Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott has eliminated the all-inclusive reward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott has eliminated the all-inclusive reward

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2011, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Wow, major negative . If it was too expensive for Marriott to continue this at least they should of increased the points rather than entirely eliminate it.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
OK, it sucks. But at least my heart is beating again knowing its not the Travel packages that are gone.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
OK, it sucks. But at least my heart is beating again knowing its not the Travel packages that are gone.
...Yet.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 2:28 pm

Seriously Marriott have you learned nothing from the past? Why do you continue to treat your members with no regard! A little notice would have been nice and very much appreciated!

Marriott you could learn a thing or two about member communications from SPG @:-)
Old Oct 19, 2011, 2:54 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by yul lite
The AI package was for certain Caribbean, Mexico and Costa Rica resorts. Essentially there were two Tiers, and an option for 5 nights or 7 nights. Most food and beverages were included for two adults and two 12 and unders. It could ONLY be booked in conjunction with an award stay at the same property.

As an example, 5 nights food and beverage for 70,000 points at a Tier 1. That is on top of the points required for the room.

A very good deal for some.

to Marriott for this change.
Thanks for the explanation of AI ^
Old Oct 19, 2011, 3:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Marriott needed to discontinue the Program so they could have money to spend on outside marketing firms to advise them on how to enhance and improve the "My Accounts" section of the website.

Newman
Old Oct 19, 2011, 3:40 pm

Programs: aa advantage, marriott rewards
I really don't understand why anyone would want to eat hotel food for 5-7 days straight. It is totally incomprehensible to me why anyone would pay for the privilege of doing it.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by imverge
Seriously Marriott have you learned nothing from the past? Why do you continue to treat your members with no regard! A little notice would have been nice and very much appreciated!

Marriott you could learn a thing or two about member communications from SPG @:-)
+1.

We all need wake-up calls to remind us that this is all essentially funny money and could wake up one morning to holding absolutely nothing... Especially since they don't seem to care about the reactions to their actions. What kind a clown is running the show there?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
to the elimination without any advance notice. And this is a devaluation of points in customer accounts.

Given what Hilton has gotten away with, it's not really surprising that Marriott thinks it can get away with a devaluation too.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 4:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Newman
Marriott needed to discontinue the Program so they could have money to spend on outside marketing firms to advise them on how to enhance and improve the "My Accounts" section of the website.

Newman
LOL. It would be a lot easier if they tried to improve functionality instead of remove it with each update.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 6:06 pm

I was trying to stay at as many Marriotts as possible to get an all inclusive vacation. Thanks for making the decision to switch to Hyatt that much easier. A heads up would have been nice. Very substantial devaluation and poor decision!!
Old Oct 19, 2011, 7:55 pm

That's a fairly random cut. I'm a big fan of the AI concept at Marriott....in my opinion (and yes, I know there are differing perspectives), Marriott AI works well because the hotels are not "engineered" for AI. In other words, normal AI hotels (where everyone is AI) generally feature huge quantities of mediocre food/bev where many people confuse quantity with quality. Marriott resorts would have anywhere from 5-15% of people on AI. In other words, the staff generally knew the rules, but it didn't impact the product. PERFECT.

As someone who has used this is in four locations with my family, cutting this stinks. I wonder if the whole thing has been canned or just the point redemption component? Typically, the hotels offer a per per per day rate of around $140 to take any rate to AI. I wonder if that will still be in place.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
48 nights this year. I was hoping to save all my points for an AI Vacation in the Caribbean winter 2012. Cancelled all my Marriott reservations for the rest of the year and I'm going to re-focus my stays on SPG and IHG for other uses.

Sad.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

I got totally confusion now. This morning I call again. After talk with the supervise. They did order the travlepackage for me. But they told me "You have to use the 7 night certificate ASAP, Since the hotel will don't accept the certificate reservation shortly". I said "thank you the reminder". And end the call.

After two hours later the guy call back to me. He suggest me to cancle the order, Since the hotel don't accept the certificate reservation right now.

What should I do now?

Marriott did change it? Or the China call center need more training?

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Hello all,

To help clear up some confusion, The All Inclusive Reward has been discontinued as of Oct. 17th.

The Travel Package Rewards are not gone and can still be ordered.

Kind regards,

Marie
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think they are confused. IS the 7 night cert in your account online? You should be able to see it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.