Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Plat Gift- annoyed I have to follow up

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK, Marriott plat

I am a new Plat- I understood the plat gift- but really I just want to get my extra 500 points. I checked in to a hotel and had to remind them of the plat gift- the desk clerk asked me what I want and I said the points.

Low and behold when I checked my MR points on line- both the base points and the bonus points were there- but no plat gift. Now- I had reminded them of the plat gift- so I was just looking to get my 500 pts- but I was annoyed that I had to write into Marriot to get the 500 pts. Here is the response I received. So if I opt for points- there is no Plat Guarantee?

Dear XXX
Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards regarding your missing Platinum Arrival Bonus.

We are sorry that the Platinum Arrival Bonus was not systematically credited with your stay. The missing bonus points have been added to your account and may be viewed by accessing your account online at MarriottRewards.com in 24-48 hours.

The compensation for the Elite Benefits Guarantee applies if you choose, but do not receive, the welcome snacks and beverage option upon arrival. The compensation does not apply when you opt for the Arrival Bonus points. Those points cannot be given until the stay is added to your Marriott Rewards account, which does not happen until after you check out (the hotel must purchase those points for you and request that they be added).

The guaranteed compensation for not receiving other guaranteed Elite benefits only applies if you are still a registered guest at the hotel (meaning you have not yet checked out). It is necessary to address the matter with the hotel staff prior to check out to qualify for the benefit in the future.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Yes, there is no penalty if the points don't post. And correct that if the non-points arrival gift doesn't arrive, you have to ask for the compensation before check-out.

BTW - you don't have to write to get the 500 pts credited. Just call MR Cust Svc, tell them you asked for points, and they didn't post. They'll do the credit while you're on the phone with them. Annoying, yes. But it doesn't take long & doesn't require actually writing a letter.

Hey, it could be more annoying - ie, if the entire stay didn't post. That requires faxing or emailing the folio.

Cheers.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:01 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Gold
I have the same issue with Marriott regularly; a recent ( 3 wks ago) note to the Marriott Concierge here on FT about this has yet to yield a reply. And yes, I do call Marriott CS when it happens and sometimes the points get posted immediately, sometimes not without multiple tries and much inconvenience. I wish you luck getting your points!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: LTP, PP
IMO, the 500 points is such a drop in the bucket, 1/30th of a basic entry level room, that I don't bother and take the gift.

Red wine and packaged crackers that I usually take home anyway.

Plus the opportunity to collect the $100 if they don't deliver it although I won't do that unless the FD or hotel has been particularly unfriendly...
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:13 pm
alc

I am also very new to Marriott Rewards and also new to Plat Status. I am also having this issue that the points from welcome not posted. I am planning to contact the customer service tomorrow but thought to ask a few questions to the expert here first:

• I am on the Plat Challange, am I entitle for them?
  • I am earning miles (for the 50K promo), do I still get them?
-> The Check-in agent last week told me yes, but not sure if I can trust him.
  • Do the post as part of the stay or as separate line?
  • Are they manually processed or automatically?
-> The check-in agent told me tonight it is automatically, but again, not sure if I can trust him.

Thanks.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 8:49 am
alc

Just called and here are the answer I got:

• I am on the Plat Challange, am I entitle for them?
Yes, I am entitled for them
  • I am earning miles (for the 50K promo), do I still get them?
-> The Check-in agent last week told me yes, but not sure if I can trust him.

No, earning style need to be for Points

so, I guess I can start getting the non-point items tonight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.