Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

    Hide Wikipost
Old May 12, 16, 12:48 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
How do I get the current [70K | 80K | other] offer?

Which offer is better, X with annual fee waived or Y with no fee waiver?

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

For answers to these and other frequently asked questions, see the wiki in the overlapping thread Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016).
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Nov 20, 15, 11:08 am
  #361  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SJC/SFO
Programs: UA 1MM/*A Gold, WN A+ CP, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Posts: 5,189
Originally Posted by mia View Post
Thank you. Did you already have both cards before 1.1.2015, or did you apply for one/both this year?
One card I opened late last year, one I opened early this year.

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
interesting....i'm wondering if it would be beneficial to apply for both....even if i don't get the 30 nights, i should get 2 free nights plus the signup bonus of 50k & 70k points from both cards, right????
Absolutely. Getting the points was my primary reason for opening both cards. The second 15 nights were an unexpected benefit.
darthbimmer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 15, 6:32 am
  #362  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Programs: low and not enough
Posts: 38
I was told by a Marriott rep via email that this benefit only applied once (15 nights only) but I was told on the phone their policy changed and now you could get credit from 2 cards. I followed up on my email and received this in reply late yesterday 11/23/15: "[the 15 night benefit] applies for two cards only if one is the Business Premier and the other is the Personal Premier."
So, according to that statement, getting 30 nights may be possible.
snowfilmer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 15, 1:54 pm
  #363  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 479
Any problems getting Marriott card due to too many apps?

For months, other FTers have been reporting denials when applying for Chase UR cards (such as Sapphire) due to too many cards opened in last 2 years. Any such issues with MR cards?

Wife just applied for Sapphire and got a message indicating they need more time to review. Last May, she was turned down because she had 6 new cards in 2 years. Now, she's down to 3. Let's see what happens.

Either way, we'd like her to get a MR card.
Long Islander is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 15, 10:03 am
  #364  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: DTW
Programs: DL FF, Marriott LT Plat., National EA
Posts: 100
I searched this forum as best I could and could not find an answer to this question. Does anyone know exactly when the Elite Night Credit per $3000 spent appears? It turns out I am very close to renewing my status and this could make or break it.

Thanks!
dsperling is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 15, 10:15 am
  #365  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: California
Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Posts: 292
Originally Posted by dsperling View Post
I searched this forum as best I could and could not find an answer to this question. Does anyone know exactly when the Elite Night Credit per $3000 spent appears? It turns out I am very close to renewing my status and this could make or break it.

Thanks!
elite nights take a bit longer than the points to show up. sometimes a month to almost two months.
jm1991 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 15, 12:12 pm
  #366  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 479
Originally Posted by jm1991 View Post
elite nights take a bit longer than the points to show up. sometimes a month to almost two months.
Last year, I was close to the line for gold and I watched the elite night postings like a hawk. After your statement closes, the calculation of the # of additional nights earned is done (statement amount divided by $3k, rounded down to the nearest whole number). On the 8th or 9th of the next month, your additional elite nights will be added to your account. If you're close to the line, they'll likely give you another month or just elevate you to the next level.
Long Islander is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 15, 8:04 pm
  #367  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: GEG
Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime SkyClub
Posts: 2,054
Originally Posted by Long Islander View Post
After your statement closes, the calculation of the # of additional nights earned is done (statement amount divided by $3k, rounded down to the nearest whole number).
They actually keep a behind the scenes running total on dollars spent. Here's an example:

  • Month 1: Spend $1,000 (no elite night credited)
  • Month 2: Spend $1,000 (no elite night credited, cumulative $2k spend)
  • Month 3: Spend $4,000 (two elite nights credited due to cumulative $6k spend through the end of the month)

Unfortunately, there's no visible running total that appears on the Marriott or Chase websites with respect to where you are on spend versus the number of elite nights that you've earned.
dgreen12 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 15, 12:07 am
  #368  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SJC/SFO
Programs: UA 1MM/*A Gold, WN A+ CP, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Posts: 5,189
Originally Posted by dsperling View Post
I searched this forum as best I could and could not find an answer to this question. Does anyone know exactly when the Elite Night Credit per $3000 spent appears? It turns out I am very close to renewing my status and this could make or break it.
It is not consistent.

I've been watching my account this year. A few times the bonus elite night posted within a week or so after the statement closed. But at least two other times it took a month and a half for the night to post.
darthbimmer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 15, 5:25 am
  #369  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,733
Originally Posted by darthbimmer View Post
It is not consistent.

I've been watching my account this year. A few times the bonus elite night posted within a week or so after the statement closed. But at least two other times it took a month and a half for the night to post.
Thanks for the insight. I've captured this in a new entry in the wiki for the companion (really, duplicative) thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...mier-visa.html
beltway is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 15, 6:37 am
  #370  
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: McKinney, TX, USA
Programs: AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LTPP; IHG Plat; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 11,078
Originally Posted by dgreen12 View Post
Unfortunately, there's no visible running total that appears on the Marriott or Chase websites with respect to where you are on spend versus the number of elite nights that you've earned.
I would guess it would be considered a "security" issue if Chase gave Marriott updates on how much someone is charging on their VISA card. So I doubt we could ever get that info on Marriott's website.

But it would be nice if Chase showed that running tally on their website.
hhoope01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 15, 7:45 am
  #371  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: GEG
Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime SkyClub
Posts: 2,054
Originally Posted by hhoope01 View Post
But it would be nice if Chase showed that running tally on their website.
+1

Or on the monthly statement.
dgreen12 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 15, 2:49 pm
  #372  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 20
When should the annual free night certificate be posted on my Marriott account? My annual fee posted a few days ago but I still haven't seen the free night cert. Thanks.
DJSchokolade is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 16, 8:50 pm
  #373  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SEA
Posts: 2,395
after getting card, how many weeks till free night posts?

Originally Posted by DJSchokolade View Post
When should the annual free night certificate be posted on my Marriott account? My annual fee posted a few days ago but I still haven't seen the free night cert. Thanks.
I have a similar question: If I am approved for the credit card on, let's say March 1, would the annual fee post (I am guessing) on the second statement (i.e., about May 1) with the annual free night certificate posting around June 1?

I realize that this varies and depends on the closing date of the monthly statement, but want to get a general sense of the timing on this.

In my case I'd like the certificate to be valid each year roughly April 15-October 15 . . . so I am wondering when the optimal date to apply might be. Maybe January 15? Or February 15?

Any advice would be appreciated.
muji is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 16, 8:58 pm
  #374  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SEA
Posts: 2,395
Originally Posted by muji View Post
In my case I'd like the certificate to be valid each year roughly April 15-October 15
Just found an answer. Didn't realize that the free night is now valid for a full year (see quote below from T&C), so I don't need to be concerned about the actual timing of the certificate being posted.

"All E-Certificates issued prior to 4/25/15 will have an expiration of 6 months and all E-Certificates issued on or after 4/25/15 will have an expiration of 12 months."
muji is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 16, 11:21 pm
  #375  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SFO or OAK
Programs: UA 2P, AS MVP, WN CP; MR Ti, BW Dia, HH Au, RR Au
Posts: 4,816
Originally Posted by muji View Post
I have a similar question: If I am approved for the credit card on, let's say March 1, would the annual fee post (I am guessing) on the second statement (i.e., about May 1) with the annual free night certificate posting around June 1?
It's only on the second year and forward. So if you were approved on March 1, the annual fee would probably post on April 1 (if your offer does not waive first year fee), but the cert would only post around April 1 of the NEXT year.
MDtR-Chicago is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread