Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Hide Wikipost
Old May 12, 16, 12:48 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
How do I get the current [70K | 80K | other] offer?

Which offer is better, X with annual fee waived or Y with no fee waiver?

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

For answers to these and other frequently asked questions, see the wiki in the overlapping thread Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016).
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 9, 15, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by mia View Post
I am referring to whatever material is used to fabricate the Marriott credit card. Most Chase non-plastic cards are composites with a metal core to create heft, and only a small amount of more expensive external material for show. I do not know the composition of this specific card, but the presence of an EMV chip should not disrupt the operation of a contactless chip because there are many cards with both features.
I can tell you the composition - solid steel (aluminum?) core sandwiched by black plastic. I cancelled the card and then attempted to destroy it. The card tore up my shredder and may have rendered it inoperable (the blades were not strong enough to do much damage to the card). I then put the card in my paper cutter - again, could not cut through the metal but was able to rip the plastic enough to peel off the numbers. Almost as indestructible as my JPM Palladium card
Old Oct 9, 15, 6:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, SPG Gold
You don't have to destroy your shredder. When you cancel they will send you an envelope to send it back.

But I like mine...I'm one of the few who somehow always finds a Cat 5 to stay at that costs more than the annual fee.
Old Oct 9, 15, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*A Gold, WN A+ CP, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo View Post
I can tell you the composition - solid steel (aluminum?) core sandwiched by black plastic. I cancelled the card and then attempted to destroy it. The card tore up my shredder and may have rendered it inoperable (the blades were not strong enough to do much damage to the card). I then put the card in my paper cutter - again, could not cut through the metal but was able to rip the plastic enough to peel off the numbers. Almost as indestructible as my JPM Palladium card
I tried putting one of these metal sandwich cards through my paper shredder a year or two ago. It promptly stopped after doing no more than nicking the edge of the card. Hand scissors likewise couldn't do more than scratch it. So I had fun going down to the garage to use my tin snips. Problem solved.
Old Oct 10, 15, 6:06 am

If you haven't read the first page or two of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...w-destroy.html, just go do it right now. You can thank me later.
Old Nov 18, 15, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
sorry if this has been asked before but if one is to get both the personal & business cards then do you get 30 nights credit or just 15????
Old Nov 19, 15, 4:49 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
... do you get 30 nights credit or just 15????
Only 15. Scroll back to post 296 and read forward for a half-dozen replies.
Old Nov 19, 15, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
thanks....
Old Nov 19, 15, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*A Gold, WN A+ CP, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Contrary datapoint here. I have both the personal and business cards, and this calendar year I got 15 nights from each.
Old Nov 19, 15, 3:07 pm
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by darthbimmer View Post
Contrary datapoint here. I have both the personal and business cards, and this calendar year I got 15 nights from each.
Thank you. Did you already have both cards before 1.1.2015, or did you apply for one/both this year?
Old Nov 19, 15, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by darthbimmer View Post
interesting....i'm wondering if it would be beneficial to apply for both....even if i don't get the 30 nights, i should get 2 free nights plus the signup bonus of 50k & 70k points from both cards, right????
Old Nov 20, 15, 12:27 am
Suspended

it probably would if they are no longer enforcing the US residency requirements ("You must have a valid permanent home address within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.") and you have SS # when applying.

interesting....i'm wondering if it would be beneficial to apply for both....even if i don't get the 30 nights, i should get 2 free nights plus the signup bonus of 50k & 70k points from both cards, right????
Old Nov 20, 15, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by leeky View Post
it probably would if they are no longer enforcing the US residency requirements ("You must have a valid permanent home address within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.") and you have SS # when applying.
i wouldn't be posting here if i didn't meet the requirements....
Old Nov 20, 15, 1:02 am
Suspended

why not as I find a good percentage of posts in this forum questions on how to circumvent the rules or bragging about doing so.

i wouldn't be posting here if i didn't meet the requirements....
Old Nov 20, 15, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by leeky View Post
why not as I find a good percentage of posts in this forum questions on how to circumvent the rules or bragging about doing so.
don't care what others do....i said 'i' wouldn't be posting here if 'i' didn't meet the requirements....
Old Nov 20, 15, 7:13 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Just a point of note that Marriott has not normally been giving more than 15 nights for credit card sign-ups. So either darthbimmer's getting more was a fluke or Marriott has changed their rules.

I wouldn't "expect" to get more than 15 nights, no matter the number of Marriott credit cards I have, unless we start seeing more posts from others getting the extra night credits.

Search this Thread