Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott card: up to 5K points bonus thru Nov 30, 2011 (targeted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat

Received an offer in the US Mail today on my Chase Marriott credit card:

Earn 1,000 bonus points for every 10 purchases you make with your card between October 1 and November 30, 2011, up to 5000 points. This is in addition to the Marriott Rewards points you already earn.

There is no special code needed and no phone number to call to sign up. The mailer lists the last 4 digits of my account number. So this appears to be automatic if you receive the offer.

I do believe it is targeted. I received the offer and my wife did not. She got some other mailer extolling the virtues of this credit card, but no bonus for her account.

Why was I targeted? My guess: I used this card more heavily last year because I needed just a few more nights to reach Marriott Gold status. (Each $3000 in spend equals one night hotel stay credit.) This year my use has been much less because I've been hunting other game.

----------------------------
For the moderators: fine with me to move this post to the Marriott Forum if you feel it would be more appropriate there
Old Sep 28, 2011, 6:30 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Relocate to Marriott forum where this card is more frequently discussed.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 7:33 am

I got a mailer from Chase yesterday wanting me to sign up for the Marriott Rewards card which is the card I use all the time.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver, HH Diamond.
Originally Posted by AA Novice
I got a mailer from Chase yesterday wanting me to sign up for the Marriott Rewards card which is the card I use all the time.
Me too and the funny thing is that it shows the last 4 digits of my Marriott cc number so they must know that I already have the card.

Nice looking mailer, but what a waste of $$$...
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:11 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
My wife and I each received mailers today. They both are generic 'these are your benefits' type mailers. This is a waste of money for sure.

As a data point for anyone who may be tracking possible targeting - I am Plat and use my card often,while she is silver and uses only for a single automatic payment.

Chase must be on another promo binge,as we also received mailers on our CO cards,with actual promos on those
Old Sep 28, 2011, 7:49 pm

Mailer about Elite Nights

I received the mailer today about how Elite Night works with my card. I was hoping some kind of bonus information.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 6:24 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Got this today too. Wondering whether 50 slurps of gas at the pump will suffice...
Old Sep 29, 2011, 6:46 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
I haven't received anything... Going to wait a couple weeks and call and tell them i'm "offended" i haven't been offered the card, and I will "threaten" to use my SPG amex for the next 6 months. We'll see if it'll work... doubtful, i suppose....
Old Oct 2, 2011, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by User Name
Got this today too. Wondering whether 50 slurps of gas at the pump will suffice...
My experience - at least at Shell gas - is that it only allows you to use the credit card twice in one day at the pump. Beyond that you get flagged to go to the cashier. Just means lots of days visiting the gas station with 2 pumps a day. That means almost every other day to get 2x gas.

My experience on these promos is that any transaction counts even if small.

Charge your lunch at work each day as well will earn the 50 credits.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 4:41 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by cova
My experience - at least at Shell gas - is that it only allows you to use the credit card twice in one day at the pump. Beyond that you get flagged to go to the cashier. Just means lots of days visiting the gas station with 2 pumps a day. That means almost every other day to get 2x gas.

My experience on these promos is that any transaction counts even if small.

Charge your lunch at work each day as well will earn the 50 credits.
Hmmm.... so one credit card twice per day? In that case it's be two lots of a dollar on the Marriott card and the rest of the tank using a card that actually gives some better value for the overall amount spent. Unless there's another gas station on the opposite corner...

I never buy lunch at work - it's too expensive so I always make/take my own. 5,000 points are not worth changing this for.

Could be fun experimenting. I can see buying one grape at a time at the supermarket self-checkout. (Going really early or late so not to hold other shoppers up). Or maybe buy 5 albums off iTunes, one track at a time...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.