Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
How do I get the current [70K | 80K | other] offer?

Which offer is better, X with annual fee waived or Y with no fee waiver?

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

For answers to these and other frequently asked questions, see the wiki in the overlapping thread Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2013, 7:50 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Wanted to add my experience to the thread too.

Just applied with the link and received a "Decision Pending" page. Called the Chase reconsideration line and was instantly approved after verifying my information.

Most importantly, the rep confirmed that I will receive 70,000 points after spending $1,000 in 3 months!

Thanks for the link!
Old Jun 12, 2013, 2:10 pm

what no. did you call ?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:00 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by coolblues
what no. did you call ?
Chase reconsideration line at 1-888-245-0625
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:54 pm

I had a Chase Marriott Rewards Visa card for 10+ years, cancelled in 2008. I don't know if I received a signup bonus. I'm considering returning to Marriott & have several questions.
1. Can I receive the signup bonus for the Marriott Rewards Visa Signature card (seems close to what I had, but a newer graphic design and some different benefits/fees than I recall from 2008)? Does Chase consider this to be the same product?
2. Same question for MR Premier Visa. I'm pretty sure this is a different product and should be eligible for a new signup bonus.
3. Can I combine MR points with my spouse? I seem to recall this somewhere but can't find it now.
Plan would be primarily to just harvest the signup bonuses after required spend, cancel/downgrade when the annual fees come due.
Thanks.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by jc719
I had a Chase Marriott Rewards Visa card for 10+ years, cancelled in 2008. I don't know if I received a signup bonus. I'm considering returning to Marriott & have several questions.
1. Can I receive the signup bonus for the Marriott Rewards Visa Signature card (seems close to what I had, but a newer graphic design and some different benefits/fees than I recall from 2008)? Does Chase consider this to be the same product?
2. Same question for MR Premier Visa. I'm pretty sure this is a different product and should be eligible for a new signup bonus.
3. Can I combine MR points with my spouse? I seem to recall this somewhere but can't find it now.
Plan would be primarily to just harvest the signup bonuses after required spend, cancel/downgrade when the annual fees come due.
Thanks.
Not sure about 1 & 2. Question #3 though, the answer is you can combine them for redemption. Others may be able to provide greater detail but I know I have read combining MR points for redemption is allowed.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
got my card yesterday. Nothing that came with the card said anything about any bonus points. I'll charge my $1,000 in 3 month and see what happens. If I get 70K, I'm good. If I get 50k, I'll call and ask where my 20k is. I don't have any PROOF that my offer was for 70k bonus points, but I am pretty sure it was. The fact that there doesn't seem to be any email or paper mail that states the bonus points seems to indicate that they also don't have any proof I was only offered 50k.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:54 am

used this link in post # 55 and applied yesterday. Despite pending decision screen, Card was approved today without any call to recon line (it already shows up under my chase account).

Once I get the physical card while activating I'll check the associated bonus. Hoping for it to be 70k ...thanks SlickVik
Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:49 am

guys - i got my marriott 70k points 2 months ago when i completed the 1k spend. However, today i'm getting an unintentional credit back from one of the payments. How does chase typically treat this? I have already booked rooms using the marriott points and will be staying in 2 weeks. Will chase instruct marriott to cancel those points and thus the reservation? Are those at risk?

Thanks
Old Jun 26, 2013, 3:38 pm

No bonus if you had card?

Got the targeted 50,000 offer, had the card 2 years ago and closed one year ago. Despite the offer of 50,000 the small print says not if you had it before so am I barred? Thanks (this was probably answered somewhere but I could not find it)
Old Jun 27, 2013, 7:23 am

Applied 6/18, was deferred online. Called Chase and got the usual "You sure have been opening a lot of cards lately". Asked them to move some credit over from the exorbitant line they gave me for by British Airways card. They obliged. Received card yesterday, confirmed bonus. 70,000 points! Nice!

With Citi offers drying up, this is a great way to get a de facto, non-Citi, 25,000 mile AAdvantage card. 70k Marriott points can get you a couple nights somewhere, but 25k AAdvantage is halfway to Europe or Asia in business on a Oneworld carrier. Not bad!
Old Jun 28, 2013, 5:28 pm

Location: Half time in PDX, Half time in Ajijic, Mexico. Near GDL
Programs: AA Platinum
70,000 Marriott Card approved

Applied and approved on May 29.
Used the Frequent Miler link.
Finally got the card today, activated it and verified it was for 70,000 points.
Took a while to get the card as I had to have it forwarded to me in Mexico by a friend in the US.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gregillinois
Got the targeted 50,000 offer, had the card 2 years ago and closed one year ago. Despite the offer of 50,000 the small print says not if you had it before so am I barred? Thanks (this was probably answered somewhere but I could not find it)
Rule says so but in practice, it is 50/50. If you dont mind a hard pull, worth to test it. You would not get the welcome free night cert again but chance for you to get another sign up bonus is 50/50 or even higher than that.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by jsmeeker
got my card yesterday. Nothing that came with the card said anything about any bonus points. I'll charge my $1,000 in 3 month and see what happens. If I get 70K, I'm good. If I get 50k, I'll call and ask where my 20k is. I don't have any PROOF that my offer was for 70k bonus points, but I am pretty sure it was. The fact that there doesn't seem to be any email or paper mail that states the bonus points seems to indicate that they also don't have any proof I was only offered 50k.
Got my 70,000 points the other day!

Old Jul 24, 2013, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by jsmeeker
Got my 70,000 points the other day!
How long after the statement close was it until the points posted, and was the bonus reflected on the statement for the period in which you met spend? I only asked because I met spend last month and received no bonus and no mention of it on my statement. I sent an SM to Chase and the CSR responded with a cryptic 6-8 weeks nonsense response and mentioned it would be noted on the next statement. I just found this odd because Chase in my experience has always been very good about giving points right when they are earned.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
How long after the statement close was it until the points posted, and was the bonus reflected on the statement for the period in which you met spend? I only asked because I met spend last month and received no bonus and no mention of it on my statement. I sent an SM to Chase and the CSR responded with a cryptic 6-8 weeks nonsense response and mentioned it would be noted on the next statement. I just found this odd because Chase in my experience has always been very good about giving points right when they are earned.
My statement closes on the 18th of the month. (so, it closed on July 18th) . The points were in my Marriott account on the 20th of July. All the points for that month. The ones for my Chase credit card spend plus the 70,000 bonus points.

Not quite sure how to answer your question " was the bonus reflected on the statement for the period in which you met spend? " I think the answer is "yes". I believe the requirement was $1,000 in the first three months. I actually had a few charges that closed on June 18th, even though I only had the card a short period of time. Less than a month. Between June 19th and July 18th, I spent enough to reach the $1,000 requirement and then some. If this isn't what you mean, can you explain it better?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.