Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pune, India

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2011, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Pune, India

Any comments on the three Pune Properties and benefits for golds/plats would be most welcome.

TIA
Old Jul 13, 2011, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My husband (Plat)stayed at the FS Marriott last December, about 2 weeks after they openned and loved it. He is staying again this December and is looking forward to trying the lounge which was not yet open last year. They treated him royally.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...l#post15171474
Old Jul 13, 2011, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
My husband (Plat)stayed at the FS Marriott last December, about 2 weeks after they openned and loved it. He is staying again this December and is looking forward to trying the lounge which was not yet open last year. They treated him royally.
Thank you.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 8:28 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I stayed at the Courtyard Pune Hinjewadi (I might have screwed up the spelling) in March of last year as a gold member. It was a decent property, but quite a ride outside the city of Pune. I went to the Hard Rock Cafe in Pune which is close to the Westin hotel and I remember it taking about 45 minutes to get there from the Courtyard. I did get access to the lounge upstairs where they had drinks and I believe continental breakfast if I remember correctly. I would stay in the city itself at one of the other properties if I go again.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum - Lifetime
Originally Posted by mastermc54
I stayed at the Courtyard Pune Hinjewadi (I might have screwed up the spelling) in March of last year as a gold member. It was a decent property, but quite a ride outside the city of Pune. I went to the Hard Rock Cafe in Pune which is close to the Westin hotel and I remember it taking about 45 minutes to get there from the Courtyard. I did get access to the lounge upstairs where they had drinks and I believe continental breakfast if I remember correctly. I would stay in the city itself at one of the other properties if I go again.
The CY Pune Hinjewadi is a good location for someone who is wanting to be near the industrial center at Chakan. If you want to spend most of your time in town then it is a bit far out. I have stayed there twice and was upgraded to Concierge level both times. They do not have a continental breakfast in the lounge but offer free breakfast buffet in the restaurant. Happy Hour with free drinks and snacks and free internet in the lounge only. Somewhat annoying to have to sit in the lounge to use the wifi. There is a charge to connect in your room. The rooms were new and very nice and the fitness center had weights and several treadmills and exercise bikes. There was a nice pool on the second floor.

They seem to have an issue with keeping their rates in sync on the various sites. I was able to reserve a room on the Marriott site and then go to Orbitz and find a cheaper rate and notify Marriott and get a 25% reduction on the lower rate with their 'look no further guarantee".
Old Jul 19, 2011, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 1:07 am

Programs: BA GfL
I stayed at the Courtyard Hinjewadi a few nights ago and had a fine experience. I was there to visit one of the IT companies located about 10 minutes away in Hinjewadi Phase 3, so it was an excellent location for that--really glad I Google-mapped the whole thing before booking. The hotel was a 45-minute ride from the airport at about 9 PM, but I imagine it would take meaningfully longer at rush hour.

The breakfast buffet is excellent. My room was fine--I ended up with 2 single beds instead of one king, but it didn't really matter as I was traveling solo anyway. Staff were exceedingly friendly. I have no status with Marriott, so no upgrade and a fairly compact room, but I was only staying one night anyway. Clean, modern, non-beat-up furniture, and--a real plus for India--the room smelled fresh and clean. There was no tub, just a shower, but a good shower. I liked the fact that the mugs given with the tea/coffee facilities were nice and big--I think that was my favorite part
Old Mar 9, 2013, 6:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update! Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Marriott seems to now be a JW. Not surprising given the property and service.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Since we had a couple of updates, I decided to check all India properties again & updated the exec lounge sticky.

Marriott's added a number of Courtyards since I checked in July 2012, so I've added those properties to the list.

There are 2 JW's due to open this year (one in Bengaluru & one in New Delhi), as well as the Courtyard Pune Chaka. In talking to the reservations line, all are at least 2 months behind schedule from what the website is listing.

Cheers.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 1:14 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The Marriott seems to now be a JW. Not surprising given the property and service.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/pune-marriott-hotel-convention-centre-161645307.html
Old Mar 24, 2013, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My husband is staying at the, now, JW in April for 2 weeks. He raves about this hotel. We noticed the flip in his upcoming reservations list.

Last edited by VickiSoCal; Mar 24, 2013 at 9:46 pm
Old Mar 24, 2013, 7:55 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

My husband us staying at the, now, JW in April for 2 weeks. He raves about this hotel.
It is a wonderful hotel. It was built to the JW brand standard but wanted time to build its service level up to the JW level.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ugh, first ever negative experience at the Pune JW, where the husband usually spends 2 weeks or more a year. In flight over the weekend I emailed him that his reservation had flipped from a standard room to a Junior Suite, which is what he usually gets there.

• Junior Suite, Executive lounge access, 1 Bedroom Junior Suite, 1 King, Sofabed, Skyline view

When he arrived he called me and said he was in a non-suite and I pulled up his reservation again

• Executive, Executive lounge access, Guest room, 1 King or 2 Double, Sofabed, Skyline view

He was a victim of the mysterious upgrade-downgrade that sometimes happens.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
Ugh, first ever negative experience at the Pune JW, where the husband usually spends 2 weeks or more a year. In flight over the weekend I emailed him that his reservation had flipped from a standard room to a Junior Suite, which is what he usually gets there.

• Junior Suite, Executive lounge access, 1 Bedroom Junior Suite, 1 King, Sofabed, Skyline view

When he arrived he called me and said he was in a non-suite and I pulled up his reservation again

• Executive, Executive lounge access, Guest room, 1 King or 2 Double, Sofabed, Skyline view

He was a victim of the mysterious upgrade-downgrade that sometimes happens.
I had a wonderful stay in December and was upgraded to a junior suite as a plat member. ..hope your husband finds the service and dining to be great as we did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.