Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Offering Free Wifi in Europe and Asia Pacific

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2011, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but this will definitely encourage me to stay at Marriott's more!

"News
Marriott, Accor expand free WiFi offerings

By HOTELS Editors on 4/29/2011

In this article:

EUROPE AND ASIA PACIFIC Marriott International and Accor Hospitality are each significantly expanding their free WiFi offerings.

Marriott is now providing free WiFi to all members of its Marriott Rewards loyalty program across four brands in Asia Pacific. The newly complimentary amenity, which is open to all program members regardless of status, applies to the JW Marriott, Marriott, Renaissance and Courtyard brands in Australia, China, Guam, India, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.

“Asia Pacific is the fastest-growing region for Marriott Rewards, and we feel that complimentary high-speed Internet access will make Marriott International hotels the first choice for business travelers,” says Simon Cooper, Marriott’s president and managing director for Asia Pacific. “You can’t put a price on staying connected. So we don’t.”"

http://www.hotelsmag.com/MembersOnly...spx?item=23276
Old Apr 30, 2011, 10:23 am

. . . which is open to all program members regardless of status
That's something you don't see in FS properties of other chains! (At least, not the other chains I wind up staying at where I don't have status.)
Old May 6, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
WSJ suggests this will be global soon.
Old May 6, 2011, 10:11 am

Marriott is just offering this in Asia. The Europe refers to Accor's offering in France.
Old May 7, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 1K / *A Gold
Marriott should offer this to us in the U.S., it's homebase.
Old May 7, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by CoolWiz
Marriott should offer this to us in the U.S., it's homebase.
Of course it does. Has been for sometime. At least I have been using it for free.
Old May 8, 2011, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Of course it does. Has been for sometime. At least I have been using it for free.
You're listed as being lifetime Plat with Marriott Rewards, so you'd have been eligible for the free Wi-Fi because of your status.

The key point in the program mentioned by the OP is "The newly complimentary amenity, which is open to all program members regardless of status".
Old May 8, 2011, 6:59 am

Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
Originally Posted by Counsellor
You're listed as being lifetime Plat with Marriott Rewards, so you'd have been eligible for the free Wi-Fi because of your status.

The key point in the program mentioned by the OP is "The newly complimentary amenity, which is open to all program members regardless of status".

It makes sense for Marriott to offer free wifi in Asia. I mean IT stuff over there is crazy compare to that of here in the states. I wish I can download 100 MB/s AT MY OWN HOUSE. It's also cheaper too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.