Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Travecard from Discover America now available on April 11th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Travecard from Discover America now available on April 11th

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Nothing in MN

Still didn't get mine.
I was traveling all week so wonder if my wife tossed them by mistake.
What did the envelope they were sent in look like?
Old Apr 30, 2011, 6:52 pm
Wow

Originally Posted by rthib
Still didn't get mine.
I was traveling all week so wonder if my wife tossed them by mistake.
What did the envelope they were sent in look like?
Mine came in a 6 x 9 plain white envelope. In the upper left corner there was a 1 and 1/4" x 4" gummed computer generated label with the return address of MI Fulfillment Services on the first line and 310 Bearcat Drive on the second line and Salt Lake City, UT 84115 on the third and last line. In the center of the envelope was another 1 and 1/4" x 4" gummed computer generated label with three lines that had my name and address. In the upper right hand corner a postage meter label printed in red ink with the date and the words "mailed from zip code 84115."

Hope this helps you (and hope your wife did not throw the money in the garbage .)
Old May 8, 2011, 7:53 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Those who posted about these Marriott gift cards having unprecedented language restricting their use with certain rates were correct. I have never received any gift cards (whether marketed as "gift", "vacation", or "travel" cards with this kind of language before. Unfortunately it is right on the back of the card and if I don't know how to interpret it, I am sure that others, including Marriott Front Desk reps, will also be uncertain. I'm stunned that Marriott would do this.

I contacted someone in the Marriott gift cards / incentives department and they have confirmed that these cards are restricted (which contradicts, imo, the marketing language which says they can be used like cash at Marriott hotels - like previous versions of these cards). I also requested that they provide a detailed list of rates these can and cannot be used for, but haven't heard back on this yet.

Meanwhile, I'd like to hear from others as to whether or not they have had any problems using these cards with various rate types.

IN the future, be sure to ask for exact language on any Marriott gift cards that you purchase as it is clear we can no longer be sure that they can be used like cash or credit cards at Marriott hotels.
Old May 8, 2011, 8:16 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Unfortunately it appears Marriott is changing their policies on the different types of cards.

The T&C's on travel cards noted the restrictions and I almost bought them hoping the new policy would not be enforced. I am now glad I did not purchase this time around,especially after reading the other thread detailing the problems with the new way of processing them.

I hope all who purchased these can use them easily before Marriott enforces the new terms. It would be a shame for FTers to lose the perks Marriott card promotions.
Old May 8, 2011, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GrizShel
Those who posted about these Marriott gift cards having unprecedented language restricting their use with certain rates were correct. I have never received any gift cards (whether marketed as "gift", "vacation", or "travel" cards with this kind of language before. Unfortunately it is right on the back of the card and if I don't know how to interpret it, I am sure that others, including Marriott Front Desk reps, will also be uncertain. I'm stunned that Marriott would do this.

I contacted someone in the Marriott gift cards / incentives department and they have confirmed that these cards are restricted (which contradicts, imo, the marketing language which says they can be used like cash at Marriott hotels - like previous versions of these cards). I also requested that they provide a detailed list of rates these can and cannot be used for, but haven't heard back on this yet.

Meanwhile, I'd like to hear from others as to whether or not they have had any problems using these cards with various rate types.

IN the future, be sure to ask for exact language on any Marriott gift cards that you purchase as it is clear we can no longer be sure that they can be used like cash or credit cards at Marriott hotels.
I don't see any unusual language on my cards and they work like they always worked.
Old May 8, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: AA , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platnium,Hyatt Diamond
I dont see any different lanuage on mine either...Just the usual
Old May 9, 2011, 10:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
The new language on my cards:

Card cannot be applied to group, special corporate/negotiated, catering, associate, or other discounted/noncommissionable rates.
And what the incentives folks told me:
Marriott offers the GiftCard and the TravelCard. The Marriott TravelCard is an incentive product and is often sold to other companies for promotions, such as the Discover America Daily Getaways promotion. The Marriott TravelCard does have some restrictions on the room rates for which it can be used towards. As stated in the terms and conditions, the TravelCard cannot be used for rates which require a membership or identification, as well as for group or catering business. The Marriott TravelCard can be used towards incidentals when staying on these room rates, however.

Marriott gift cards do not expire and the renewal date printed on the back of the card can be disregarded.
Not very excited about having to deal with this, not to mention the variety of interpretations we are likely to encounter at different properties about when we can and cannot use the gift / travel cards.
Old May 12, 2011, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platnium,Hyatt Diamond
Does anyone know if they will work on MEB rates? If you take the restrictions literally they shouldnt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.