa with it's 50k Point Bonus after the first purchase.

Today is March 14, and I'm hopeful to use the points towards an awards stay that is April 16 - 20.

How long does it take for the bonus points to credit?

I would think after the first statement. I wonder if there's a way to make sure I get the points in time for the stay.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: AAdvantage LT Gold, SkyMiles Platinum, Marriott LT Titanium, EX-Hilton Diamond
Looks like I got approved for mine on 11/13 and the points posted on 12/16. Not sure what date my first purchase was, but it was at the latest 12/1 because I had my first stay using the card then.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 1MM USAir SP Marriott Plat National Exec Elite
I signed up late 2010, and a few months later no points. Turns out my MR account has my nickname "Bill" rather than "William", and so they created a whole new account they never told me about and deposited them there. Now, this was despite the fact that the credit card they sent me had the original MR account number on it!
Old Mar 17, 2012, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Bill_61
. . . they created a whole new account they never told me about and deposited them there. Now, this was despite the fact that the credit card they sent me had the original MR account number on it!
Same thing happened with me. It was very frustrating, because the Chase folks kept assuring me the points were being credited, and the fact we were talking about different accounts escaped us for quite a while.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
My wife recently applied for one. We had the same question and asked Chase (through chase secure message) when the sign-up points would post. They said the point would post 4-6 days after the statement date.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 5:06 am
GGE

Programs: DL, US, AA, Marriott Silver, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by NavyUCF
I was recently approved for a Marriott Rewards Visa with it's 50k Point Bonus after the first purchase.

Today is March 14, and I'm hopeful to use the points towards an awards stay that is April 16 - 20.

How long does it take for the bonus points to credit?

I would think after the first statement. I wonder if there's a way to make sure I get the points in time for the stay.
Yup, it's gonna be a few days to a week after the statement cuts that it hits your Chase account and maybe a day or so later when it hits your Marriott account.

But the caveat is, did you select the option to choose your own statement date when you got approved for the card?

I app'd and was approved the beginning of March and I thought I was being smart by chosing the option that said I wanted my due date to be the end of the month... huge mistake.

Now my first statement doesn't even cut until April some time.

I mean, great if I wanted to have like 5 weeks to charge stuff before it being reported to the credit bureaus, but I actually just wanted the shortest first cycle possible.. got myself the longest. Oh well!

edit - if I were you I'd call htem and explain that you'd 'like your statement to cut at their earliest available billing date. They have the ability to change it, but you can only change it once in 90 days I think. Because I chose the option to set it myself when I was approved, I'm pretty sure now I have to wait.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Friends,

Thanks for the responses. Very helpful!

if I were you I'd call htem and explain that you'd 'like your statement to cut at their earliest available billing date. They have the ability to change it, but you can only change it once in 90 days I think. Because I chose the option to set it myself when I was approved, I'm pretty sure now I have to wait.
Ya know, when I got approved, I had them expedite the card (for obvious bonus accrual purposes), so I had occasion to speak with a CSR. I asked about the posting date, and they told me the statement closes on April 14, and the points would post within a day thereafter.

I think I'll follow your advice, call back, and see if we can get the statement cut earlier, so that I ensure I have the points.

Thanks again!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, DM Silver, RR, AA, US, BA
My experience has been that both new account bonus points and regular spend points post within two business days of the statement closing date on which the points were earned.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:12 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Psst - there is a 70k signup bonus offer out right now. If you signed up within the past 90 days and send them a secure message, they will probably bump your bonus up.

EDIT: See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...light=marriott especially the last few posts.
Old May 7, 2012, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Psst - there is a 70k signup bonus offer out right now. If you signed up within the past 90 days and send them a secure message, they will probably bump your bonus up.

EDIT: See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...light=marriott especially the last few posts.
I did this and indeed they did bump my bonus up! I now see my 70K points from chase but it is not in my Marriott account.

The free night hotel stay did show up in my Marriott account just fine.

I am thinking of calling, but if it is really just going to be one day or so, then I can let it ride.

Problem is that I am hoping to put in a quick transfer for Southwest points, to qualify for CP and I hace a flight booked on May 11th.

Talk about cutting it close.

What do you think my odds are?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 10:40 pm

Programs: Hilton dia, IHG plat, Hyatt plat
hello all, so, i was approved for a non-premier marriott visa sig about 5-6 weeks ago. the link shows the benefit. https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...edit-card.aspx according to the link, it states that i am supposed to get 2 free night stays. first night certificate showed up the day my visa was approved...however the second night certificate hasn't shown up. i called marriott and visa and there was no 2nd night certificate in my account. has anybody experienced the second night certificate showing much slower than the first one? if so, how many weeks have you waited?
thanx in advance!
kunia
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
-deleted-

Originally Posted by kuniawrx
hello all, so, i was approved for a non-premier marriott visa sig about 5-6 weeks ago. the link shows the benefit. https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...edit-card.aspx according to the link, it states that i am supposed to get 2 free night stays. first night certificate showed up the day my visa was approved...however the second night certificate hasn't shown up. i called marriott and visa and there was no 2nd night certificate in my account. has anybody experienced the second night certificate showing much slower than the first one? if so, how many weeks have you waited?
thanx in advance!
kunia

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.