Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview or Marriott Gateway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview or Marriott Gateway

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2008, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Marriott Fallsview

We are planning a one night stay at this hotel June 28th. I know the hotel has excellent reviews but just needed to confirm about upgrades for Gold members, etc. Lounge usage.... Which room should we book, fallsview will be a choice but it is pricey.

Last edited by djjaguar64; May 20, 2008 at 1:59 pm
Old May 20, 2008, 11:10 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I was there in July of 2006 when my daughter was a few months old. I am platinum and we had booked a fallsview spa room in the 7th to 14th floor range and that is exactly what we got. I did briefly check out the lounge and there was a very nice view of the falls from there. In general it is a very nice property with a nice pool spa; however, I didn't really receive any elite benefits nor recognition. Also note, room service breakfast was about the same cost as the breakfast buffet and it was much better quality. Food offerings in the Niagara Falls area were very overpriced and generally mediocre. Food at Niagara on the Lake was much better and more reasonably priced. If you have the time it is worth it to check it out. All of that said, it is definitely worth it to spend a night in a true Fallsview room at the Marriott. It is truly mesmerizing staring at the falls from your room.

--Jon
Old May 20, 2008, 11:48 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
djjaguar64 you have a PM.
Old May 20, 2008, 11:53 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I loved the property and would stay there again. The only warning I can give is to not get too excited about the fireplace rooms. The fireplaces are the cheesy electric one with rotating lights. I was dissapointed.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 11:25 am

Programs: HHonors Dia, Priority Club Plat, Marriott, SPG, Htz Gold
Stayed at the Marriott Fallsview Niagara July 9-11. Booked the least expensive room available. As Gold, was upgraded to King Falls View room with whirlpool tub. In addition to the room upgrade, the $20 parking fee was waived, internet access fee was waived, and we were given a complimentary shuttle pass ($12). The breakfast in the Concierge Lounge was great; the afternoon offerings were mediocre at best but it was a pleasant lounge and there were plenty of soft drinks and bottles of water. The property is clean and well kept -- the service is excellent. Without exception, this was the nicest, most accomodating group of hotel employees I have ever encountered, from the front desk to the bartender to housekeeping. I would definitely go back.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 3:57 pm

Programs: LT Platinum Marriott/Starwood; Exec Plat AA; LT Plat AA
Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Awards?

Strange. Looked to book a award stay at this property in October. No rooms available. Tried April. No rooms. Tried random day in June. No rooms. Called the Platline, and they showed no rooms. Told them to check any random date. No award rooms.

Did this property pull out of Marriott Rewards?

Anyone lately have an award stay at this property?
Old Aug 15, 2008, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by TooMuchTravel73
Strange. Looked to book a award stay at this property in October. No rooms available. Tried April. No rooms. Tried random day in June. No rooms. Called the Platline, and they showed no rooms. Told them to check any random date. No award rooms.

Did this property pull out of Marriott Rewards?

Anyone lately have an award stay at this property?
I had an awards stay at this hotel within the past month. There was a problem. The reservation was made one month ahead of time, but the morning of the stay, I received a cancelation email. I called the hotel. Their explanation was that someone pulled it up on a second computer and it created a duplicate. The duplicate was canceled, which triggered the cancelation.

The hotel manager went above and beyond, and the stay went off without a hitch.

My advice is call the hotel directly and deal with them.

BTW - nice hotel, great view, the housekeeping manager took care of something in my room and would not let me give her a tip, but was so sweet.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 9:42 am

Smile

I had an award stay in early June. Great property and no problems. They even upgraded my room since I was Plat. Great location. Very friendly staff and eager to please.

The restaurant at the Sheraton behind the Marriott was fantastic. Highly recommend. Can't remember the name.

Don't go to the Friday's next door even for a quick bite. It was the worse ever. It was even worse than the Hard Rock in Washington, DC

Only downer was the Lounge was closed for some major event a company was having but they gave us breakfast buffet coupons and it was great!

We used the spa. It was small but very friendly and professional.

Not sure why you can't reserve but this one was worth the points.

Good Luck
Old Sep 30, 2008, 4:32 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
2 night stay just completed - experience identical to smithit. Very nice property. Weather was not great so it was nice to be able to look at the falls without standing in the pouring rain!
Old Sep 30, 2008, 4:50 pm

Smithit and Sophiegirl are spot on....

I was there this summer. The parking and shuttle were free to PM. The lounge on the nicer side. (But now that I've been to the Cincy FS CL, all other CLs look a little shabbier.) The CL attendants were very helpful without overdoing it.

The hotel did upgrade me to the top floor just a couple rooms down from the CL. There was a slight issue about my reservation being canceled, but the hotel stepped up to the plate, corrected, and made the guest happy. The staff went above and beyond. The housekeeper refused to take a tip, explaining she was the head housekeeper and would rather I leave the money for the regular housekeeper. On top of that, she was a sweetheart!

Even the valets were gosh-darn nice.

Stay on the Falls side of the hotel. The view is spectacular. Yes, the fireplace is cheesy, but you'll sit for hours before you go to sleep looking out the window.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler; Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier
Any recent experiences here? I am just wondering what is offered to platinums in today's environment and whether upgrades should be expected. Postings in the past have indicated complimentary internet and parking. Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:03 am

Programs: MR Platinum, UA, AA, etc. etc. etc.
Originally Posted by happywanderer
Any recent experiences here? I am just wondering what is offered to platinums in today's environment and whether upgrades should be expected. Postings in the past have indicated complimentary internet and parking. Thanks.
We were there 2 weeks ago for a 1 night stay. Upgraded from the least expensive room we could reserve to a fallsview suite with an incredible view. I also found a package online through the Niagara C&VB that allowed me to book a package with a credit for dinner and breakfast, and with our gold status they gave us additional F&B credit to use towards our dinner. Had a fantastic dinner at the restaurant on-site. One of our top experiences so far, would highly recommend it.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:36 am

Programs: I fly too much and stay at too many hotels
Agree with all that the falls view rooms are nice and the property is nice as well. I understand that the Renaissance in town closed, making this the only FS property.

A word to the wise, if you stay using rewards points, you will likely not receive any elite status recognition or upgrades. Last stay there, (last year) I was on points and had reserved a non-falls view room, (lower award rate). I checked the web-site and I knew there was plenty of falls view availability for purchase. They would not move me. As I was at the desk pleading my case, a couple walked in off the street and paid for a room, the agent next to me said, "Welcome to the Marriott, we have given you a complimentary upgradeto a Falls View whirlpoool suite." To this day, i wonder if she did that just to rub it in.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by brobab
Agree with all that the falls view rooms are nice and the property is nice as well. I understand that the Renaissance in town closed, making this the only FS property.

A word to the wise, if you stay using rewards points, you will likely not receive any elite status recognition or upgrades. Last stay there, (last year) I was on points and had reserved a non-falls view room, (lower award rate). I checked the web-site and I knew there was plenty of falls view availability for purchase. They would not move me. As I was at the desk pleading my case, a couple walked in off the street and paid for a room, the agent next to me said, "Welcome to the Marriott, we have given you a complimentary upgradeto a Falls View whirlpoool suite." To this day, i wonder if she did that just to rub it in.
I had the opposite experience. Points stay. Top floor falls view room. The staff couldn't have been any more "falling all over themselves" because I was PM.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 2:29 am
formerly jasperjugan

Programs: DL SkyMiles Gold Medallion, Marriott Rewards Gold Elite, A|Club Gold, PR Mabuhay Miles Base Member
love this property so much, sitting on a chair glancing at the very beautiful view outside in daylight and night time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.