Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Gift Card promos [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Gift Card promos [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2011, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by mooper
I believe I've already included links to the T&Cs, a summary of terms, and warnings about the issue you raise in the original post. Anything specific you suggest I add? Note that cash back typically takes anywhere from days to weeks to show up, but you should follow up with your documentation if the recommended period has passed.
I know that the T&C stated very clearly but it would be nice if you could put it in the actual thread. I didn't check the T&C because I was too careless

Also since I live outside the US, postage is USD 19.95 - and that's why I was thinking about order as big an amount as possible and overlooked the max 25K pts thing.

I can see on my cash back page that the page to the gift cards are tracked so I really think that they should be able to see it.

Once again - great job Mooper!
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:27 am

Counsellor - Any further information on the topic mentioned in my post #21, above? Your help is greatly appreciated, as is anyone else who can help verify that matter.
Nothing new from me. My next stay is in a couple weeks, but I'll still leave a residue to pay with my MR VISA "just in case".

Maybe someone else who is a bit braver than I?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:19 am

Though not offer related, Marriott seems to have recently activated the "Register Your Card" feature in the last few days on https://gifts.marriott.com/default.aspx if you want to track your card balance and/or report it lost/stolen.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 9:40 am

-delete-

Last edited by N_Phoenix; Dec 16, 2011 at 12:39 pm
Old Dec 28, 2011, 7:21 pm

Has anyone had BigCrumbs show the cashback in their account?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 1:02 am

Programs: MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by vrbaba
Has anyone had BigCrumbs show the cashback in their account?
I bought 2000 worth of gc's through BigCrumbs a month back and still no record of the transaction in my BC account. Although fatwallet's percentage is little less, it is more reliable and prompt customer support for missing credit inquiries - if any
Old Dec 29, 2011, 7:54 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by dongrilla
I bought 2000 worth of gc's through BigCrumbs a month back and still no record of the transaction in my BC account. Although fatwallet's percentage is little less, it is more reliable and prompt customer support for missing credit inquiries - if any
See notes above RE cash back. There should be no difference in performance amongst cash back providers stemming from what they do... Problems are almost always related to incompatible offers, failed affiliate program reporting, or consumer errors with cookies. If the cookie tracking is showing up in your account, I suggest simply notifying BC support of your order details and the T&Cs specifying comparability and see what you get back. Also be sure to check on the required wait time for transaction posting, which is several weeks (happens on the affiliate program side, not the cash back provider's).

There are other threads covering BigCrumbs and other cash back programs. Would prefer to keep this one focused on Marriott tricks and promos. Anyone aware of new items I can add to the master post? Happy New Year! Let's hope it is filled with promos galore.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:46 am

There are other threads covering BigCrumbs and other cash back programs. Would prefer to keep this one focused on Marriott tricks and promos. Anyone aware of new items I can add to the master post? Happy New Year! Let's hope it is filled with promos galore.
Maybe a link to a thread discussing BigCrumbs would be helpful in the OP.

BTW, for a $1000 GC, what do you think is worth more - $100 extra or 10k Marriott points. Its very close in value, but I took the $100 last couple of times since most of the 30k hotels can be had for less than $300.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:11 am
Suspended

Both BigCrumbs and now Mr. Rebates indicate that for Marriott hotel stays, negotiated rates will not yield a CashBack savings.

It has been my experience that you get no CashBack from Big Crumbs for AAA rates booked thru their site, and this likely will now be the case for Mr. Rebates, as well -- although if some of you know a definitive answer to this post it.

However, I do believe that if one goes thru MyPoints -- which yields 2 MyPoints per $ spent at a Marriott, one obtains those points even if a AAA or other negotiated rate is used.

NJ
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Both BigCrumbs and now Mr. Rebates indicate that for Marriott hotel stays, negotiated rates will not yield a CashBack savings.

It has been my experience that you get no CashBack from Big Crumbs for AAA rates booked thru their site, and this likely will now be the case for Mr. Rebates, as well -- although if some of you know a definitive answer to this post it.

However, I do believe that if one goes thru MyPoints -- which yields 2 MyPoints per $ spent at a Marriott, one obtains those points even if a AAA or other negotiated rate is used.

NJ
I got fatwallet cashback (1.75%) for Marriott stays on Company rate. Booked the hotel on best available rate on marriott.com, called customer care got company rate applied still got the cashback, pretty good deal for me.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:46 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by vrbaba
Maybe a link to a thread discussing BigCrumbs would be helpful in the OP.

BTW, for a $1000 GC, what do you think is worth more - $100 extra or 10k Marriott points. Its very close in value, but I took the $100 last couple of times since most of the 30k hotels can be had for less than $300.
I think this is the best thread discussing BC problems, but if you know of another/better, please share. I hesitate to put it in the OP unless I include also links to problems with other cash back providers, because again, most issues are related to incompatible purchases, user error, affiliate posting problems, or other things not attributable to the cash back provider itself. Don't want to imply that Big Crumbs is more prone to these things than others.. they post for me as consistently as FatWallet or anyone else.

Cash bonus promo versus points bonus depends purely upon the value you assign to your MRPs. That varies by individual, largely based upon how you use them. If you redeem 30K for $300 nights (per your example), then you're better off with the cash. However, if you do as I do and save up and redeem for 270K Travel Packages stacked with Delta/USAirways and other transfer promos and redeem to replace purchases you would have made with cash otherwise, you can easily achieve 1.5 to 2 cents per point. For me, the point bonus is more appealing. For others, it might be Hertz.

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR

Precisely. Special rates are excluded according to the terms, so be careful and don't assume they'll work with cash back. Never hurts to *try* cash back, but if you are counting on it, always be sure your rate qualifies and that your track your cookie and purchase properly in case of later posting issues.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I'm still waiting for my rebates for $3k GC purchase through hoopla doopla. They haven't got a reply from Marriott.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 5:00 am

My big crumbs cashback showed up today for a purchase made last night. The only difference is that I used IE instead of Firefox a few weeks ago, which still hasn't shown up in my account.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 5:10 am

When I purchased the gift card using code MMF, the notation showed in my cart but the total of the card did not reflect the bonus. I'm assuming it will show up on the card itself. For others that have purchased this gift card using the bonus 10%, is that correct? Thanks
Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Carolellen607
When I purchased the gift card using code MMF, the notation showed in my cart but the total of the card did not reflect the bonus. I'm assuming it will show up on the card itself. For others that have purchased this gift card using the bonus 10%, is that correct? Thanks
Yes, that is correct. You will see a line item for 10% bonus, but the card value will stay at the original price on the invoice.

When you receive the gift card, it will come with a total value of 110% on it. e.g. gift card will have $1100 for a $1000 purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.