Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Unfortunate experience with Marriott rewards program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQSolitaire,Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, CO Platinum,

I am a Diamond member at Hyatt and top tier at Sheraton. I called the Marriott rewards team in Dec and ask them if I gave them business which is mostly overseas can I get a status. After seeing my details they agreed and I started making bookings for Dec and Jan and till date stayed 21 days in Asia.

Yesterday when I loved in to make my booking for HK it showed Silver status. I am very disappointed by these actions and I would like to get advice from members here or some Marriott team member can help me in this forum.

I am overseas and no help from local Marriott team.

Thanks, Arun
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:56 am

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
They agreed to what? Did they give you a status match or the Platinum challenge?

Try to give Marriott CS Desk a call and explain calmly the situation. Ask for a supervisor. I believe they can make things right for you. If you have any emails from a challenge or a status match, this will be extremely helpful too.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
You need to be more specific about asking for a challenge.

It's nice to be Gold in Marriotts in HK - you get lounge access, although the food is not good (haven't tried JW and the Ritz).
Old Feb 14, 2012, 2:11 am

Programs: More shiny with hotels than airlines.
Originally Posted by mrakant
Yesterday when I loved in to make my booking for HK it showed Silver status. I am very disappointed by these actions and I would like to get advice from members here or some Marriott team member can help me in this forum.
Thanks, Arun
There must be a misunderstanding on what they agreed. Just write them an email, explain that as a top tier member at other programs you have requested a Platinum challenge ; that you have now completed 21 nights so completed your Platinum challenge and so expected to see your status updated as Platinum but only see Silver. I am confident you can have it manually corrected by the CS.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mrakant
I am a Diamond member at Hyatt and top tier at Sheraton. I called the Marriott rewards team in Dec and ask them if I gave them business which is mostly overseas can I get a status. After seeing my details they agreed and I started making bookings for Dec and Jan and till date stayed 21 days in Asia.

I am overseas and no help from local Marriott team.

Thanks, Arun
"LOVED IN" ????

Are you advising that you requested a status match or challenge and you never checked your account before you started your business trip to see just what status you had been granted?

What buisnessman ever embarks on a business trip without having first acquainted himself with a little research before he sets out on such an endeavour?

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Feb 14, 2012 at 9:28 am
Old Feb 14, 2012, 2:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
"LOVED IN" ????

Are you advising that you requested a status match or challenge and you never checked your account before you started your business trip to see just what status you had been granted?

What buisnessman ever embarks on a business trip without having first acquainted himself with a little research before he sets out on such an endeavour?
Was this post necessary? It's neither friendly nor helpful.

To the OP - others have suggested a course of action that I'd recommend following, especially pititom.

Good luck!

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.