Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New mobile app on the phone

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2014, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, Marriott Platinum, ...

I just opened up the Marriott mobile and it seems to be completely revamped. Looks slick, but it's incredibly slow... it takes like 30-40 seconds to respond to any kind of command... did they put a ZX-81 in as a server?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I had to force both the iPhone and iPad app to show my reservations.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC, Hyatt Discoverist , Marriott Titanium
Seems to be working fine for me today. It's a great improvement over the old app! I hope this new one will keep me signed in all the time. Having to re-sign in every time on the old one was rather annoying most of the time.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
It doesn't allow pasting password into the login field. Which is very annoying and became unusable. I have a 20 character capital/lower/digit combination in my password management software.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
I installed it and it wouldn't run; it just stalled in the process of loading. I uninstalled it and re-installed it and now it works. I'll reserve judgment on it until I actually use it for something.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just tried to logon for the first time with the new app and it said session expired. 2nd try worked.

The old app's login was a pain as you need to re-enter the password a lot of the time and both the user/account# + password after updates. Then you have to make it remember you and it always asks for confirmation. Hopefully this one is not as bad on this front. It is not practical to have to enter your password in public places frequently.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: MR PP & LT Plat, HH Diamond, WN A+ and CP, Avis First, National E+
Originally Posted by username
I just tried to logon for the first time with the new app and it said session expired. 2nd try worked.

The old app's login was a pain as you need to re-enter the password a lot of the time and both the user/account# + password after updates. Then you have to make it remember you and it always asks for confirmation. Hopefully this one is not as bad on this front. It is not practical to have to enter your password in public places frequently.
Based on my first 24 hours with the app, the frustrating logout problem noted above is fixed. Thanks, Marriott.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by sleasure
Based on my first 24 hours with the app, the frustrating logout problem noted above is fixed. Thanks, Marriott.
+1^

Nice to not have to enter all the information every time. New App looks nice.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:18 pm

Still doesn't seem to have a way to get the card onto Passbook (iOS) unlike SPG, Hilton, Hyatt...
Old Dec 10, 2014, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drowelf
+1^

Nice to not have to enter all the information every time. New App looks nice.
Yes, this is definitely much more usable on this front.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:17 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Still useless for Windows phone users

I was glad to see an updated version a few weeks ago for the Windows phone, but sadly, despite it being an improvement, they still did not add the mobile check-in function to it. So rather useless (in my opinion) as that is one of the main functions I would expect on the mobile version (as they have been promoting it so heavily).

For me I am still waiting for a better improvement.....
Old Dec 23, 2014, 4:28 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K

Good improvement

Only "bug" I can see is that it lists me as "Platinum Premier Elite", rather than "Platinum Elite" in the "details" screen
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got my new Platinum Kit and there was no card in it, says you have to have the app to have a card. Don't they know not everyone has a smartphone with apps? Yes, I have a smartphone with apps, but not everyone does. I know lots of people without smartphones that stay at hotels and have status.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 3:11 pm

I never noticed this on the old app so I don't know if it's always been this way but on the Android version of the new app the number of nights and the point balance lags behind. Right now the app shows 19 fewer nights than the website for me. Basically it looks like it's not showing anything that's posted in December. I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: MR PP & LT Plat, HH Diamond, WN A+ and CP, Avis First, National E+
Originally Posted by driggity
I never noticed this on the old app so I don't know if it's always been this way but on the Android version of the new app the number of nights and the point balance lags behind. Right now the app shows 19 fewer nights than the website for me. Basically it looks like it's not showing anything that's posted in December. I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this.
The version of the app for the iPhone stays up to date along with the website IME. Not sure about Android.

Last edited by sleasure; Dec 23, 2014 at 3:55 pm Reason: Typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.