Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Old Feb 12, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I know I'm beating a dead horse but the $100 guarantee is a throwback to the days when you would go through the effort of selecting a F&B and were asked when you wanted it delivered, then it would never arrive.

Which was fairly often IME in the past. That's the behavior that needed to be corrected with a penalty. The first time I collected, it was forced upon me by the FD as I didn't even know it existed. After 2 more payouts, I stopped asking as it was getting embarrassing, especially if the stay went well.

If the silly $10 coupon is that important rather than the silly 500 points, just ask for it!

I personally think both are insults after doing away with the F&B option, likely the many $100 payouts was a contributing factor.

Last edited by joshua362; Feb 12, 2017 at 5:28 pm Reason: typo, extra thought
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond for life, Bonvoy Titanium for Life, Delta Million Miler, Delta Platinum
Exactly
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I just checked into a hotel using the new mobile app and it said explicitly that I would get a 500 point arrival gift, and to ask if I want a coupon instead.

Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by getagb
I just checked into a hotel using the new mobile app and it said explicitly that I would get a 500 point arrival gift, and to ask if I want a coupon instead.

Was this IOS or Android?

So if this is the case, then an offer was made, even if you failed to read it, and they have met the terms of the benefit. My rule of thumb is if I want something specific I ask for it. If they have ticked me off somehow, then I'll push the issue and usually get the $'s.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Was this IOS or Android?

So if this is the case, then an offer was made, even if you failed to read it, and they have met the terms of the benefit. My rule of thumb is if I want something specific I ask for it. If they have ticked me off somehow, then I'll push the issue and usually get the $'s.
looks like the new iOS app. Could be a new feature but a great way for them to confirm it so kudos for them adding it. I generally get points unless I am with family or outside the us where the f&b offering is actually interesting.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Yes, iOS. I don't think the new app is out on Android yet. It's up for debate whether this really counts as an "offer" but seems like if you mobile checkin you won't be able to claim the $100 guarantee.

Would be great to see an actual choice on the mobile app in the future.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plat
I haven't seen this discussed yet in this thread:

When I checked in I was asked which PAG I wanted and I chose the points. I'm back home now and the stay has been credited without the PAG points.

Does this allow me to invoke the PAG guarantee or am I only able to get the 500 points at this point (because I am no longer a guest at the hotel)?

What are my options?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by flyerdan67
I haven't seen this discussed yet in this thread:

When I checked in I was asked which PAG I wanted and I chose the points. I'm back home now and the stay has been credited without the PAG points.

Does this allow me to invoke the PAG guarantee or am I only able to get the 500 points at this point (because I am no longer a guest at the hotel)?

What are my options?
This is discussed throughout the thread. Call Marriott Rewards and the points will be credit. Yes, its a PITA to have to call, but no, it's not eligible for the $$$. To invoke for the cash you need to notify the hotel before checkout. You cannot do that with the points, which creates a Catch-22 situation. I call Marriott once a quarter, go through the reservations where this is missed and get the points credited.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Just pointing this out for anyone who hasn't noticed and might care...

Many SPG properties also offer the 500 PAG. When you transfer SPG points to Marriott Rewards points, this becomes 1500 points. In three recent SPG stays (to take advantage of double points on an additional three stays) this yielded 3000 extra points.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Delta Hotel - Hunt Valley, MD

Hello everyone,

I am presently staying at this recently converted Wyndham. They are evidently in transition and do not know much about the Marriott program and most certainly are not aware of the Platinum Amenity Guarantee.

They failed to live up to multiple Platinum benefits and even admitted they did not offer the Amenity at check in.

I asked for the $100 guarantee and they say that Delta Hotels "do not participate" and they even claim they checked with Marriott Rewards. I asked for the name of who they spoke to and they had no name.

The proof is in this picture and link below that Delta participates.

They are trying to get out of the guarantee by offering a thousand or two Marriott Points.

I declined the offer and he said the offer is coming from the GM and that is the best they can do.

I said I will talk to the GM in the morning.

Crazy stupid that I have to argue with them about their participation.

I am on hold with MR customer relations to open a case.

Any thoughts in the meantime?

Everybody says here that you should not check out without resolution or you forfeit the guarantee.

I really just want to leave in the morning without drama!

Thanks all!

https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...s/guarantee.mi
Attached Images  

Last edited by chix; Jun 1, 2017 at 8:45 pm Reason: To add picture and link
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by chix
Hello everyone,

I am presently staying at this recently converted Wyndham. They are evidently in transition and do not know much about the Marriott program and most certainly are not aware of the Platinum Amenity Guarantee.

They failed to live up to multiple Platinum benefits and even admitted they did not offer the Amenity at check in.

I asked for the $100 guarantee and they say that Delta Hotels "do not participate" and they even claim they checked with Marriott Rewards. I asked for the name of who they spoke to and they had no name.

The proof is in this picture that Delta participates.

They are trying to get out of the guarantee by offering a thousand or two Marriott Points.

I declined the offer and he said the offer is coming from the GM and that is the best they can do.

I said I will talk to the GM in the morning.

Crazy stupid that I have to argue with them about their participation.

I am on hold with MR customer relations to open a case.

Any thoughts in the meantime?

Everybody says here that you should not check out without resolution or you forfeit the guarantee.

I really just want to leave in the morning without drama!

Thanks all!
I would have pulled up the website for them at the desk. I hate that its incumbent upon us to force these things sometimes. MR makes the rules. It shouldnt be painful to have them follow course.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
I would have pulled up the website for them at the desk. I hate that its incumbent upon us to force these things sometimes. MR makes the rules. It shouldnt be painful to have them follow course.
Thanks. The FD guy is just the messenger and is relaying what to offer via phone
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:17 pm

I opened a case with Marriott Customer Relations. They of course confirmed Delta DOES participate in the guarantee.

They directed me to check out in the morning and along with the receipt to politely ask for the $100 cash once again and refer to the case number they opened.

They even went to the extent of calling the dude that argued with me and explaining he was wrong and that he should have should not have challenged me, rather believe me and investigate further.

Hoping for less drama in the morning now that customer relations is involved and they are on my side.

They seem to think I will have no issues in the morning now that all members of management are properly informed. What ever happened to that saying "the customer is always right"!

Last edited by chix; Jun 1, 2017 at 9:56 pm
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by chix
Since the arrival gift is 500 points or a $10 F&B certificate, how is offering "a thousand or two Marriott points" trying to get out of the guarantee?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Since the arrival gift is 500 points or a $10 F&B certificate, how is offering "a thousand or two Marriott points" trying to get out of the guarantee?
Because they only offered the points after they realized they made a mistake and lied to me about Delta not participating in the Marriott guarantee.

Read the post from a few hours ago or if you care to, a few more pages of this thread that states others experiencing similar issues about non-compliant hotels and substitutes to avoid participating in the guarantee.

The guarantee is a specific arrival guarantee and it is there for obvious reasons!

The hotel is extremely unfamiliar with Marriott elite benefits as they recently converted from Wyndham.

Last edited by chix; Jun 1, 2017 at 10:10 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.