Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott rewards transferring to Continental

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2011, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

I'm looking at transferring my Marriott points to continental to try to bring my status up on continental. My question is how long will this generally take? I know there is a fee to expedite the process but don't know how much that is or how much faster it is. I'm in a time crunch because I'm flying across country on the 18th and would love to try to get out of my middle seats! Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
Old Dec 14, 2011, 12:58 am

Transferring points to CO won't help you get status.

Status is earned by Elite Qualification Miles (EQM's), and what you're talking about are Redeemable Miles (RDM's). No transfers into CO (Marriott, Chase, formerly AMEX) count as EQM's.

The only way to get EQM's is to fly or thru select credit cards.

Oh, and welcome to FT!
Old Dec 14, 2011, 6:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by powaygolfer
I'm in a time crunch because I'm flying across country on the 18th and would love to try to get out of my middle seats! Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
You can purchase an Extra Leg Room (ELR) seat, those are the same seats that elites can pick from.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.