Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
How do I get the current [70K | 80K | other] offer?

Which offer is better, X with annual fee waived or Y with no fee waiver?

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

For answers to these and other frequently asked questions, see the wiki in the overlapping thread Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by slickvik
Try this link. It's a direct targeted link from Marriott. I'm interested to see if it works for others since it doesn't show the 70k on the page anywhere. Offer expires 3/31.

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...D=&PROMO=DF01#
I decided to be the guinea pig, and I wasn't disappointed.

5/8/13: applied, instantly approved, called to confirm 70k after 1k spending.

Thanks slickvid
Old May 9, 2013, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any news if they are still only offering the cat 1-5 cert, or if that is going to be increased since cat5 is a crap benefit now if you live anywhere near a city?
Old May 9, 2013, 8:59 pm

still active

I applied on 5/8, called the reconsideration line on 5/9 to have my application processed faster, and was accepted. Confirmed the 70k point bonus.

70k point bonus after 1k spend in 3 months
cat 1-4 cert upon account approval
cat 1-5 cert each year on anniversary
1 elite night for every 3k spend

The splash page I received: http://imgur.com/16WFGwG
Old May 10, 2013, 2:27 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by kaaria
I saw the 50K promotion and just changed the URL from 50 to 70 and the 70K promotion popped up.

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/mar...67G0&SPID=F2RJ.

I just applied and received the 50K promotion and wonder if I can get them to switch it to the 70K promotion??

Gooodddd, goooodddd for all US residents. For me, no getting a card from Chase. Not even as a Chase bank account holder. But no US residency = no credit card
Old May 10, 2013, 1:03 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Bad FWFDAN, Bad.... applying for a card before checking here

So applied for the 50k card, if I contact them and ask for confirmation that it was 70k, has anyone had luck with that?
Old May 17, 2013, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by johnnie198x
I decided to be the guinea pig, and I wasn't disappointed.

5/8/13: applied, instantly approved, called to confirm 70k after 1k spending.

Thanks slickvid
I can confirm that as of today, this link is still working. Instantly approved, they sent e-cert for 1 free night via email. Called and confirmed 70k pts after 1 k spending.

Thanks for the link!
Old May 30, 2013, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Slowmo1817
I can confirm that as of today, this link is still working. Instantly approved, they sent e-cert for 1 free night via email. Called and confirmed 70k pts after 1 k spending.

Thanks for the link!
my turn to try the link... let's see if it registers when i get the card. worst case scenario, i assume they'll match at least the 50k bonus, so should be no risk.
Old May 30, 2013, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
I applied for and was approved for the Marriott Visa card today. When I clicked the link that I always seem to see when I log into my MR account, I was pretty darn sure it said 70,000 bonus points. Now, when I see the promotions when I am logged in, it shows 50,000. I haven't received any sort of details other than I was approved and my card will arrive in the mail within a week or so.

I guess I'll wait and see what I actually get.
Old May 31, 2013, 5:58 pm

Programs: Marriott: Gold (CC) Ritz-Carlton: Gold (CC) Starwood SPG: Gold Hilton: Blue Hertz: Gold Plus 5Star
Originally Posted by fwfdan
Bad FWFDAN, Bad.... applying for a card before checking here

So applied for the 50k card, if I contact them and ask for confirmation that it was 70k, has anyone had luck with that?
I applied for the card back in march when it was only 50,000 pts, however from reading this forum i did find a link for the 70,000 pts and just like how people suggested i did the secure message on chase online and they responded in two hours and advised me they will give me the 20k difference on my next billing cycle without spending anything more. That's pretty good service

Last edited by TravelerJmL; Jun 3, 2013 at 9:00 am
Old Jun 2, 2013, 1:24 am

additional 20000 marriott points

Originally Posted by Gators29
I did the same thing. Just emailed through the Chase website and the 20,000 additional points were credited within a couple weeks.
Can I e-mail chase about the extra 20000 points if it is last year that I got the card or does it have to be recent
Old Jun 2, 2013, 6:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
no one around this forum is going to be able to answer this question..........your best bet is to call Chase and ask them directly as it NEVER hurts to ask although I wouldn't hold out to much hope after a year (but ya never know)..........

Originally Posted by yenflyertalk
Can I e-mail chase about the extra 20000 points if it is last year that I got the card or does it have to be recent
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:03 am

Programs: Marriott: Gold (CC) Ritz-Carlton: Gold (CC) Starwood SPG: Gold Hilton: Blue Hertz: Gold Plus 5Star
Originally Posted by yenflyertalk
After a year the chances are really slim. I think i heard somewhere its within the first three months of application, but it never hurts to call or message them. The customer service has gotten a lot better over the years and they are usually pretty helpful and fast
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelerJmL
After a year the chances are really slim. I think i heard somewhere its within the first three months of application, but it never hurts to call or message them. The customer service has gotten a lot better over the years and they are usually pretty helpful and fast
Same here. I know a few people that got it after calling a month or two after getting the initial bonus. Let us know what they say if you end up calling Chase.

I think it is unlikely they will give you the additional points as it could open the door for anyone to call and request more points whenever a new/higher bonus offer comes up.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Has anyone been able to get the crappy Category 1-4 coupon that expires after 6 months extended? It seems like I never go anywhere that has Category 1-4 hotels (most of them seem to be in crappy suburbs).
Old Jun 8, 2013, 5:08 pm

confirming that the 70k points link still works--applied a week ago and called customer service and was told i will get 70k points. didn't even need to bargain for it! thanks FT!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.