Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards 2012 Hotel Category Changes

Marriott Rewards 2012 Hotel Category Changes

Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by socrates
just as an FYI - the hotels have no incentive to cancel a reservation and make a new one after their category changed...they receive the same amount of $$$ regardless of their category/number of points used to stay, when you see something as you describe it's a honest mistake on the hotel's part
I have no doubt that is true, but OU812 was having problems getting the Marriott Rewards agent to undo the mistake. It is for the benefit of others that I made the comment so others can fix any mistakes that occur.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by VA1379
I have no doubt that is true, but OU812 was having problems getting the Marriott Rewards agent to undo the mistake. It is for the benefit of others that I made the comment so others can fix any mistakes that occur.
I wasn't trying to minimize your point - only point out the conspiracy isn't out there (it was only a matter of time before someone suggested it)
Old Mar 5, 2012, 8:26 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by alc
Just catching up this thread today and this was the very first thing I search in the PDF file. It was a nice hotel to use up my Free Night cert when I visit HK every x'mas. Usually stay here for 1 or 2 nights before leaving HK.
Now one has to go all the way to sai wan (or cross the border to Shenzhen) to use that Cat 4 cert in HK.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Rivarix
Now one has to go all the way to sai wan (or cross the border to Shenzhen) to use that Cat 4 cert in HK.
Yeah if you can get an award night there...... I just checked and there are a total of 5 days available for the whole Dec and early Jan.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by swag
All five cat 5 full service properties in downtown New Orleans move to cat 6. That one hurts.

I do thank you for releasing this list in advance.
yea and the only one that was a 4 goes to a 5 which kills my cert. looks like i will not be renewing my chase card.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by mtbmtb01
yea and the only one that was a 4 goes to a 5 which kills my cert. looks like i will not be renewing my chase card.
When you renew the Chase card (pay the annual fee) you get a certificate for a free category 1 - 5 room, so you're still covered. It's the first certificate (when you sign up for the card) that's limited to category 1 - 4 (probably because the annual fee is waived).
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Counsellor
When you renew the Chase card (pay the annual fee) you get a certificate for a free category 1 - 5 room, so you're still covered. It's the first certificate (when you sign up for the card) that's limited to category 1 - 4 (probably because the annual fee is waived).
If I'm not mistaken, the renewal certs (for cat 5) are also good for a full year, not just 6 months.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:24 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by beltway
If I'm not mistaken, the renewal certs (for cat 5) are also good for a full year, not just 6 months.
The ones I have been receiving for the last few years have only been valid for 6 months.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by hhoope01
The ones I have been receiving for the last few years have only been valid for 6 months.
Me too. 6 months.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I believe the chase Premier card gets you the cat 5 cert (good for 6 months.) There is a Chase Marriott card one level down that provides a Cat 4 cert even after year one.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), AA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Rivarix
I believe that Courtyard Hong Kong remains a Cat 4
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), AA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by MaximusNJ
Oops - missed the Sai Wan reference - which is of course, where Courtyard HK is located at.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MaximusNJ
Yes for this year. I'm sure it will be Cat 5 next year. I can't even get book an award night for this Dec.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Not listed as changing (and I have NO problem booking December nights at Cat 4 "pricing":

Charlotte Marriott City Center 4 5
Courtyard Anchorage Airport 4 5
Courtyard Austin Downtown/Convention Center 4 5
Courtyard Boston Cambridge 4 5
Courtyard Boston-South Boston 4 5
Courtyard Charleston Mt. Pleasant 4 5
Courtyard Charlottesville - University Medical Center 4 5
Courtyard Columbus Easton 4 5
Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms 4 5
Courtyard Hadley Amherst 4 5
Courtyard Ithaca 4 5
Courtyard Kauai Kapa'a 4 5
Courtyard Key Largo 4 5
Courtyard Nashville Downtown 4 5
Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt/West End 4 5
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter 4 5
Courtyard Norwich 4 5
Courtyard Page at Lake Powell 4 5
Courtyard Paris Defense West - Colombes
Originally Posted by nacho
Yes for this year. I'm sure it will be Cat 5 next year. I can't even get book an award night for this Dec.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
Not listed as changing (and I have NO problem booking December nights at Cat 4 "pricing":
Yes I can book the rooms again at CY HK (it wasn't available a couple of days ago), but how do you know that CY HK won't be Cat 5 March 2013 at the category change next year?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.