Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bad Web Site Gets Worse

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2012, 4:07 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
The nightmare continues

This I am went to do my daily search for a 10 day stay (2x using 5 day stay using point).

1. They limit you to 9 days.. NOT GOOD
2. There is not longer a box to specify the checking in checkout just number of days.
3. They do not provide a cost on the result of the search page just a required click to see average costs.

WHY?
Old Sep 25, 2012, 6:08 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
All three items are a result of having the My dates are flexible box checked during your search. Uncheck it and you can specify 1) your desired Check-in and Check-out dates, 2) search for your specific 10 day period and 3) will provide the cost format you are expecting.

Checking the My dates are flexible box with Number of nights set to 1 allows you to search for available award nights when you encounter a date ranges that don't have availability. In those cases, sometimes it is because standard rooms are sold out for only a day or two of the date range for which one is searching. I have booked 5 nights award, 2 paid, 5 night award and then dealt with it at check-in. I have never had to switch rooms mid stay (yet). Adding additional days to my holiday is never a burden IMO. YMMV
Old Sep 25, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
You have the My dates are flexible box checked. Uncheck it and you can specify your desired Check-in and Check-out dates.

Checking the My dates are flexible box with Number of nights set to 1 allows you to search for available award nights when you encounter a dates range that does not have availability. In those cases, sometimes it is because standard rooms are sold out for only a day or two of the date range for which one is searching. I have booked 5 nights award, 2 paid, 5 night award and then dealt with it at check-in. I have never had to switch rooms mid stay (yet). Adding additional days to my holiday is never a burden IMO. YMMV
Thanks. I missed that. I guess I need more sleep then 3 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.