Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about? (MR version)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about? (MR version)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: FB Gold Privilege
I don't like it when a room has a dummy balcony. Or blocked window, one that one used to be able to open but no longer.
I once stayed in the Palms Resort in LAS and the blocked terrace was about 35% of the room square footage.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by fjord
I don't like it when a room has a dummy balcony. Or blocked window, one that one used to be able to open but no longer.
I once stayed in the Palms Resort in LAS and the blocked terrace was about 35% of the room square footage.
I'm sorry to complain but Bruce this is a MI Complaint thread...clearly the LAS Palms is not a MI hotel....so this post should be deleted (or edited)......

yes of course I'm kidding (personally I don't like when the "dummy balconies" are gone either...not sure why - I usualy dont go out there but I know I dont like that I can't)
Old Oct 13, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pogopossum
I've given up that the in room clock radios will ever be able to pick up a Public Radio station so I never use it. I hate it though when the previous tenant or someone has tuned the radio to a loud volume and set the alarm, either for midnight or early morning, and I fail to check it before going to bed for the night. This I cannot bear.

Cheers,
Pogopossum
I second
On many occassions at 3am I have found it necessary to forcibly remove the plug from the wall...
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: All
  • +1 for the maids putting the shower drain down.
  • The maids sometimes leave the shower curtain out, which takes me a full 5 seconds to move back in.
  • Lack of reliability on receiving the two pillow chocolates.
  • +1 for the useless foot cover at the base of the bed.
  • Lack of power outlets near the night stands. I need to charge my phone at night, but would like to have it by my bed since I use it as an alarm.

I used to agree with whoever mentioned the big square pillows at FS Marriotts. However I now use them as "sitting up in bed" pillows while using my laptop. At night I just ignore them. They're useless for sleeping.

Also this probably borders on a substantial complaint, but I could do with more food choices for room service. I'm sick of everything on the menu.

Originally Posted by tbassny
The dumbbell weights at my Courtyard keep disappearing due to apparent theft. I was forced to involuntary increase my exercises by 5 lbs last month, and another 5 lbs this week. As a result, my workout never "plateaued," my arms are now tremendous, and I'm in the best physical shape of my life. This is unacceptable and I will demand compensation.
Thanks for making me LOL in a conference room full of coworkers.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Great stuff, so far! You can do better, though. The "serious" complaining in the "Platinum Arrival Gift" thread is much funnier....
Old Oct 27, 2011, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
People 'at it' in the room next door.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:35 am

Programs: US1, HHDiamond, MR Lifetime Plat, Nat'l Exec, Avis 1st, Priority Plat
Dear Marriott,
Please have housekeeping place the tie through at least one of the loops on the robe rather than just wrapping and tying around the robe. When coming to room inebriated i sometimes fall when trying to pick up the tie after it has fallen off the robe.
Thanks!
Old Oct 29, 2011, 5:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
I hate it when housekeeping staff makes floral sculptures out of the facial tissue. Now that someone has handled that piece, I've got to throw it away and take the next one from the box; all while looking at the "Marriott cares about the Earth" sign that tries to shame me into reusing my bath towels.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 5:27 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Don't leave on all the lights and the TV whilst turning down my bed.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I hate it when the towels are more off-white than actually white. Just what am I paying $150 a night for, anyway? *grumble*
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
I hate it when the towels are more off-white than actually white. Just what am I paying $150 a night for, anyway? *grumble*
Even worse is when a full-service hotel has bath towels that are undersized, or thin, or both.

If I wanted that kind of budget cutting I'd stay at a Fairfield!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA-Gold AA-Gold, Marriott Lifetime Tit. Elite
no free breakfast at courtyards....more annoying I guess.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
Smile No complimentary Rogaine

I never pack shampoo in the 1-qt zippy for TSA screening since you always get it at any property. The foam Rogaine is a PITA to get in that bag, and it's annoying for a fellow PAX or a screener to give me a smirk when the zippy is turned over. I'm busted for reversing and keeping at bay the hairline retreat with Rog.

So forget the PLT bottled water or snack package - a sample size of Rog foam is what I want!
Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:19 pm

Programs: Delta AA SW UA
More general thoughts

I really hate hair or mold in the bathroom.
Other guests that let the room doors slam shut in the middle of the night.
Paying to park at a hotel with lots of parking.
+1 for the Courtyard free breakfast (no longer stay at those because of it).
When the toilet seat is loose.
The NBC news story about how the maids just wipe out the glasses and don't really wash them.
Pulling back the covers on the bed and there is indent of the person that slept there the night before (apparently the sheets didn't get changed).
Shower heads that are too low, don't work right, leak all over, etc. etc.
Noisy AC units.
Poor desk chairs that are uncomfortable.
+1 on the end of the bed covering thingy.
Lack of proper selection of TV channels. Example: 6 channels of ESPN, CNN, networks and the HBO channel that never shows movies.
TV remotes that don't work.
Clock radio tuned to the spanish station at full blast and a 4:15am alarm.
I'm sure I'm missing a bunch.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 3:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Trying to get this back OT

People who don't know what "stupidest, least substantive thing" actually means.

Seriously, some of the gripes in this thread are legitimate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.