Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott has eliminated the all-inclusive reward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott has eliminated the all-inclusive reward

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Smile

Yes, It existed in my account.
Now the reservation call center is not problem to book it for my vacation at Dec.

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I think they are confused. IS the 7 night cert in your account online? You should be able to see it.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 7:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Hello all,

To help clear up some confusion, The All Inclusive Reward has been discontinued as of Oct. 17th.

The Travel Package Rewards are not gone and can still be ordered.

Kind regards,

Marie
Wow, that sucks. Did one this year and wanted to do one next year as well. A little notice would have been nice. I'm really disappointed at the changes Marriott has rolled out this fall, makes me really question why I should be loyal to this chain.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by njcommodore
makes me really question why I should be loyal to this chain.

Remain as loyal to them as they are to you!

I have (HAD) a reservation for this Thanksgiving booked for Cancun. I had 2 rooms, taking my parents, and wanted to use AI. As you NEVER KNOW what may happen...ie-hurricane-I decided NOT to get the certs yet. I only have the rooms reserved-without the certs for the rooms or AI.

I have since just made a reservation at the Hyatt. Their passport escape will allow me 5 nights, 5 bfasts, 3 all you want dinners. This also means the next 3 weeks stays are now moving to Hyatt to go after their fall promo instead of accumulating MR nights. MR!
Old Oct 20, 2011, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Very bad form to implement this with no advance warning.

Cheers.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 9:27 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
If Marriott can cancel the AI award with no notice, what's next? They could also cancel the travel packages, change hotel categories and devalue points with no notice.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:11 am

Off to SPG

Good thing I saw this as the AI was the only reason I was collecting points. At least now I can close my Chase Marriott and free up room for another Chase card.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:29 am

Sheesh, this really sucks.

I have a trip planned to St. Kitts in the spring (room already reserved with points). I was waiting to build up some more points before ordering the AI.

Now, I'll probably switch over to the Hilton for a spring getaway.

Really, really ticks me off we weren't given any notice.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:50 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Hi all,

For those of you who have an existing reservation with plans to use the All Inclusive package, the AI reward will be honored for your stay. So this would be for an existing 5 or 7 night redemption reservation booked prior to Oct. 17, 2011 at one of the AI participating properties. The reward does have to be requested and issued on your account by January 17, 2012.

I hope this helps those who were planning to use the reward for an upcoming stay.

Kind regards,

Marie
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by jtp1947
If Marriott can cancel the AI award with no notice, what's next? They could also (snip) change hotel categories and devalue points with no notice.
Pretty sure that's been done multiple times in the past...
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA, SPG, Hilton, Mrt., PC, Hertz
Wow! Small concesion. How about those of us who have been saving and planning and just not booked? Why would you have not given us some notice?????
For those of you who have an existing reservation with plans to use the All Inclusive package, the AI reward will be honored for your stay. So this would be for an existing 5 or 7 night redemption reservation booked prior to Oct. 17, 2011 at one of the AI participating properties. The reward does have to be requested and issued on your account by January 17, 2012.

I hope this helps those who were planning to use the reward for an upcoming stay.

Kind regards,

Marie

Last edited by bdschobel; Oct 21, 2011 at 6:37 am Reason: fixed quote coding
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL PM
I have an AI reservation at the St Kitts resort for January. When I read this news here on FT, I checked my reservation details online and now there is no mention of the AI part, just my 5 night reservation. I called to check and after sitting on hold for awhile, I was told that the AI is still on the reservation, "but we can't see it."

I sure hope I don't run into any issues when I check in.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Hi all,

Kind regards,

Marie
Any chance of giving us until the end of the month to book everything?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
Very disappointing. I was working on getting enough points for my first AI stay...
Old Oct 20, 2011, 2:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier & Lifetime Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz Gold
I have been saving my points to take several AI vacations upon my retirement over the next couple of years. This is a huge disappointment to me!
Old Oct 20, 2011, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
Oh wow. I was hoping to save some points to do the AI option at St Kitts next year and puff, it's gone. I can't do the air+hotel because I fly exclusively AA, which is not listed on that page. Sad. Who makes these decisions? And to not let customers know? Is it because of the bashing Marriott got because they announced no BOGOs for fall? Geez

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.