Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

"Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mediator
Taste of Gold/Platinum
You are given gold/platinum status for 90 days, and you must complete a certain number of nights/stays to retain that status for the remainder of the year plus the following year. This promotion is targeted only.

Road to Gold/Platinum (a.k.a. Gold/Platinum Challenge)
Currently, this will allow you to move up one level with a shortened stay criteria. You have 90 days to complete 6/9 stays to receive Gold/Platinum status. If you do no qualify, you are eligible to start another challenge one year and one day after the 90th day of the challenge you just did. When you sign up, the MR CSR should tell you the date you are eligible to do another challenge.

FAQ

Q: What qualifies as a stay?
A: One paid night at a Marriott-brand (including Ritz-Carlton Hotels) hotel. Cash+points rate does not qualify. SPG hotels does not qualify (as of 03/2017). Some exclusions may apply, someone please help fill this in.

Q: Can I simply book multiple, consecutive one-night stays at the same hotel?
A: No.

Q: Can I jump between multiple Marriotts in the area?
A: Yes. As long as you book at least one night at each property. Special care must be taken if the Marriott properties are next to each other. They may share the same back-office. While you may book one night at each property on consecutive nights, which should count as two stays, it may only count as one stay. A call to Marriott Rewards should split them up correctly.

Q: Can I book multiple nights at different properties for the same night to get multiple stay credits?
A: No. Regardless how many different places you book for the same night, it all counts as one stay.

Q: Can I sign up for both Gold and Platinum Challenges at the same time?
A: No. Only one challenge per year.

Q: I'm Silver, can I do the Platinum challenge?
A: No. This is only a one-level promotion. You are only eligible for the Gold challenge.

Q: Can a non-elite do the Gold Challenge
A: No. Must be Silver.

Q: I just completed my 6th/9th stay. When should I see my new status?
A: Good job! Your new status should appear after your 6th/9th stay posts to your account.

Q: Can I book a meeting to get a stay credit?
A: No. You will only receive 10 night credits, not a stay credit.
Print Wikipost

"Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 2:21 pm

I just completed a plat challenge. They gave me the remainder of the month plus three months to complete 18 nights. You also have the plat benefits for the duration of the challenge which is nice too.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by COOLIO
I should've clarified that this is for the 2nd of June so it's a Saturday so not sure how the 24 hours thing works then.
To be safe, I'd call when the call center opens on that Friday. I know that I didn't realize their call center was closed on the weekend, so when I called Monday to start my challenge, my stay for that evening didn't count.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:48 am

Thanks. I may just split the Sept res between myself and my OH. Is the challenge likely to still be available in a few months or is this now a perm offer?

Last edited by COOLIO; Apr 29, 2012 at 1:19 am
Old Apr 29, 2012, 7:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
It's been around for quite some time, doesn't seem that it will go away anytime soon.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 2:58 pm

Thanks again. Hopefully last question, I am guessing you don't get a new card during your challenge time but would if you qualify on your stays during that period?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by COOLIO
Thanks again. Hopefully last question, I am guessing you don't get a new card during your challenge time but would if you qualify on your stays during that period?
Correct.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:20 pm

Programs: CO One Pass
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
asking on the second of the month definitely permits 4 months within which to complete the challenge -- whichever one you select.

NJ
confirmed:

sent email on May 2, received response May 3 for Platinum Challenge... have until Aug 31 to complete... essentially 4 months

Last edited by TenYearsGone; May 3, 2012 at 7:43 pm
Old May 3, 2012, 8:24 pm

apply by email

can someone please confirm the email address you used to apply for this promotion? Thanks.
Old May 4, 2012, 7:54 pm

Programs: US CP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Silver, Avis First, National Executive
I have recently begun traveling a lot for work and have been getting some great tips from the forums. I called today to ask to do the plat challenge and was told I could only do gold since they will only go one level above current status. Does this sound correct?
Old May 4, 2012, 9:04 pm

Programs: CO One Pass
Originally Posted by global_cb
can someone please confirm the email address you used to apply for this promotion? Thanks.

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/customer-support.mi

click "Contact us via email."

and make sure you reply with 'I accept the offer' when you get a response

Last edited by TenYearsGone; May 4, 2012 at 10:25 pm
Old May 6, 2012, 1:23 pm

Programs: SPG Plat US G Delta G
Is there a phone number for me to call to request a Plat challenge? I am new to Marriott, but I am SPG Plat, and have a rather large number of stays coming up at Marriott. Any tips?
Old May 6, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by pyite
Is there a phone number for me to call to request a Plat challenge? I am new to Marriott, but I am SPG Plat, and have a rather large number of stays coming up at Marriott. Any tips?
I telephoned (801) 468-4000 last week and they set me up immediately over the telephone. However, do be sure to contact them 24 hours before your first stay, or otherwise it won't count toward your challenge. Also, they are not open on the weekends to set-up your challenge either.
Old May 7, 2012, 12:07 pm

Just did the Platinum selection. No way I will hit 18 days in the next 90 days, but at least I will receive some benefits for my stay I have already booked. Would be cool to get an upgrade. I need to look into what some of the platinum benefits are. Hopefully I can leverage this to status match on some other brands. Would be cool to get Platinum on multiple brands since I basically have no status anywhere. Suggestions to maximize benefits are welcomed.
Old May 7, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Skbens
I have recently begun traveling a lot for work and have been getting some great tips from the forums. I called today to ask to do the plat challenge and was told I could only do gold since they will only go one level above current status. Does this sound correct?
I'd try calling back. I had no Marriott status but got a platinum challenge in late December.
Old May 7, 2012, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by abitlost
I'd try calling back. I had no Marriott status but got a platinum challenge in late December.
Me as well. I was basic status. I called them 15 mins ago, and I will be platinum when their system updates tonight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.