Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

"Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]

Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mediator
Taste of Gold/Platinum
You are given gold/platinum status for 90 days, and you must complete a certain number of nights/stays to retain that status for the remainder of the year plus the following year. This promotion is targeted only.

Road to Gold/Platinum (a.k.a. Gold/Platinum Challenge)
Currently, this will allow you to move up one level with a shortened stay criteria. You have 90 days to complete 6/9 stays to receive Gold/Platinum status. If you do no qualify, you are eligible to start another challenge one year and one day after the 90th day of the challenge you just did. When you sign up, the MR CSR should tell you the date you are eligible to do another challenge.

FAQ

Q: What qualifies as a stay?
A: One paid night at a Marriott-brand (including Ritz-Carlton Hotels) hotel. Cash+points rate does not qualify. SPG hotels does not qualify (as of 03/2017). Some exclusions may apply, someone please help fill this in.

Q: Can I simply book multiple, consecutive one-night stays at the same hotel?
A: No.

Q: Can I jump between multiple Marriotts in the area?
A: Yes. As long as you book at least one night at each property. Special care must be taken if the Marriott properties are next to each other. They may share the same back-office. While you may book one night at each property on consecutive nights, which should count as two stays, it may only count as one stay. A call to Marriott Rewards should split them up correctly.

Q: Can I book multiple nights at different properties for the same night to get multiple stay credits?
A: No. Regardless how many different places you book for the same night, it all counts as one stay.

Q: Can I sign up for both Gold and Platinum Challenges at the same time?
A: No. Only one challenge per year.

Q: I'm Silver, can I do the Platinum challenge?
A: No. This is only a one-level promotion. You are only eligible for the Gold challenge.

Q: Can a non-elite do the Gold Challenge
A: No. Must be Silver.

Q: I just completed my 6th/9th stay. When should I see my new status?
A: Good job! Your new status should appear after your 6th/9th stay posts to your account.

Q: Can I book a meeting to get a stay credit?
A: No. You will only receive 10 night credits, not a stay credit.
Print Wikipost

"Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]

Old May 29, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Strange...I wonder why Taste shows up and Road doesn't. I think some parts were missing (where the dots are) from the C&P but it clearly states the terms.

Earn with every stay
Book Now.
Your Progress See how much you've been earning.
Taste of Gold

Stays You've Made

Your Progress:
50% there

Your goal:
Gold Elite status

You’ve struck gold: Enjoy Gold Elite status with Marriott Rewards®
See Details

Terms and conditions
You’re Registered New rewards await your next stay.
Marriott Rewards® Getaway Bonus

Your Recent Promotions These are over. See how you did.
MegaBonus®

Stays You've Made

Your total:
Free Night Certificate

Your goal:
2 free nights
I'd imagine because Taste is an official promotion that Marriott was sending to a targeted audience and Road is more unofficial for those that request it? That's just my guess...
Old May 29, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Good theory, I'll go with that.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: All of Them
Employer booked around 75 nights for a short-term on-site project in the next 2.5 months. I have no status whatsoever with Marriott, has anybody requested a "Road to Platinum" outright w/ no status?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by bl540611
Employer booked around 75 nights for a short-term on-site project in the next 2.5 months. I have no status whatsoever with Marriott, has anybody requested a "Road to Platinum" outright w/ no status?
I did with Silver status (from the credit card). They can see your reservations when you call, so try it. The only problem is, it's much harder to get the challenge to be nights than stays.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
If he gets the CC he will be platinum by the end of the 2.5 months anyway, right, even without a challenge? That should be 90 nights.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 10:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
status challenge 2014?

looked in the master thread and saw no updates since 2012....just made diamond with hilton and wonder if there is a status challenge I could ask for??
Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2014, 6:55 am

See this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...d-threads.html
Old Jul 5, 2014, 10:35 am

Ok..there are 126 pages in that thread......I am reading and reading but if anyone can share a recent experience with me I would appreciate it
Old Jul 5, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by nlkm9
Ok..there are 126 pages in that thread......I am reading and reading but if anyone can share a recent experience with me I would appreciate it
Start at page 126 (the most recent posts) and work your way backward? Either that or call Marriott and ask. 1-888-236-2427 @:-)
Old Jul 5, 2014, 12:27 pm

Ok, was trying to avoid the call. thanks anyway
Old Jul 6, 2014, 3:17 pm

just got an email back from the elite desk stating how many nights you needed for each level and thanking me for being a member since 2006. No answer as to whether there was a challenge, I will call tomorrow as I was told the folks I need to speak to are unavailable on the weekend...
Old Jul 7, 2014, 12:44 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
In late February, they gave a 9-night challenge to re-achieve Platinum from Gold. Did the 9 nights by the end of May and now Platinum until February 2016.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz
In late February, they gave a 9-night challenge to re-achieve Platinum from Gold. Did the 9 nights by the end of May and now Platinum until February 2016.

thanks--im going to call and ask them, i can certainly meet the requirements.^
Old Jul 7, 2014, 1:15 pm

FYI:
"I apologize to inform you that Taste of Elite challenges are not available.

Marriott Rewards members need to reach 10 nights for the Silver level, 50 nights for the Gold level, or 75 nights for the Platinum level.

To achieve any Elite level, members must stay the required number of nights in a calendar year, January 1 to December 31.

Please visit the following link for additional information concerning Elite membership:

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/elite.mi

Thank you for choosing Marriott.
>>

bummer for me!!
Old Jul 7, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
FYI:
"I apologize to inform you that Taste of Elite challenges are not available.

Marriott Rewards members need to reach 10 nights for the Silver level, 50 nights for the Gold level, or 75 nights for the Platinum level.

To achieve any Elite level, members must stay the required number of nights in a calendar year, January 1 to December 31.

Please visit the following link for additional information concerning Elite membership:

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/elite.mi

Thank you for choosing Marriott.
>>

bummer for me!!
Didn't you already post about receiving this e-mail previously?? Did you e-mail again or call like recommended?

Last edited by lsumegan; Jul 7, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.