Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about? (MR version)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about? (MR version)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Not having a whipped cream at CL when you have a waffle iron and strawberries to go with it!
Old Nov 5, 2011, 8:52 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
When housekeeping arranges my toiletries form their usual scattered about the vanity to very neatly lined up and toothbrush placed in a hand towel, man is this annoying!!
Old Nov 6, 2011, 1:05 am

Programs: AA lifetime gold, Marriott Plat.
Exclamation

Being told we do not put a box of kleenex in the bathroom usually
Old Apr 7, 2013, 9:28 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
Unsubstantive Marriott Complaints?

I thought there was already a thread for these, but I searched using three different terms and couldn't find a thread on unsubstantive Marriott complaints for the entire time I've been on this board.

Last night I stayed with my parents at the PVD FS Marriott and it took a half hour for the bacon to be refilled at the buffet this morning. Yes, a half hour for bacon!

On another token, I wanted to stay at the Renaissance, which is much closer to downtown, but my father refused to stay there because he didn't want to pay for parking. That wasn't annoying on the face of it, but my family has a notorious lack of decision-making skill. We parked outside the Renaissance for 20 minutes, debating, then called the PLT line and switched the reservation, drove into the Ren parking lot, got pissed off, and ended up getting lost on the way back to the FS and had to remake the reservation in the FS parking lot.

Sometimes I think my father's a member here, since he's Marriott LT PLT and has a Delta Gold card and types in airport codes. I hope he's not, because he'd recognize himself in this post...
Old Apr 7, 2013, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
This what you were looking for?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...r-version.html
Old Apr 8, 2013, 3:21 am
Suspended

Good find!
Old Apr 8, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: LTP, PP
We all have our strengths, writing for clarity doesn't appear to be one of yours!

Yes, a 1/2 hour wait for bacon is a VALID or SUBSTANTIVE complaint that should have been voiced when onsite. I too find restocking of various items can be slow at time, often if you ask it appears much faster. Then again, I've encountered attitude as well as in "this is all we've got and I'm not getting any more bananas" (Key West Marriott, this is directed at you...)

I hate paying for parking (personally) and probably have done penny wise - pound foolish things in the past too.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 6:55 am

Sorry for a duplicate post.

Last edited by SCEflyer; Apr 8, 2013 at 7:08 am Reason: Duplicate entry.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 7:06 am

Was your ire caused by the lack of bacon on the buffet, or the way your family handled the matter of where to stay? If it is the latter, that is not a Marriott
problem, but rather something that needs to be addressed within your family group. You could have avoided the matter of where to stay entirely, by simply offering to pay the parking fee at the Ren for your Dad with your own money.

You appear to be fairly young. I suggest that you might want to step back and condition yourself, to not get so highly agitated over things like the lack of bacon on a buffet. You will live longer and happier.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Originally Posted by SCEflyer
You appear to be fairly young. I suggest that you might want to step back and condition yourself, to not get so highly agitated over things like the lack of bacon on a buffet. You will live longer and happier.
Come to think of it...the lack of bacon might help you live longer. Though not necessarily happier...
Old Apr 8, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: None - previously UA
I was at a Residence Inn about 2 years ago and a large family literally cleared out a nearly full bacon tray ahead of me, they each took about 10 pieces. It wasn't half an hour until it was refilled - but sometimes it happens.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 1:25 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Southwest A-List, Hertz 5*
In this particular instance, my complaint is needing to use the room key in elevator for concierge levels.

Most uncomfortable moment in a hotel—ever—in my life at Marriott Sacramento (Rancho Cordova): My wife and I (young, caucasian) board the elevator alongside an elderly black couple. They hit "4", and it lights up. I hit "11"—nothing happens. Hit "11" again. Nothing happens. Then I realize there's a card scanner next to the keypad, so I swipe my "ELITE MEMBER" room key, and "11" lights up. Elderly black man, who looks like he's had a rough life, faces me and says "Guess you have to be special to be on that floor."

I felt so low, I could have slid out under the doors.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 6:02 pm

I once had to use a regular room card and not the "elite" card as they were out of them that day.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Loquascious
I once had to use a regular room card and not the "elite" card as they were out of them that day.
Did it still unlock your elite room? Aren't we elites eligible for $100 or some huge number of points for an egregious error such as this???

I would have told them to WALK ME and give me those benefits too!
Old Apr 11, 2013, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Loquascious
Elite key cards are not available in the Marriotts I stayed in Europe and Asia.

I think it's a 'cute' thing but I'd prefer they give me something more practical instead like an upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.