Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 1999, 11:25 am
EMD
Original Member
Original Poster

Just got back from Mardi Gras in the Big Easy - we stayed at the Marriott, and, as usual, had a wonderful experience. Everyone, from waitstaff to desk clerks, were helpful and friendly in spite of the craziness of the weekend!!!
Old Jul 17, 2000, 8:03 am

Marriet New Orleans

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? What was the experience like? I am booked there in August, just wondering what I could look forward to.
Old Jul 17, 2000, 8:04 am

Sorry, typing to fast, I meant Marriot!
Old Jul 17, 2000, 8:40 am

Typical LARGE convention hotel. Rooms are clean and standard Marriott fare. Service is not to personal - what you'd expect in a large convention hotel. Good location - you're on the edge of the French Quarter and down the street from the activity by the riverfront. Do you have the ability to stay elsewhere - there's certainly a bunch of better hotels in New Orleans.
Old Jul 17, 2000, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I've stayed there half a dozen times and never had a problem. It's just a big (two large towers) convention hotel. The Concierge Lounge is pretty nice, if you have access.

Bruce
Old Jul 17, 2000, 8:30 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Agree with the above posts. Surprisingly good owever, and excellent location. Good food too- but in N.O. that ain't too hard to find!
Old Jul 18, 2000, 7:19 am

Thanks for all the help, I've been to the Bourbon a couple of times, but never stayed this close. I've only got a couple of days, any great suggestions for entertainment?
Old Nov 5, 2001, 9:03 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
New Orleans Res Inn DTown vs SHill Suites CCenter

Any comments? I'm looking for quality of the neighborhood, I know some are lets just say better than others. Are they a 15 minute walk or less to the quarter? any other tidbits that might help me decide which one to stay at over a weekend? FYI, Marriott was too expensive and I'm not quite sure about the Renaissance although I'd be willing to listen.

thanx
Old Nov 5, 2001, 11:01 am

What about the Courtyard in Charles st, just off of Canal? A 5 minute walk from the french quarter, breakfast available in the morning (for $). Very close to everything. Have stayed there twice - once in the past 2 years and find it very good.

FWIW it is 1 block from the Marriott on Canal Street.
Old Dec 14, 2001, 10:17 am

Bad experience at new Pere Marquette Renaissance

Just had an incredibly disappointing stay at the new (opened Oct. 01) Pere Marquette Renaissance in New Orleans...I'd booked my group's winter board meeting there. They really sold me on the place, a renovated office building that was supposed to have "the heart of a full service hotel and the soul of a boutique hotel."

This trip proved more than ever that nice furnishings do not make a hotel. The public areas are great, beautiful light wood, funky light fixtures, very Scandanavian design. And our meetings went well. But we had a laundry list of service problems:

1. Although the website touts that all rooms have bathrobes, none of our dozen attendees had any in their rooms.

2. We asked the concierge for a recommendation for a nearby restaurant; the one he directed us to was closed, and looked as though it had been closed for weeks.

3. Housekeeping repeatedly tried to enter our room, DO NOT DISTURB signs notwithstanding.

4. Housekeeping never replentished our soaps...not a big deal, the one bar barely survived our three nights, but it seemed overly cheap or lazy to me.

5. Calling the operator occasionally resulted in no one answering. One morning, I got up before my wake-up-call, and not wanting my wife to be disturbed, I called to cancel it. The phone rang FOR 8 MINUTES before I gave up. That is so beyond aceptable. What if there had been an emergency?

6. Our group billing was messed up ... twice! They never did get it right, and I finally gave up.

On top of all this, the rooms were terribly small, the pool was postage stamp sized, and there was no jacuzzi or rooms with jacuzzis. I really love Renaissances, and wanted to love this one, but they just wouldn't let me. I intend to write a lengthly letter to their general manager, but any suggestions as to anyone I should cc on it?

Old Dec 21, 2001, 1:00 pm

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
Downtown New Orleans Marriott

Any comments on this property? Staying there right after the Super Bowl.
Old Dec 21, 2001, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I really like this property, I recommend it. It should be all spruced up for the super bowl and Mardi Gras coming up right behind it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by foodguy:
Any comments on this property? Staying there right after the Super Bowl.</font>

[This message has been edited by TrojanHorse (edited 12-21-2001).]
Old Dec 21, 2001, 2:42 pm

Also - you can consider the Marriott Courtyard on St Charles just around the corner from the Marriot itself... a nice property also - I have stayed quite a few times.

Happy Holidays!
Old Dec 21, 2001, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH DMD, MAR PLT
I am Platinum and I personally didn't care for this property. I got a small crappy room and if there is a crowd it is long time to get an elevator. The location is fine for French Quarter access (right on Canal). It is not bad and if I were going to the Super Bowl I don't think I would care too much about the room. I would be more worried about finding my way back to the hotel. If you're not locked into Marriott I would go with the lowest common denominator closest to the Quarter. If you are locked in than this might be a good tall building to look at as you stumble back before sunrise.
Old Dec 22, 2001, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Stayed there a few weeks back. It's o.k. Basic big hotel though the 1,000+ rooms could mean a long line up for elevators as someone else commented. It's available through Priceline as a 4* in the French Quarter (though you could end up getting the W instead).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.