Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
How do I get the current [70K | 80K | other] offer?

Which offer is better, X with annual fee waived or Y with no fee waiver?

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

For answers to these and other frequently asked questions, see the wiki in the overlapping thread Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I'm of the (unpopular, I'm sure) opinion that if you enter into a contractual obligation with someone, and you don't uphold your part of the bargain (charging $1,000), then they don't have to uphold theirs. What am I missing?

Even if you couldn't find anything to "buy", you could have purchased gift cards to your own local department stores, supermarkets, etc., then used them for purchases after you were out of the "must get these dollars spent in this time period" crunch.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
You have 3 months to spend the grand. Is there enough time left to spend $600?
Old Aug 8, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Anyone gotten the bonus on both the Canadian and US versions of this card? As a Canadian living in the US, I have a ton of CCs in both countries, but none with Chase. I have the Canadian version and want to make sure that Chase will give me the bonus on the US card before I apply. Thanks for your help!
Old Aug 8, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: A Few Here, A Few There
Logged into my acount today and saw the 70k offer which took me to a landing page for 70k. Once on the 70k offer landing page, I clicked the apply now button and it stated that the offer was no longer available and redirected me to the 50k.

I manually changed it back to 70k as per the wiki and tried again, still redirected back =/

Might be dead unless I am doing something wrong

EDIT: so I went in about 3 more times and kept trying and eventually the apply now button took me to the app page. Instant approved. Will report back with confirm of 70k points when I get the card.

Last edited by vacashawn; Aug 8, 2013 at 2:51 pm
Old Aug 8, 2013, 3:03 pm
Suspended

CANCELED Chase Account

At times my office has to pay my card, as I am out of country. Sending a check well in advance of the due date, my payment was posted almost 3 weeks after check was mailed.

I was dinged a "over 30" late note on my Equifax and charged $23 in interest.

Customer Service at Chase said that Payment isn't POSTED until 10-14 days after receipt of check payments.

That's just an obscene business practice.

Good Bye Chase.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
60,000 mile offer on the Marriott website.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 10:35 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Allvest
At times my office has to pay my card, as I am out of country. Sending a check well in advance of the due date, my payment was posted almost 3 weeks after check was mailed.

I was dinged a "over 30" late note on my Equifax and charged $23 in interest.

Customer Service at Chase said that Payment isn't POSTED until 10-14 days after receipt of check payments.

That's just an obscene business practice.

Good Bye Chase.
Dear Allvest:

Mailing a check (apparently from outside the US) is not the same as paying the bill. And, sometimes (not often) there is a mail delay.

I had similar problems which I resolved several years ago by switching to online bill pay. @:-) Voila! No issues about when payments were sent or received. Now, I just pay the bill when it comes online setting the pay day for a few days before the pay by date. Works great.

Why would you have your office pay instead of doing this?

As to late pay on credit report and late pay charges, I have found Chase and other card companies very responsive if you just call and ask that the late fee and other charges be credited back. Just don't do it too often.

By the way, I doubt very much that Chase CS said payments are not posted for 10-14 days as this would violate the Fair Credit Billing Act and Fed Reg. Z among other laws. Payments may not always be processed when received, but they should be credited as of that day.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 4:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by biggestbopper
Dear Allvest:

Mailing a check (apparently from outside the US) is not the same as paying the bill. And, sometimes (not often) there is a mail delay.

I had similar problems which I resolved several years ago by switching to online bill pay. @:-) Voila! No issues about when payments were sent or received. Now, I just pay the bill when it comes online setting the pay day for a few days before the pay by date. Works great.

Why would you have your office pay instead of doing this?

As to late pay on credit report and late pay charges, I have found Chase and other card companies very responsive if you just call and ask that the late fee and other charges be credited back. Just don't do it too often.

By the way, I doubt very much that Chase CS said payments are not posted for 10-14 days as this would violate the Fair Credit Billing Act and Fed Reg. Z among other laws. Payments may not always be processed when received, but they should be credited as of that day.
This is a Canadian card paid with a check mailed in Canada. The csr actually did say this. I eventually made contact with someone in their executive office and it was confirmed that the csr was wrong.

I accepted their apology, they reversed te late fee (but I still show up late on Equifax) and sent me a new card.

Lets say it was a weird experience.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 10:45 am

I received the 70,000 offer, from the Marriott site, a few days ago after making a reservation with points.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...emier/70p1ksh/
Old Sep 26, 2013, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SJC AA
Has anyone been able to get the ... Category 1-4 coupon that expires after 6 months extended? It seems like I never go anywhere that has Category 1-4 hotels (most of them seem to be in ... suburbs).
Same question - is it possible?
Old Sep 27, 2013, 12:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
REPEATEDLY asked and answered - yes, but...........

Originally Posted by SJC AA
Has anyone been able to get the crappy Category 1-4 coupon that expires after 6 months extended? It seems like I never go anywhere that has Category 1-4 hotels (most of them seem to b
e in crappy suburbs).
Originally Posted by azepine00
Same question - is it possible?
Old Sep 27, 2013, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
REPEATEDLY asked and answered - yes, but...........
Sorry but the quoted question was the only post in 10+ pages. Is it Marriott or chase who can extend it?
Old Sep 27, 2013, 1:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
you ask MRs to do it and they get Visa to approve another 6-months (although others will say that MRs does not have to get the OK).............extensions have been granted and denied too so no guarantee of success (therefore the yes, but........)........

Originally Posted by azepine00
Sorry but the quoted question was the only post in 10+ pages. Is it Marriott or chase who can extend it?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EXP
Ok, confession time...I'm been pretty stupid in that I didn't read up on how/when elite nights from CC spend are posted so I need some advice/suggestions.

I'm 2 nights away from Plat status and I have a trip on 9 Dec for which I'd very much like to have Plat status. Two things that I didn't realize were:

1) That elite nights from CC spend are based on spend in a calendar month and not billing statement month.
2) That elite nights credit somewhere around 12-13th of each month.

My Chase billing statement recently closed and, while the spend is enough to eventually put me over the 75 nights needed for Plat, some of it was done in November which means it won't credit as elite night until after my trip.

Questions:

- I called Marriott Rewards and the lady I spoke to seemed very confused about the whole thing but eventually told me that there was no way to expedite the elite nights - is this true or is it a case of hanging up and trying again?

- Short of booking two more nights at a Marriott property before 9 Dec is there any other way around this that may be cost effective? Locally two nights would cost in the region of $200-$240 w/taxes and that seems a bit steep just to get Plat for a 1 night stay (albeit an important 1 night stay!).

TIA.

Last edited by Stripy; Nov 7, 2013 at 10:44 am
Old Nov 7, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
How about calling Chase to change your Credit billing cycle to be due "NOW" move it up. then you will get credit for the two nights sooner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.