Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Hide Wikipost
Old May 12, 16, 12:48 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
How do I get the current [70K | 80K | other] offer?

Which offer is better, X with annual fee waived or Y with no fee waiver?

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

For answers to these and other frequently asked questions, see the wiki in the overlapping thread Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016).
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 11, 16, 4:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat (LT Plat 2.1 MM),United S, SPG P, Marriott P, Hyatt Diamond *-)-
New 80,000 points offer

New Credit Card Offer!

80,000 BONUS POINTS
after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening*
+
7,500 BONUS POINTS
when you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening*
+
1 FREE NIGHT STAY
at a Category 1–5 hotel every year after your account anniversary*

-- Doesn't look like annual fee is waived for first year, though
Old Feb 12, 16, 7:55 am

How does this rank against historical offers for this card? Is this the highest?
Old Feb 12, 16, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by wetz View Post
How does this rank against historical offers for this card? Is this the highest?
It is the highest I recall.
Old Feb 12, 16, 9:21 am

Yes, but AF is not waived. Take that for you will.
Old Feb 12, 16, 5:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier; UA Platinum Premier; Hertz Presidents Club
I already have the card but would advise you to wait for a 70,000 offer with no annual fee. I don't think the extra 10,000 points is worth $85.
Old Feb 12, 16, 5:42 pm

Programs: IHG,Hyatt, Hilton Diamond, Marriott, Wyndham, SPG, United, Delta, Alaska, AA, Southwest
Originally Posted by mindrisa View Post
I already have the card but would advise you to wait for a 70,000 offer with no annual fee. I don't think the extra 10,000 points is worth $85.
Did the 70K offer give 7500 points for adding an AU ?

That brings the total to 87,500 bonus points.

Rumor has it the rules are changing ( 5/24) to include all Chase cards so if you have more than 5 apps in the past 24 months you may want to jump on this offer ASAP
Old Feb 12, 16, 11:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Aadvantage Platinum
I got an offer for 80,000 for both personal and business Marriott Premiere Rewards yesterday while signed into my Marriott Rewards account. I saved a PDF of the page. There was a $0 introductory annual fee then $85 after that. Right now I tried to get the page again. I bookmarked it but it no longer has the annual fee waived. Is my best bet to sign up for the 70k and then ask for the extra 10k based on the previously seen (and saved) offer or should I sign up for the 80k and ask them to consider the first offer that was fee free. Don't want the card if I have to pay the fee..
Old Feb 13, 16, 8:53 am

Programs: DL Silver,UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, IHG Gold,HH Gold,MR LT PLAT PREMIER
Has anyone been successful in accessing the 70K application? It is not longer loading for me since the new 80K version was released

Last edited by freeflyin; Feb 13, 16 at 9:18 am
Old Feb 13, 16, 10:43 am

There's already a master thread for Chase Marriott cards that documents current offers & other info. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...mier-visa.html.
Old Feb 13, 16, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by wholelottamiles View Post
I Don't want the card if I have to pay the fee..
Why not? You still get a Cat 1-5 cert which would offset the fee. The overall deal is for 87,500 points.

Cheers.
Old Feb 13, 16, 1:55 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...65FP&SPID=FHHJ
Old Feb 13, 16, 2:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Does anyone know if you transfer points to another account do those transferred points count towards lifetime status?

I am not eligible for this offer as I currently have a card, but my wife is. I need about 90,000 more points for lifetime gold status and if I can transfer these points to my account and they count this would be a good way to do it.
Old Feb 13, 16, 3:49 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by holocker View Post
Does anyone know if you transfer points to another account do those transferred points count towards lifetime status?

I am not eligible for this offer as I currently have a card, but my wife is. I need about 90,000 more points for lifetime gold status and if I can transfer these points to my account and they count this would be a good way to do it.
IIRC the transferred points do count towards Lifetime status, but the points will be deducted from your wife's lifetime count.

Cheers.
Old Feb 13, 16, 8:57 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, UA Silver
Added Chase Sapphire Preferred last month...figured I'd get rejected for not spacing them 90 days apart, but luckily got approved with no problem. Thanks for the tip. Not sure if you all are encountering the same, but the ad banners are on every FT page I visit (along with Hyatt 2 Free Nights, United 50k)
Old Feb 14, 16, 7:39 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've received that 80,000 offer several times in the mail recently.

Search this Thread