Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott has eliminated the all-inclusive reward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2011, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Just finish the call with China marriott call centor.
The trackpackge redeem has been cloes by 17 OCT 2011.

Points devaluation!!!!
Old Oct 18, 2011, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Wonder if this is true for the US? I do not think so.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/morepack.mi

If yes--agree this is significant devaluation of a major perk.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 9:43 pm

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
With no notice??? Marriott wouldn't do that....would they?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 9:16 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier, SPG Plat, Delta Skymiles Silver Medallion
I see the airline miles/hotel combo, but I'm not seeing the All Inclusive packages anymore - is this something new or am I just looking in the wrong place?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Saw the all inclusive packages yesterday, not today.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:32 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Hello all,

To help clear up some confusion, The All Inclusive Reward has been discontinued as of Oct. 17th.

The Travel Package Rewards are not gone and can still be ordered.

Kind regards,

Marie
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Premier
Losing the All Inclusive Reward is terrible. A little notice from Marriott would have been nice.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:15 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
Honestly, what happend to informing members about changes in the program? First Hilton and their premium rooms now Marriott
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier, SPG Plat, Delta Skymiles Silver Medallion
I guess you can still book the AI package as a room rate and use the Marriott checks, but there seems to be a huge difference in points.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:02 pm

Programs: OnePass Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Hello all,

To help clear up some confusion, The All Inclusive Reward has been discontinued as of Oct. 17th.

The Travel Package Rewards are not gone and can still be ordered.

Kind regards,

Marie
Can someone clarify the difference between the All Inclusive rewards vs the Travel Package?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:06 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by leejl01
Can someone clarify the difference between the All Inclusive rewards vs the Travel Package?
+1 - thank you.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:19 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum,
The AI package was for certain Caribbean, Mexico and Costa Rica resorts. Essentially there were two Tiers, and an option for 5 nights or 7 nights. Most food and beverages were included for two adults and two 12 and unders. It could ONLY be booked in conjunction with an award stay at the same property.

As an example, 5 nights food and beverage for 70,000 points at a Tier 1. That is on top of the points required for the room.

A very good deal for some.

to Marriott for this change.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, the AI was only avaible at 7 resorts I believe. But the people who liked it, relaly liked it.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: Avis First, Hertz Gold, Marriott Platinum, US Airways Platinum, AA Platinum, UA Silver, Hilton Diamo
Seems to be par for the course .... these companies know we still have to travel and we have to stay somewhere so what do they care? If they all do away with some of the benefits, we have no choice but to pick between evils. Next thing you know the travel packages will either a.) disappear entirely, or b.) increase the # of points required similar to early 2008.

IMHO
Old Oct 19, 2011, 12:28 pm

So much for cherishing your customers!

to Marriott for not notifying its members! So much for saving up the points for a grand AI trip with the family!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.