Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Certificate expiration

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2018, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
I have a MB certificate expiring on 3/5.. Also have their business CC. Called to check on possibility to extend this cert for a few months and was told that since this is a promotional certificate and not a credit card linked one, it is not possible to extend this. (
Any guidance on how to get this done for MB certificate ?
I recently got an extension on a Category 1-5 MB certificate. I used the on-line chat function in the Marriott web site and told the representative that I wanted to book a room for a date that was a few days past the expiration date. He extended the certificate for six months with no problem. I am a Marriott Gold but I don't know if that mattered in this situation.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by majortom421
I recently got an extension on a Category 1-5 MB certificate. I used the on-line chat function in the Marriott web site and told the representative that I wanted to book a room for a date that was a few days past the expiration date. He extended the certificate for six months with no problem. I am a Marriott Gold but I don't know if that mattered in this situation.
This worked, thanks for the advice
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:29 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Has anybody done this since the merger?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by majortom421
I used the on-line chat function in the Marriott web site

1) Is the online chat function still available on the Marriott web site? I can't seem to find it. I've sent emails to them but have not had a response since I sent them a week+ ago.
2) I've been trying to contact Marriott regarding using my annual free night from Chase Visa. I, embarrassingly, have been caught off guard regarding the new value of the free night. I thought it was worth 35,000 points but now see it is worth 25,000 points. Is there any way that I can apply the annual free night to a 35,000 point stay and pay the difference between the free night value of 25,000 points with cash or points in my account?

Thanks
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:59 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by iowa guy
1) Is the online chat function still available on the Marriott web site? I can't seem to find it. I've sent emails to them but have not had a response since I sent them a week+ ago.
Thanks
I am in the same boat. Have a certificate expiring in 2 weeks and need to get that extended.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 3:15 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
I am in the same boat. Have a certificate expiring in 2 weeks and need to get that extended.

Please post back with how this works out. We could do with some recent DP's
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by soy
Please post back with how this works out. We could do with some recent DP's
My cert was expiring next week and called the Rewards number. Very helpful rep called a hotel I wanted to book but no availability so she had the expiration date pushed back for a year. Checked my acct and the cert is now good until Nov 2019.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:32 am

Hopefully this thread is for the Travel package 7 nights certificate. I have the new Category 1-4 certificate for 7 nights which expires in September 2019. Am I able to extend it for another year? I probably won't be using it till early 2020.

thanks
Old Dec 15, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by iowa guy
2) I've been trying to contact Marriott regarding using my annual free night from Chase Visa. I, embarrassingly, have been caught off guard regarding the new value of the free night. I thought it was worth 35,000 points but now see it is worth 25,000 points. Is there any way that I can apply the annual free night to a 35,000 point stay and pay the difference between the free night value of 25,000 points with cash or points in my account?
Thanks
I'm also looking for the chat button and I also assumed my CAT5 cert was worth 35,000pts but it now says 25,000. Is there a way of adding the remaining 10000 points from the account?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Any recent DP's on extending Free night certs? I have a free night 60k cert expiring in a few months
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
If you've extended an old cat 1-5 cert once, is near expiry once more (as a new cat 1-4), possible to extend again?

In the past the answer was always no, am curious if merger has made any difference. Was told once they can talk to properties about accepting a lower level cert and you pay the difference.

Also, can you simply book by the expiry date, or must the cert itself be valid upon check-in?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
I'm in the same predicament as a few of you here. Not too happy that my certificate is only worth 25K now vs the Category 1-5 value that was originally stated. Trying to find a hotel within driving distance of St. Louis over Presidents Day weekend to use this now as I am due to expire in early April and we already have Spring Break plans. Just looking to use two of these (one from credit card and another from Megabonus that I have already extended once) for a quick weekend stay somewhere. If anyone here has suggestions for a spot, I'm all ears!
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:25 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Originally Posted by msp3
If you've extended an old cat 1-5 cert once, is near expiry once more (as a new cat 1-4), possible to extend again?

In the past the answer was always no, am curious if merger has made any difference. Was told once they can talk to properties about accepting a lower level cert and you pay the difference.

Also, can you simply book by the expiry date, or must the cert itself be valid upon check-in?
Data point from my spouse. Had a cat 1-5 certificate that was expiring 1/3/19. Called to extend and they said it had been extended once. The rep said she was unable to extend it but would forward it to her supervisor to see if they could do it as a courtesy. They said it would take up to a week and if it was extended the certificate would show online as with the new expiration date. Nothing happen and we wound up booking a night just to burn it.

edited to add she was a gold member with 40 nights
msp3 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
I'm in the same predicament as a few of you here. Not too happy that my certificate is only worth 25K now vs the Category 1-5 value that was originally stated. Trying to find a hotel within driving distance of St. Louis over Presidents Day weekend to use this now as I am due to expire in early April and we already have Spring Break plans. Just looking to use two of these (one from credit card and another from Megabonus that I have already extended once) for a quick weekend stay somewhere. If anyone here has suggestions for a spot, I'm all ears!
I called asking whether I could add a further 10k pts and make a cat5 reservartion and was told that's not possible. If anyone has heard differently, I'd love to know.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:45 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Supposedly there was a short period where people were able to upgrade their old night certificates to meet the new point requirements, but that time has come and gone (it was an exception that existed for a short time). Sorry, stuck with what you have!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.