Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

"Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mediator
Taste of Gold/Platinum
You are given gold/platinum status for 90 days, and you must complete a certain number of nights/stays to retain that status for the remainder of the year plus the following year. This promotion is targeted only.

Road to Gold/Platinum (a.k.a. Gold/Platinum Challenge)
Currently, this will allow you to move up one level with a shortened stay criteria. You have 90 days to complete 6/9 stays to receive Gold/Platinum status. If you do no qualify, you are eligible to start another challenge one year and one day after the 90th day of the challenge you just did. When you sign up, the MR CSR should tell you the date you are eligible to do another challenge.

FAQ

Q: What qualifies as a stay?
A: One paid night at a Marriott-brand (including Ritz-Carlton Hotels) hotel. Cash+points rate does not qualify. SPG hotels does not qualify (as of 03/2017). Some exclusions may apply, someone please help fill this in.

Q: Can I simply book multiple, consecutive one-night stays at the same hotel?
A: No.

Q: Can I jump between multiple Marriotts in the area?
A: Yes. As long as you book at least one night at each property. Special care must be taken if the Marriott properties are next to each other. They may share the same back-office. While you may book one night at each property on consecutive nights, which should count as two stays, it may only count as one stay. A call to Marriott Rewards should split them up correctly.

Q: Can I book multiple nights at different properties for the same night to get multiple stay credits?
A: No. Regardless how many different places you book for the same night, it all counts as one stay.

Q: Can I sign up for both Gold and Platinum Challenges at the same time?
A: No. Only one challenge per year.

Q: I'm Silver, can I do the Platinum challenge?
A: No. This is only a one-level promotion. You are only eligible for the Gold challenge.

Q: Can a non-elite do the Gold Challenge
A: No. Must be Silver.

Q: I just completed my 6th/9th stay. When should I see my new status?
A: Good job! Your new status should appear after your 6th/9th stay posts to your account.

Q: Can I book a meeting to get a stay credit?
A: No. You will only receive 10 night credits, not a stay credit.
Print Wikipost

"Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:55 pm

Programs: CO One Pass
Stay 12 nights April 1 - June 30 for Gold Status (likely targeted)

I got a letter in the mail last week from Marriott, informing me that I am 42 nights away this year from Gold status. Not happening.

But in the same letter, there was an offer that if I stay 12 nights from April 1 to June 30, I would get Gold status until Feb 2012. This I can manage to do.

Anyone else get such an offer? likely targeted

* edit: changed Feb 2011 to Feb 2012 *

Last edited by TenYearsGone; Mar 30, 2010 at 3:00 pm
Old Mar 30, 2010, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, HH Diamond, MR Lifetime Plat/Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by TenYearsGone
I got a letter in the mail last week from Marriott, informing me that I am 42 nights away this year from Gold status. Not happening.

But in the same letter, there was an offer that if I stay 12 nights from April 1 to June 30, I would get Gold status until Feb 2011. This I can manage to do.

Anyone else get such an offer? likely targeted
I received the same with a gold card dated through 2/2012. I will try to get the 12 nights in.^
Old Mar 30, 2010, 2:56 pm

Programs: CO One Pass
Originally Posted by b0nd0
I received the same with a gold card dated through 2/2012. I will try to get the 12 nights in.^
I got the gold card mailed to me as well, and just checked it, mine says 2/2012 as well, not 2011.

This is a great offer for me as I travel alot in Apr/May/June but not enough year round to reach gold.

I believe the letter said that I have gold status either way until June 30, 2010.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
I got the "taste of gold" offer too. Gold status thru June, plus if I stay 12 nights Apr-Jun I'll qualify as gold for the year.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL/NW Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, PriorityClub Gold, National ExecElite, AA
after recently being downgraded to Silver, I got this promo as well.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:11 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Does any one know how many nights it takes to get to Platinum once you hit gold via challenge? Will you need the balance (63 nights) or just the difference between gold and platinum (25 nights).
Old Apr 3, 2010, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by piyush
Does any one know how many nights it takes to get to Platinum once you hit gold via challenge? Will you need the balance (63 nights) or just the difference between gold and platinum (25 nights).
I am also interested on this, although my situation is slightly different : I need 23 nights to reach Platinum. I already achieved a Gold challenge this year. Can I get a Platinum challenge this year and how many nights would it require ?
Or is there a 1 challenge/year limit ?
Old Apr 4, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
That's great for you guys but for those like me that get to Gold year in and year out - nothing. Come on Marriott !!!!
Old Apr 5, 2010, 1:22 am

Does anyone have the details on this new promotion? I have just stayed 22days at a Marriott property and would like to get my gold status back.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 6:46 am

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
I just spoke to a MR agent, and she told me that this promo is only available to people who have previously held gold or platinum status. She seemed quite clear that they don't do status matches and they won't offer this promo to people who have never held gold or higher with MR.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 7:29 am
mlk

Originally Posted by Jazzop
I just spoke to a MR agent, and she told me that this promo is only available to people who have previously held gold or platinum status. She seemed quite clear that they don't do status matches and they won't offer this promo to people who have never held gold or higher with MR.
I've never reached Gold before, and I received this promo. I've been Silver for 10 straight years.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, FB Plat, AS Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Plat, BA wannabe
So I just called in (being only and always a lowly Silver member) and was offered a "Gold Challenge" wherein I would be Gold until the end of 2010 if I stayed 12 nights in the next 3 months (ending July 6).

I inquired specifically on this "promotion" and she indicated that it was done as a response to some people being mailed Gold cards *by mistake* and then a follow-up letter.

I told her "I was quite confused", but I'm happy to at least get it for the short-term. I figured first things first.

Any comments/suggestions?
Old Apr 6, 2010, 11:32 am

Programs: UA, Marriott, IHG, Amtrak
Just called the Gold Elite line about the Platinum Challenge. I've been registered with the terms of 18 paid nights starting tomorrow (April 7) till July 31. If I achieve it, platinum status will be valid the rest of this year and next. Pretty sweet deal. Thanks for posting about this challenge. I love FlyerTalk!
Old Apr 7, 2010, 5:05 pm

Taste of Gold Promotion Dates

In mid-March, I checked my Marriott Account online and saw that I had been bumped up to Gold Status. I called them to see what the deal was, and they told me about the Taste of Gold promotion that they enrolled me in (without me doing anything). They told me that I had to stay the 12 nights before the end of June to secure Gold Status thru 2/2012. WHen the paperwork came weeks later in the mail, it said I needed 12 nights between April 1 and June 30th. I called Marriott again, to see if the effective start date of the challenge was April 1 or mid-March when I noticed I had been upgrdaded to Gold. They said that all stays starting after MARCH 9TH but before JUNE 30TH would be counted. So I actually had almost 4-months to get my 12 stays in. This was important for me as I had 4 stays in late March.

Just wanted to pass the info on. I do know that this contradicts what was in the written piece that they sent us.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
This is actually the same as when you request a status match - 3 months/12 stays to stay Gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.