Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about? (MR version)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about? (MR version)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2013, 6:09 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
Originally Posted by joshua362
We all have our strengths, writing for clarity doesn't appear to be one of yours!
Actually, that's performance anxiety. Everyone has it sometimes, even writing teachers.

SCEflyer, you're actually correct that it's mostly a family issue and I shouldn't have mentioned it. Furthermore, I only eat bacon at Marriott buffets, so I manage to stay away from it most of the time.
Old May 22, 2015, 8:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
When I checked in at the Marriott Houston North earlier this month they gave me an Elite key card.

I don't have any status!
Old May 22, 2015, 10:17 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by CMK10
When I checked in at the Marriott Houston North earlier this month they gave me an Elite key card.

I don't have any status!
That seems more like something absurd we elites should complain about. As in, "The value of my platinum status is being diluted because the hotel gave CMK10 an undeserved elite key!!!"
Old May 23, 2015, 4:31 am

Interesting

I don't have any status!
First complaint in 2 years!!!
Old May 23, 2015, 8:54 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; LGL31L/V100 Build/KOT49I.L31L10d) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/30.0.1599.103 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by briantroutman
In this particular instance, my complaint is needing to use the room key in elevator for concierge levels.

Most uncomfortable moment in a hotel—ever—in my life at Marriott Sacramento (Rancho Cordova): My wife and I (young, caucasian) board the elevator alongside an elderly black couple. They hit "4", and it lights up. I hit "11"—nothing happens. Hit "11" again. Nothing happens. Then I realize there's a card scanner next to the keypad, so I swipe my "ELITE MEMBER" room key, and "11" lights up. Elderly black man, who looks like he's had a rough life, faces me and says "Guess you have to be special to be on that floor."

I felt so low, I could have slid out under the doors.
What were you embarrassed about? That you travel for work and earned Marriott status on your employer's dime instead earning status by spending your personal funds?
Old May 23, 2015, 9:45 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by briantroutman
Most uncomfortable moment in a hotel—ever—in my life at Marriott Sacramento (Rancho Cordova): My wife and I (young, caucasian) board the elevator alongside an elderly black couple. They hit "4", and it lights up. I hit "11"—nothing happens. Hit "11" again. Nothing happens. Then I realize there's a card scanner next to the keypad, so I swipe my "ELITE MEMBER" room key, and "11" lights up. Elderly black man, who looks like he's had a rough life, faces me and says "Guess you have to be special to be on that floor."

I felt so low, I could have slid out under the doors.
I've heard something similar many times. My reply is either, "No, just lucky." or "No, just spend a lot of nights in hotels."
Old May 23, 2015, 10:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
[SIZE=1]
What were you embarrassed about? That you travel for work and earned Marriott status on your employer's dime instead earning status by spending your personal funds?
Are you embarrassed about making assumptions?

Originally Posted by dayone
I've heard something similar many times. My reply is either, "No, just lucky." or "No, just spend a lot of nights in hotels."
That's basically my reply too.

Cheers.
Old May 23, 2015, 12:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
That seems more like something absurd we elites should complain about. As in, "The value of my platinum status is being diluted because the hotel gave CMK10 an undeserved elite key!!!"
Good! If a hotel chain is giving elite keycards to DYKWIAs like me who haven't even earned them, you need to complain!

Hope no one minds that I bumped this up, I saw it linked in another thread and I felt it was time to come back.
Old May 23, 2015, 6:29 pm

Good! If a hotel chain is giving elite keycards to DYKWIAs like me who haven't even earned them, you need to complain!

Hope no one minds that I bumped this up, I saw it linked in another thread and I felt it was time to come back.
I don't mind.

Just found it interesting or should I say unusual around here that no one had anything to complain about for over 2 years!
Old May 23, 2015, 9:19 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Just found it interesting or should I say unusual around here that no one had anything to complain about for over 2 years!
Well, this thread is about the "stupidest, least substantive" things we can complain about. Perhaps in the past 2 years we've had an abundance of meaningful problems to keep us occupied.
Old May 24, 2015, 6:02 am

When I have to make three booking over one stay to get the best rate.
Old May 24, 2015, 6:20 am

Also, at the JW Marriott in SF, they offer free complementary clothes dry cleaning. I didn't know until the second day that socks were included!
Old May 24, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by dayone
My response is "Yes, I rode a short bus."
Old May 24, 2015, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
When a FD ask me "is it your first time visiting this hotel?"even though we have been there many times;

When a FD assuming that I'm a regular of that hotel which I'm not.

Last edited by nacho; May 24, 2015 at 2:24 pm
Old May 24, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by nacho
When a FD ask me "is it your first time visiting this hotel?"even though we have been there many times.
Trust me. It's worse when they say, "Welcome Back" and you have no memory of having been there before, even after you are told the date of your previous stay.

Stupidest: It bothers me that my computer goes back to the hotel's home page after returning to the Internet after a five minute break from being online. Granted, when I started traveling for work, there was not Internet, until we had dial-up over the phone, followed by ethernet connections, and we did not have cell phones so while we were on the Internet with dial-up, we couldn't talk on the phone, so the few seconds to bypass the home page shouldn't be an issue for me, but it is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.