Gold Elite @ JW Marriott

Old Jun 26, 2011, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta: Platinum Hilton: Gold Marriott: Platinum Priority Points: Plat
Gold Elite @ JW Marriott

Any Gold Marriott members have experiences at JW Marriotts. How are the upgrade, perks, etc.

I will be going to the one in chicago.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Varies. If available you'll get executive/club level access, free internet and lounge access. I was upgraded to a very nice suite in Mexico City as a gold but haven't gotten that room again as a plat, even though I stay there about 6-7x per year. Bogota I've only been upped to exec floor, same for Houston.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 5:33 am

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by DeltaMedallion
Any Gold Marriott members have experiences at JW Marriotts. How are the upgrade, perks, etc.

I have been upgraded at 2 differnet properties to nice corner rooms. They were weekend stays so no need for lounge access. I had called or emailed both times requesting an upgrade a few days before. At a couple of FS Marriotts comp breakfast buffets were included on weekend stays.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 10:43 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I was only Gold for a few months but during that time stayed twice at JW's and was very well treated both times. Can't say I've spotted any difference since making PLT apart from the amenity of course!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: Southwest A, Marriott LT Plat, US CP
Originally Posted by DeltaMedallion

JW Chicago has an Exec lounge that is closed on the weekends (Fri PM through Sunday @ 6pm). They made a point of telling me that they do NOT participate in the breakfast voucher program. Make sure to ask for an exterior room; the interior "courtyard" is just a giant sewer-like pipe.

Overall, the hotel is very beautiful and in a nice part of Chicago.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 4:58 pm

Programs: Delta basic after Gold; HHonors, Diamond; Marriott/SPG Plat; IHG/PCR Plat; Avis, Hertz
Fabulous at the JW in Grand Rapids, MI. Executive room upgrade every time. I have not been to the one in Chicago.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.