Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

What's the most luxurious Marriott property regardless of location?

Old Oct 3, 11, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Marriott Platinum, *Wood Gold, National Exec.

I'm a Gold member looking to use 120k points to book a cat 6 stay for 5 nights somewhere. I could also save up a bit more for a cat 7. Last year I used 120k points for 5 nights at the JW in Rio over New Year's so have already done that. Great trip BTW. Otherwise I'm up to go anywhere in the world. What are some of their best properties?

Thanks for the tips.
Old Oct 3, 11, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL, UAL, SWA, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver
Stayed at the Marriott Wailea (Maui) for 5 nights for about that many Points It's not a JW or a Ritz but I would definitely stay there again. Enjoy.
Old Oct 3, 11, 7:23 pm

Programs: Southwest A-list PREF, MR Plt Premier
Grand Rapids has a great JW if you are looking to stay on the cheap. It has a really nice downtown and the summer weather is terrific.
Old Oct 3, 11, 7:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
My vote is JW Phuket. Wonderful rooms, pools, service, grounds.
Old Oct 3, 11, 8:59 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
The Marriott in Berlin is one of my favorites. Excellent location at Potsdammer Platz. Very nice concierge lounge.
Old Oct 3, 11, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Some of these responses are not answering the question. For example, the Marriott in Wailea is in a magnificent location, but the facility is far from luxurious.

Clearly using your points at a Ritz would get you in most instances a considerable degree of luxury,

Since you wisely IMHO do not want to use your points for very few nights at a Ritz, seriously consider a JW property, which Marriott tries to position as "near luxury", but will give you a bigger bang for the buck.

The JW in Phuket is really good, not least because Thai service is exceptional. Ditto the JW properties in Hong Kong and Shanghai--near luxury and excellent service one is far more likely to find in Asia. The JW in Guanacaste, Costa Rica is also very good, especially if you can get a beachfront room.

Last edited by travelexpert; Oct 5, 11 at 3:59 am
Old Oct 4, 11, 3:38 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
I looked at the JW Guanacaste but transportation to/from airport/hotel seems expensive. Website says its approx $120 each way by taxi!
Old Oct 4, 11, 5:13 am

Programs: Delta - Plat, Marriott - Platinum, Starwood - Gold
Originally Posted by Uh Clem View Post
The Marriott in Berlin is one of my favorites. Excellent location at Potsdammer Platz. Very nice concierge lounge.
+1. I agree! I was shocked how accommodating they were, and the lounge, open 7 days a week, provided AMAZING meals.
Old Oct 5, 11, 4:01 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by living near shamu View Post
I looked at the JW Guanacaste but transportation to/from airport/hotel seems expensive. Website says its approx $120 each way by taxi!
If I remember correctly, it's well over an hour drive--small portion on dirt road.

Check with the hotel--they may be able to get you a roundtrip for less than $240.

It's worth the expense--the hotel and location are spectacular. But somewhat isolated. Check out some of the posts about this property....
Old Oct 5, 11, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Proud to hold MUCCI status, Fans of MO, Marriott
I agree that the Marriott Berlin is a very good property, but it's not really answering the question about the most luxurious one.
Old Oct 5, 11, 8:50 am

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
Originally Posted by Grande Annee View Post
I agree that the Marriott Berlin is a very good property, but it's not really answering the question about the most luxurious one.
True but it is one of the nicer CAT 6 Marriotts and just as luxurious as some of the JWs out there. On top of that it's in one of the best locations of one of the best cities in the world.
Old Oct 5, 11, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, Proud to hold MUCCI status, Fans of MO, Marriott
True but it is one of the nicer CAT 6 Marriotts and just as luxurious as some of the JWs out there. On top of that it's in one of the best locations of one of the best cities in the world.
Well if you put it like that then I agree , and yes it is definitely much better than the last JW that I stayed in.
Old Oct 5, 11, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker View Post
Emphatic +1!
Old Oct 5, 11, 1:38 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker View Post
+1 ^
Old Oct 5, 11, 5:07 pm

Programs: marriott rewards, star alliance
Thumbs up

another resounding ^ for the jw in phuket..such an exceptional property, if a little isolated..bear in mind that its a resort, so no concierge lounge

Search this Thread