Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
How do I get the current [70K | 80K | other] offer?

Which offer is better, X with annual fee waived or Y with no fee waiver?

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

For answers to these and other frequently asked questions, see the wiki in the overlapping thread Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by mia
Thank you. Did you already have both cards before 1.1.2015, or did you apply for one/both this year?
One card I opened late last year, one I opened early this year.

Originally Posted by Keyser
interesting....i'm wondering if it would be beneficial to apply for both....even if i don't get the 30 nights, i should get 2 free nights plus the signup bonus of 50k & 70k points from both cards, right????
Absolutely. Getting the points was my primary reason for opening both cards. The second 15 nights were an unexpected benefit.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:32 am

Programs: low and not enough
I was told by a Marriott rep via email that this benefit only applied once (15 nights only) but I was told on the phone their policy changed and now you could get credit from 2 cards. I followed up on my email and received this in reply late yesterday 11/23/15: "[the 15 night benefit] applies for two cards only if one is the Business Premier and the other is the Personal Premier."
So, according to that statement, getting 30 nights may be possible.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 1:54 pm

Any problems getting Marriott card due to too many apps?

For months, other FTers have been reporting denials when applying for Chase UR cards (such as Sapphire) due to too many cards opened in last 2 years. Any such issues with MR cards?

Wife just applied for Sapphire and got a message indicating they need more time to review. Last May, she was turned down because she had 6 new cards in 2 years. Now, she's down to 3. Let's see what happens.

Either way, we'd like her to get a MR card.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: DL FF, Marriott LT Plat., National EA
I searched this forum as best I could and could not find an answer to this question. Does anyone know exactly when the Elite Night Credit per $3000 spent appears? It turns out I am very close to renewing my status and this could make or break it.

Thanks!
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Originally Posted by dsperling
I searched this forum as best I could and could not find an answer to this question. Does anyone know exactly when the Elite Night Credit per $3000 spent appears? It turns out I am very close to renewing my status and this could make or break it.

Thanks!
elite nights take a bit longer than the points to show up. sometimes a month to almost two months.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by jm1991
elite nights take a bit longer than the points to show up. sometimes a month to almost two months.
Last year, I was close to the line for gold and I watched the elite night postings like a hawk. After your statement closes, the calculation of the # of additional nights earned is done (statement amount divided by $3k, rounded down to the nearest whole number). On the 8th or 9th of the next month, your additional elite nights will be added to your account. If you're close to the line, they'll likely give you another month or just elevate you to the next level.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Long Islander
After your statement closes, the calculation of the # of additional nights earned is done (statement amount divided by $3k, rounded down to the nearest whole number).
They actually keep a behind the scenes running total on dollars spent. Here's an example:

• Month 1: Spend $1,000 (no elite night credited)
  • Month 2: Spend $1,000 (no elite night credited, cumulative $2k spend)
  • Month 3: Spend $4,000 (two elite nights credited due to cumulative $6k spend through the end of the month)

Unfortunately, there's no visible running total that appears on the Marriott or Chase websites with respect to where you are on spend versus the number of elite nights that you've earned.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by dsperling
It is not consistent.

I've been watching my account this year. A few times the bonus elite night posted within a week or so after the statement closed. But at least two other times it took a month and a half for the night to post.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
It is not consistent.

I've been watching my account this year. A few times the bonus elite night posted within a week or so after the statement closed. But at least two other times it took a month and a half for the night to post.
Thanks for the insight. I've captured this in a new entry in the wiki for the companion (really, duplicative) thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...mier-visa.html
Old Dec 3, 2015, 6:37 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dgreen12
Unfortunately, there's no visible running total that appears on the Marriott or Chase websites with respect to where you are on spend versus the number of elite nights that you've earned.
I would guess it would be considered a "security" issue if Chase gave Marriott updates on how much someone is charging on their VISA card. So I doubt we could ever get that info on Marriott's website.

But it would be nice if Chase showed that running tally on their website.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 7:45 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by hhoope01
But it would be nice if Chase showed that running tally on their website.
+1

Or on the monthly statement.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 2:49 pm

When should the annual free night certificate be posted on my Marriott account? My annual fee posted a few days ago but I still haven't seen the free night cert. Thanks.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:50 pm

after getting card, how many weeks till free night posts?

Originally Posted by DJSchokolade
When should the annual free night certificate be posted on my Marriott account? My annual fee posted a few days ago but I still haven't seen the free night cert. Thanks.
I have a similar question: If I am approved for the credit card on, let's say March 1, would the annual fee post (I am guessing) on the second statement (i.e., about May 1) with the annual free night certificate posting around June 1?

I realize that this varies and depends on the closing date of the monthly statement, but want to get a general sense of the timing on this.

In my case I'd like the certificate to be valid each year roughly April 15-October 15 . . . so I am wondering when the optimal date to apply might be. Maybe January 15? Or February 15?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by muji
In my case I'd like the certificate to be valid each year roughly April 15-October 15
Just found an answer. Didn't realize that the free night is now valid for a full year (see quote below from T&C), so I don't need to be concerned about the actual timing of the certificate being posted.

"All E-Certificates issued prior to 4/25/15 will have an expiration of 6 months and all E-Certificates issued on or after 4/25/15 will have an expiration of 12 months."
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:21 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by muji
I have a similar question: If I am approved for the credit card on, let's say March 1, would the annual fee post (I am guessing) on the second statement (i.e., about May 1) with the annual free night certificate posting around June 1?
It's only on the second year and forward. So if you were approved on March 1, the annual fee would probably post on April 1 (if your offer does not waive first year fee), but the cert would only post around April 1 of the NEXT year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.